Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Any webinars on staying sane...

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 9:23 pm
With dh at home all day? At wits end

I'm enjoying having my kids home. My dh, not so much. I'm really struggling with this. Anyone have any tips?

amother
Indigo

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 9:33 pm
You need to have separate spaces, and times. Is your husband telecommuting? Can you set up a desk in a room with a door that will be his "office"?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 9:44 pm
Unfortunately he needs the dining room table for much of his work. We don't have any other space at (our tiny little) home where he can spread out his materials as needed. But the bigger issue is that he's not actually working most of the day. Normally I'm at work so I'm not there to witness it. Now, I am.

amother
Indigo

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 10:27 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Unfortunately he needs the dining room table for much of his work. We don't have any other space at (our tiny little) home where he can spread out his materials as needed. But the bigger issue is that he's not actually working most of the day. Normally I'm at work so I'm not there to witness it. Now, I am.

Hugs. My husband is home to see how much time I spend online. But I am productive in between.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 10:30 am
https://www.imamother.com/foru.....85598

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 3:14 pm
amother [ Aquamarine ] wrote:
https://www.imamother.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=385598

Is this actually related to my issue?

amother
Taupe

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 3:16 pm
Earbuds! They seriously save my sanity.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 27 2020, 12:53 pm
I'm seriously breaking down. I've been weeping on and off (hiding it from everyone) for the past 15 hours. I can't handle this any more. The kids I can handle. Housework I can handle. Cleaning for pesach I can handle. I wish he would disappear. He is full of time and emotional energy for his parents, his siblings, his co-workers, his clients. For the kids and I he gives NOTHING. I reached out this morning and let him know that I feel like I'm running on empty. He didn't even look up from his stupid WhatsApp, just mumbled something under his breath. It's so painful. It's been years of challenges, and being home all day together for weeks has really brought it to the forefront. I'm so sad.

amother
Salmon

Post Fri, Mar 27 2020, 4:23 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I'm seriously breaking down. I've been weeping on and off (hiding it from everyone) for the past 15 hours. I can't handle this any more. The kids I can handle. Housework I can handle. Cleaning for pesach I can handle. I wish he would disappear. He is full of time and emotional energy for his parents, his siblings, his co-workers, his clients. For the kids and I he gives NOTHING. I reached out this morning and let him know that I feel like I'm running on empty. He didn't even look up from his stupid WhatsApp, just mumbled something under his breath. It's so painful. It's been years of challenges, and being home all day together for weeks has really brought it to the forefront. I'm so sad.

I don't have advice but I want to give you hugs and let you know that I understand! I so relate to the weeping on and off!
I am going through my own struggles relAted to Dh being home, and it's really hard!
I hope you're able to have a restful shabbos, maybe treat yourself to a magazine or something extra sweet!

amother
Taupe

Post Fri, Mar 27 2020, 4:27 pm
Try WhatsApping/texting him.

amother
Smokey

Post Mon, Mar 30 2020, 11:56 am
amother [ Taupe ] wrote:
Try WhatsApping/texting him.

Great idea. Shock him and send him the kind of whatsapp messages that will shock him and make him laugh.

Im not so good at this personally, but if one spouse wants their spouse to make a 360 degree change, they have to as well.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics