Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Not enough clothing!
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 19 2020, 9:14 am
told my dd to wear her uniform skirt today she's embarresed
my dd now has only one outfit which was fine because it was onlyfor unday when no school.now I'm not sure what to do but its nuts to wash everyday with so much going on right now.She grew a lot so last summer clothes don't fit and or this years.

r1

Post Thu, Mar 19 2020, 9:36 am
Order some cheap and basic clothing on target or amazon?

What size/ age is your daughter?

amother
Ruby

Post Thu, Mar 19 2020, 9:37 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
told my dd to wear her uniform skirt today she's embarresed
my dd now has only one outfit which was fine because it was onlyfor unday when no school.now I'm not sure what to do but its nuts to wash everyday with so much going on right now.She grew a lot so last summer clothes don't fit and or this years.

Hugs. Please tell your daughter that as upsetting as it might be, she should feel proud to be doing a mitzvah - venishmartem es nafshosechem meod. She/you is not going shopping because it's necessary for her and people around her health. When this is over, please get her something nice and special to wear.

twizzlers1

Post Thu, Mar 19 2020, 10:01 am
I totally get it this is super challenging. You're not leaving the house anyway can she just stay in pajamas if there's nothing clean? I know that getting dressed helps us feel normal. But with nowhere to go if she's happier pajamas that maybe that's okay temporarily.

amother
Coral

Post Thu, Mar 19 2020, 10:03 am
She can wear hoodies and sweatshirts, she doesn't have to wear an outfit every day.

mommy3b2c

Post Thu, Mar 19 2020, 10:10 am
Order her some clothing on line?

southernbubby

Post Thu, Mar 19 2020, 10:24 am
Is there a friend whose child has outgrown her dresses who could lend some hand me down clothing until you are able to shop or products bought online arrive?

amother
Gold

Post Thu, Mar 19 2020, 10:25 am
Who is she seeing?
She should not be leaving the house

amother
cornflower

Post Thu, Mar 19 2020, 11:33 am
Like others I am not understanding the issue.

You can order some cheap clothing to be worn inside the house to be delivered.

Where is she wearing clothing so she needs different outfits every day?

SingALong

Post Thu, Mar 19 2020, 12:58 pm
Several stores in my area advertised that they will do phone orders. And then curbside pickup. Try calling some places near you, I’m sure they’ll be happy to do it.or online ordering

watergirl

Post Thu, Mar 19 2020, 1:09 pm
I’m assuming there is a financial issue here? Maybe someone has handmedowns to offer if You can post your location?

amother
Pearl

Post Thu, Mar 19 2020, 1:39 pm
I ordered four jumpers, IOW sleeveless summer dresses, and several long sleeve tees from Walmart for my hard-to-fit and picky 8 year-old. I think it all cost under $25. She has worn the same dress every Sunday this season, turning up her nose at everything else she has, and outgrew everything from last summer. Now I have to pray that these things fit and that she'll deign to wear them! (Yes, she chose them!) As for Shabbos and Yom Tov? Nothing!
Anyone have links for cheap shabbos clothes and shoes for a chubby, picky 8 year-old?

DrMom

Post Thu, Mar 19 2020, 1:43 pm
OP, here's what I understood from your post:

Pre-corona, your daughter mostly wore school uniforms; therefore, she had only a limited number of non-unufirm casual clothes.

Now that there is no school, those casual outfits are all she can wear, so you need to do laundry very frequently.

Can she wear her school outfit even though there is no school?

Can you get some inexpensive tops for her (hand-me-downs or something from a cheap store)?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 19 2020, 6:16 pm
Wow thanks everyone for understanding. I usually bargain hunt stores sales rack because I need very cheap and tznius. My kids want to daven and play (by themselves ) once a day right in front of the house but she is embarrassed of the neighbors andshe feels its not fair unless that one dress is washed then she is not going outside and I'm finding that hard.And feels its not fair. The houses are close together. All neighbors are in similar situation in and out of the house to get some air. We warned our kids not to go next to anyone and we only let them out just for a small amount of time. we are not in quarantine but I don't feel its safe to run around shopping now. Wish I was better prepared

r1

Post Thu, Mar 19 2020, 6:21 pm
Can u post her size?

Why can’t you order one or two things?

ra_mom

Post Thu, Mar 19 2020, 6:24 pm
What size? Maybe we can post links for bargains.

exhausted

Post Thu, Mar 19 2020, 6:24 pm
Please post size and location. I'm cleaning out my daughter's closet. She's a little older but I may have a few things.

amother
Denim

Post Thu, Mar 19 2020, 6:36 pm
If she has 3 outfits you only have to make a load every other day.
I actually do laundry everyday, we're home and we're a big family so why not...

cbsdbs

Post Thu, Mar 19 2020, 7:31 pm
Tottini and kidichic have nice things. You can order online. Very reasonable

amother
Ecru

Post Thu, Mar 19 2020, 7:34 pm
Where are kids not allowed outside? I understood there's social distancing, not complete quarantine.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics