Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Share good things about being home
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 10:54 am
We are all going through some tough and stressful stuff with everyone home and anxious. But there is a bright side. Please share somethings you are grateful for.

1) Our whole family now has dinner together every night.
2) I don't have to drive carpool!
3) We are all healthy.

amother
Honeydew

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 10:54 am
B”H
B”H
B”H

Pesach cleaning is actually less stressful even though the kids are home.
Usually I can clean only when the kids are home because I work
But now that I have to be home I can limit them to 1 room and clean another
4 Kids ages 4- 10.

My living/dining room is a disaster area but that will be done last.

thriver

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 10:59 am
BH lots of bonding time. I told my kids if I have to be stuck with anyone, I’m happy to be stuck with them. It’s definitely rough but we’re trying to make the most of it.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 11:08 am
I wouldn't say I'm caught up on laundry, but I'm a lot closer than I usually am.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 11:15 am
-I learned that I prefer home workouts than the gym!
-I toilet trained DC!

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 11:19 am
I get to accomplish more household work in the morning and afternoon , even though I work all day because there’s no traveling time, to and from work.

sub

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 11:21 am
My dh made a comment- he used to daven shachris with a 20 min minyan. Now he says everything out loud and slowly , concentrates on the words and meanings. So takes about 45 minutes. Thurs is rosh chodesh. Will probably be longer. I didn’t always daven more than brachos, now I am davening every day.

amother
Hotpink

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 11:21 am
My kids are a LOT happier. They get along better than ever! They have learned to really care for each other and help each other out. (They are NOT angels. But up until now I was reaaallly worried that they wont ever get along and will hate each other.

They like school, but I think the school day is too intense for them and the come home crazy. Instead of heing stressed around them I want to be around them. Bh bh bh!
It also gave me the confidence that I am a good mother. Its the circumstances that make our family life difficult.

DrMom

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 11:24 am
- Cuts down my commute by 99.9%
- Laundry all folded
- I hear air quality in Israel has improved by 30% due to the shutdown. Too bad soon we won't be permitted to go outside and breathe it all in
- One of my kids considers most of the schoolday to be a waste of time. Now he is using his time to take an online course.

sub

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 11:29 am
The world is cleaning up. Read articles of the venice canal waters being clear. Pollution numbers are down. Satellite pictures showing clearer areas

saralem

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 11:57 am
I get to work from home, which I thought I wouldn't like--but it's actually really good. of course, no commute. but also, no shaitel, no makeup, no shoes, no figuring out what outfit to wear. I can work in a jean skirt, sweatshirt and tichel--and slippers!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 12:09 pm
My kids are doing zoom classes with their school teachers. I was thinking about the teachers. They are getting spoiled having a mute button! LOL

busy mommy

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 1:27 pm
I finally have the time to figure out exactly what my kids are learning in school and what level they are on.
I get to wake up later (we go to sleep later)
I see my husband way more (he is also working from home)
I see how valuable I am at work

amother
Ecru

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 1:29 pm
Definitely cheaper living now because there is no where to go have fun. No softplays and the like. No stores to buy clothing so it's the cheapest 'holiday' but I'm struggling with this new reality and making yt 😔

amother
Violet

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 1:33 pm
I am pregnant and was finding work exhausting. Now I'm home. Still exhausted but not same level.

icedcoffee

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 1:38 pm
I'm really enjoying spending all this time with my husband. A few months ago we were even saying how awful it is when we just want to be together but only end up having dinnertime and a few exhausted hours before bed every weekday. I'm also learning to cook a lot of things that I've always wanted to try but were too time-consuming or difficult. Now I'm embracing the challenges out of boredom Smile

stillnewlywed

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 2:05 pm
Living in PJS

Refine

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 2:08 pm
My toddler is loving having his siblings home to play with him all day!

blessedflower

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 3:49 pm
I'm having quality time with my dd and we are both loving it. I almost forgot how nice it is

amother
Blonde

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 3:58 pm
Literally everything!!! Im introverted and dull. Def not to excited morah type AT ALL. I thought id hate home schooling with a passion (I send my kids to every "between" camp that exists) but im surprised at myself that im really enjoying it. I made a room in the house and its my classroom and im teaching my bigger kids(I have 2 older ones around the same age and then a baby)
The biggest revelation to me is seeing my kids from a teachers perspective. I finally understand why the teachers have said certain things to me by PTA etc.. very eye opening..
I think id be open to doing this long term if we didnt need my income...
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics