Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
My daughter in quarantine has a terrible toothache.....
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 7:28 pm
.....and I can't find a dentist. My regular dentist prescribed antibiotics so it shouldn't get infected, but he pain is really bad. She's 5 years old. How long can I give her Tylenol. Who knows how long we'll be in quarantine???

amother
Silver

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 7:30 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
.....and I can't find a dentist. My regular dentist prescribed antibiotics so it shouldn't get infected, but he pain is really bad. She's 5 years old. How long can I give her Tylenol. Who knows how long we'll be in quarantine???

Why don’t you know how long quarantine is going to be? Who put you in quarantine and why?

amother
Lawngreen

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 7:50 pm
Ask your dentist about using clove oil. It must be diluted in a carrier oil for use in kids. Refuah shelaima.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 7:57 pm
My son was exposed to someone who tested positive, and he started exhibiting symptoms on Sunday. No one can tell me if quarantine is over two weeks from when our family was first exposed, or two weeks from after our family is virus free (and who knows when that is). No one put us in quarantine, we self isolated when he got cough and fever.

In the meantime she's screaming in pain and tylenol only helps a bit. The pain wakes her at night.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 7:59 pm
Where would I get clove oil? (I'm in quarantine, so I can't even go out).

How do I use it if I do manage to get it?

momof2+?

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 8:04 pm
Are you sure that it is a tooth ache and not an ear infection? (Back teeth sometimes hurt and its hard to tell where it is coming from...)

amother
Ginger

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 8:04 pm
Find someone that can take her to the dentist. This is an emergency and must be taken care of ASAP.

amother
Lavender

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 8:05 pm
Call your pediatrician!

ladYdI

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 8:13 pm
Advil or Motrin works better for a toothache than Tylenol. Also lasts longer so she can sleep better hopefully. Ambesol or any other teething medicine may work as well. I think that’s a better choice than Clove oil. Ask your pediatrician if you’ve never given motrin or Advil before. Is she also taking antibiotics?

octopus

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 8:28 pm
Except if she really has corona they are saying motrin and advil are terrible for that.Tylenol is safer.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 9:04 pm
Finding someone to take her won't help. She is just as exposed as I am. I don't want to give her Motrin because the whole reason that we're in quarantine is that we don't know if we've been infected.

She took the antibiotics, but I really need her to be seen. It's not an ear infection. I know that she had a
cavity, and I had an appointment booked to fill out, but it was cancelled when everyone was told to self isolate.

Can anyone tell me how long we'll have to be in quarantine? I can't find that info anywhere?

amother
Ginger

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 9:08 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Finding someone to take her won't help. She is just as exposed as I am. I don't want to give her Motrin because the whole reason that we're in quarantine is that we don't know if we've been infected.

She took the antibiotics, but I really need her to be seen. It's not an ear infection. I know that she had a
cavity, and I had an appointment booked to fill out, but it was cancelled when everyone was told to self isolate.

Can anyone tell me how long we'll have to be in quarantine? I can't find that info anywhere?

This is a reason to break quarantine. It's an emergency. You cannot let a child be in agony. An ignored infected tooth can become septic. Take her to the ER if you have to.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 9:14 pm
Breaking quarantine is one thing, but go find a dentist who will treat a kid who's been exposed to covid.

She's on antibiotics, so I'm not straps of an infraction going septic, but I really need her to be seen, and I'd like to make an appointment somewhere for the day we're done quarantine.

Can I assume that two weeks after my son started symptoms that if we didn't come down with anything yet, we're okay to go out? (With social distancing of course).

imasinger

Yes, call doctors and dentists. She needs help, and shouldn't wait. Don't do ER, but someone will tell you how to handle this.

out-of-towner

Ask your pediatrician about Motrin or Advil. Not everyone is in agreement that it's a problem to take at this point.

amother
Ginger

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 9:15 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Breaking quarantine is one thing, but go find a dentist who will treat a kid who's been exposed to covid.

She's on antibiotics, so I'm not straps of an infraction going septic, but I really need her to be seen, and I'd like to make an appointment somewhere for the day we're done quarantine.

Can I assume that two weeks after my son started symptoms that if we didn't come down with anything yet, we're okay to go out? (With social distancing of course).

Please don't let a child be in agony till the end of quarantine!! It's torture! Make some phone calls to find a solution for now. Call you're pediatrician and dentists. Don't let your child suffer.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 9:22 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Wait, she was already seen by a dentist who was supposed to treat the cavity? Please call their emergency line and let them know what's happening. It's not ok to leave an existing patient in terrible pain indefinitely. They can take necessary precautions, but they have no reason not to treat her.

amother
Mustard

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 9:30 pm
I agree with the above posters. Take care of this right away! Dentist must treat, otherwise you should head to the ER.

Another mom

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 10:22 pm
octopus wrote:
Except if she really has corona they are saying motrin and advil are terrible for that.Tylenol is safer.

Check it out - I heard that that's fake news

amother
cornflower

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 10:25 pm
Where do you live? If you live in lkwd I might have a dentist for u
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics