Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Building anxiety

wellaways

Post Wed, Mar 18 2020, 4:01 am
I'm in Israel and the number in cases just went up by almost 100 overnight! I know this is really just because more testing is being done and if we tested literally everyone in the country, the numbers would probably be in the thousands, but seeing the hard numbers freaks me out! I'm 1.5 years postpartum and Aunt Flo decides to show up FOR THE FIRST TIME (!!!!!) now, while we're basically in quarantine. All of the resources I've seen say the mikvot are okay but like.....I'm stressed out. I just moved to a new city and have no idea what the reputation of the mikvah in my city is, I made aliyah a year ago. What are yalls thoughts about mikvah right now? I hate the idea of getting sick and subsequently getting my (immunocompromised!) husband and baby sick Sad

amother
Lilac

Post Wed, Mar 18 2020, 5:37 am
wellaways wrote:
I'm in Israel and the number in cases just went up by almost 100 overnight! I know this is really just because more testing is being done and if we tested literally everyone in the country, the numbers would probably be in the thousands, but seeing the hard numbers freaks me out! I'm 1.5 years postpartum and Aunt Flo decides to show up FOR THE FIRST TIME (!!!!!) now, while we're basically in quarantine. All of the resources I've seen say the mikvot are okay but like.....I'm stressed out. I just moved to a new city and have no idea what the reputation of the mikvah in my city is, I made aliyah a year ago. What are yalls thoughts about mikvah right now? I hate the idea of getting sick and subsequently getting my (immunocompromised!) husband and baby sick Sad

Sorry that this was sprung on you so suddenly! I'm not in Israel so probably couldn't tell you anything about the mikvaot there, but maybe if you post the city, other people here can tell you? I'm pregnant so not sure how anyone is handling mikvah right now.... Must be so difficult in this environment! Are they open?

imasinger

Post Wed, Mar 18 2020, 6:37 am
AYLOR!

If you have a car, maybe you could travel to a mikvah that you know is safe?

Probably wouldn't be much traffic on the roads...

etky

Post Wed, Mar 18 2020, 9:56 am
I read that there are mikvaot that use a technology that is anti-virus and anti microbial.
Someone posted a list to our Yishuv's FB group but I can't manage to copy it to here.
Apparently they use this technology:
https://www.mikvarein.com/?fbc.....RpNTo

I see that there are mikvaot in the following places that use it:
Jerusalem
Bnei Brak
Ma'ale Adumim
Beitar

amother
Seagreen

Post Wed, Mar 18 2020, 10:08 am
etky wrote:
I read that there are mikvaot that use a technology that is anti-virus and anti microbial.
Someone posted a list to our Yishuv's FB group but I can't manage to copy it to here.
Apparently they use this technology:
https://www.mikvarein.com/?fbc.....RpNTo

I see that there are mikvaot in the following places that use it:
Jerusalem
Bnei Brak
Ma'ale Adumim
Beitar

Can u please post which mikva in beitar?

I'm in the same situation as op in regards to first period post partum. Baby is 9 months though! The earliest I ever got my period while nursing pp, maybe it's all the stress?? ( and a copper IUD is making it really heavy...)
Anyway, yeah I am a bit nervous about mikva...

etky

Post Wed, Mar 18 2020, 10:29 am
amother [ Seagreen ] wrote:
Can u please post which mikva in beitar?

I'm in the same situation as op in regards to first period post partum. Baby is 9 months though! The earliest I ever got my period while nursing pp, maybe it's all the stress?? ( and a copper IUD is making it really heavy...)
Anyway, yeah I am a bit nervous about mikva...

So the mikvaot listed are on the following streets:

Kedushat Levi
Kanievsky
Yitzhak Arieli
Brim
Mutzafi
Ba'al Shem Tov
Imrei Sofer
It says that all the bors have the device except for the Chabad ones in all the above mikvaot.
iThe contact number is 052 7616196 - David Hirshler.
Maybe inquire about the specifics of this "virus-buster" before you go.

amother
Seagreen

Post Wed, Mar 18 2020, 10:33 am
etky wrote:
So the mikvaot listed are on the following streets:

Kedushat Levi
Kanievsky
Yitzhak Arieli
Brim
Mutzafi
Ba'al Shem Tov
Imrei Sofer
It says that all the bors have the device except for the Chabad ones in all the above mikvaot.
iThe contact number is 052 7616196 - David Hirshler.
Maybe inquire about the specifics of this "virus-buster" before you go.

That's all the mikvas in beitar afaik.
So interesting.
Thank you, will definitely look more into it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics