Home

Actually, now I'm glad the last ivf didn't work!

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Issues of Concern within Frum Society -> Coronavirus/ COVID19 Health Concerns


View latest: 24h 48h 72h


amother




OP
 

Post  Thu, Mar 19 2020, 6:26 am
Weird what kind of things one now gets grateful for! When my last ivf cycle failed a month ago, I was sad and downtrodden, of course. Sad that Hashem yet again wouldn't give us another child.
Now, with the corona crisis and me working in the Israeli health system with possible exposure every day, I'm glad I'm not pregnant. The institution that employs me sent out directives yesterday that pregnant personnel have to continue working as usual, no exemptions. If I was pregnant, I'd be worried sick day and night and eat my heart out. Instead, now I can shrug it off, kind of. It's much easier this way. A strange blessing in disguise.
Back to top

FranticFrummie




 
 
 
 

Post  Thu, Mar 19 2020, 6:28 am
May you hear good news at the right time, in a safe environment.

Looking on the bright side is the best thing we can do for ourselves right now.
Back to top

amother




Blush
 

Post  Thu, Mar 19 2020, 6:30 am
I had a similar thought.
If I hadn't had a miscarriage, I'd be in my 3rd trimester. I also work in healthcare.
Back to top

amother




Oak
 

Post  Thu, Mar 19 2020, 7:36 am
Bonei olam has info about carona and getting pregnant
My. Daughters Ivf closed in nyc
Back to top

amother




Chartreuse
 

Post  Thu, Mar 19 2020, 8:38 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Weird what kind of things one now gets grateful for! When my last ivf cycle failed a month ago, I was sad and downtrodden, of course. Sad that Hashem yet again wouldn't give us another child.
Now, with the corona crisis and me working in the Israeli health system with possible exposure every day, I'm glad I'm not pregnant. The institution that employs me sent out directives yesterday that pregnant personnel have to continue working as usual, no exemptions. If I was pregnant, I'd be worried sick day and night and eat my heart out. Instead, now I can shrug it off, kind of. It's much easier this way. A strange blessing in disguise.


Such a nice perspective. And although slightly different, this is giving me a nice perspective too. Had my cycle not had been pushed off so much, I would have been due now while I'm knee deep in Corona symptoms. Thank Gd I'll had least have time to mostly, maybe even fully recover b4 baby comes.
Back to top

amother




Chartreuse
 

Post  Thu, Mar 19 2020, 8:40 am
amother [ Chartreuse ] wrote:
Such a nice perspective. And although slightly different, this is giving me a nice perspective too. Had my cycle not had been pushed off so much, I would have been due now while I'm knee deep in Corona symptoms. Thank Gd I'll had least have time to mostly, maybe even fully recover b4 baby comes.


Thinking to email my RE thank so much for their lab closures & his vacation that spared me being due this week!
Back to top

amother




Chocolate
 

Post  Thu, Mar 19 2020, 10:39 am
Crying
I don't know if I agree with you - I think I would have preferred to take the risk.
Now I'm at home, not pregnant and also unemployed.
Should I be thankful that I have no kids home that I have to entertain?
What fun! Sad
Back to top

amother




Chartreuse
 

Post  Thu, Mar 19 2020, 10:59 am
amother [ Chocolate ] wrote:
Crying
I don't know if I agree with you - I think I would have preferred to take the risk.
Now I'm at home, not pregnant and also unemployed.
Should I be thankful that I have no kids home that I have to entertain?
What fun! Sad


Def not because you are still allowed to have that strong desire for kids. Nothing will take that away and you are entitled to that feeling.

I think op is trying to see the hashgacha pratis in her situation. They say everything in the world is planned by Hashem for a reason - we don't always see it and sometimes were do but it can take a very long time. Op is reflecting and seeing how there is some silver lining to the unfortunate situation she had 9 months ago when treatment didn't with out the way she had anticipated.

Wishing good news by everyone, please soon!
Back to top
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Issues of Concern within Frum Society -> Coronavirus/ COVID19 Health Concerns

Related Topics Replies Last Post
How long do tweezers last?
by amother
7 Wed, May 20 2020, 9:20 am View last post
What will you do if work opens but school stays closed
by amother
26 Fri, May 15 2020, 9:19 am View last post
How much Hebrew is needed to work in special needs school?
by amother
7 Thu, May 14 2020, 4:17 am View last post
Camera doesnt work on computer HELP
by amother
1 Tue, May 12 2020, 7:18 pm View last post
How does this work?
by amother
14 Mon, May 11 2020, 7:27 am View last post

Jump to: