Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Are you having a seder with any extended family?
1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 2:43 am
siblings, parents, etc. who live in the same city?

amother
Lime

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 2:51 am
Our original plan was to have seder by my in-laws in a different city. Not sure if that's happening now because they're in the above 60 age range.

Plan b is to at least have seder by my cousins in the same city, and we'd be sleeping over for the night. The half hour or so walk home won't be so pleasant after 4 cups.

If Bibi tightens the belt, so to speak, we'll be having seder by ourselves.

Things literally change by the day so I have no clue right now what it's actually going to look like in the end. I'm planning for everything.

amother
Cerise

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 2:54 am
We're packing up and going to my parents once we're done with quarantine. I'm scared we're going to end up in the ER for stitches or worse with the amount of furniture jumping going on from being cooped up in a small apartment.

amother
Orange

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 3:03 am
If I can't get a hold of Pesach supplies (meat, matzah, etc.) shipped to us since we can't responsibly drive into Brooklyn anymore to pick them up (we live OOT); and if the local stock of potatoes, onions, etc. is not replenished; we may go to my parents (they also live OOT, but in a different area).

They probably already got corona, so I'm not so worried about them. OTOH, I'd rather respect the whole social distancing thing and stay home, but not at the expense of starving my family for Pesach.

DrMom

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 3:14 am
We were going to do seder night with another family (neither of us have any local family), but it seems we will each make our own seder this year.

groisamomma

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 3:25 am
We were going to move in with my sil to have the seder and shabbos with my fil but for now we're staying home.

Iymnok

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 4:28 am
Just us. Same as we’ve done for the last two years.

DVOM

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 4:38 am
I'm really torn.

We were supposed to have the first days in Baltimore with my husband's family, second days in Brooklyn with mine. I've never made Pesach before and am still recovering from a big surgery.

My parents seem not to be really getting the situation. When Pesach comes up in conversation they say that don't see why we can't still come. We've been in contact with no one for the past week and it's still three weeks until Pesach. If none of us are sick by then, why can't we have Pesach together?

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 5:19 am
In laws are coming (instead of going to Isreal) we are quarantined

Last edited by amother on Sun, Mar 22 2020, 5:48 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 5:20 am
In laws are coming (instead of going to Isreal) we are quarantined oot staying home while they are not taking this whole thing seriously so it is them who have a bigger chance of infecting us. I am annoyed at them but it will kill them to be without family. Im torn if I should invite them now already (they not easy to have around) so they will be more safe and stop visiting sick people on thier block . On other hand I scared they are infected already and the healthcare here is not the best.

amother
Royalblue

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 5:35 am
Pesach is 2 1/2 weeks away, lots can change. For the past few weeks before corona became a big deal I was quietly davening to Hashem to do something so that my inlaws wouldn't come to me for yomtov. It's more my fil than my mil. I have been davening for something minor, nothing crazy, just that they stay home for pesach. I get stressed out when fil is around. His hygiene is very not up to normal standards and I have made do with it for the last 5 pesachs. With corona around for the foreseeable future some things will need to change and I'd rather he stays home.
Hashem please stop the virus from killing people and keep people safe. Also keep my inlaws home because they themselves decided it's better at home (never gonna happen, they're still gonna come corona or not Banging head )

amother
Honeydew

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 5:38 am
no. me, my husband, and three little kids. its gonna be great!

amother
Royalblue

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 5:38 am
And I can't tell fil to up his standards. I'm gonna havta hide all hand towels and use paper towels while he's around. Gonna havta get a big bottle of clorox wipes and use it on yomtov to wipe down areas he touched....
He doesn't take well when people tell him what to do when he's been doing same thing for so long

amother
Wine

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 6:33 am
My married couples and their children will be coming iyH. It is too difficult for them to make Pesach. We are young grandparents with a houseful of single kids BH.

amother
Amethyst

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 6:37 am
My parents live nearby and want us to come first days. I’m hoping it works out because staying home alone for a 3 day yontif sounds pretty awful.

amother
Mustard

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 6:42 am
Supposed to have my wiowed mother in law and divorced sister in law. But now we have disinvited them. We have reason to believe we are infected with corona. And my mil is High risk with underlying medical condition.

imasinger

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 6:42 am
No, no, and no.

I'm incredibly sad, and so is my DD and family. But health experts and rabbeim are saying it so very clearly.

If you go, you might be putting people at risk. Maybe not your family. But if someone transfers the virus, then the infected person goes shopping, and is spreading it before they are symptomatic, or is asymptomatic, it's a serious problem.

New rules in Italy -- anyone leaving their home for non emergency reasons is going to be tried for murder.

Don't do it!

banana123

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 6:45 am
No. Health Ministry said every household does their own seder.
So that's that.

banana123

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 6:46 am
imasinger wrote:
No, no, and no.

I'm incredibly sad, and so is my DD and family. But health experts and rabbeim are saying it so very clearly.

If you go, you might be putting people at risk. Maybe not your family. But if someone transfers the virus, then the infected person goes shopping, and is spreading it before they are symptomatic, or is asymptomatic, it's a serious problem.

New rules in Italy -- anyone leaving their home for non emergency reasons is going to be tried for murder.

Don't do it!

Oooh they should apply that to everyone partying at Park Hayarkon yesterday.

amother
Orchid

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 6:47 am
amother [ Lime ] wrote:
Our original plan was to have seder by my in-laws in a different city. Not sure if that's happening now because they're in the above 60 age range.

Plan b is to at least have seder by my cousins in the same city, and we'd be sleeping over for the night. The half hour or so walk home won't be so pleasant after 4 cups.

If Bibi tightens the belt, so to speak, we'll be having seder by ourselves.

Things literally change by the day so I have no clue right now what it's actually going to look like in the end. I'm planning for everything.

I'm actually quite shocked that in Israel people are still planning to go to cousins etc.

Everyone I know here is doing nuclear family only.

I don't know anyone who doesn't go out at all - every family has one member that goes to the supermarket or work or something. So no one is fully 100% quarantined, and most people I know won't be mixing at the seder with people out of their household.
Page 1 of 5 1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics