Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational
Share something kind you did
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 28 2020, 12:41 am
Can we start a pay it forward, mitzvah thread? I’m tired of reading about COVID and all the negative things going on in the world.

Please share something kind you did today.

I’ll start. I’m part of several mommy groups on Facebook in my area. Well, a mother posted looking to trade a bunch of different items (because she didn’t have $) looking for a specific brand of diapers for her baby who has bad allergies. I saw that a certain store in my area has this exact brand/size in stock. So I ordered her a box that she can pickup in store (I added her as the alternative pickup). So, there’s my small mitzvah I did today to help another mommy in need.

I hope to read a lot more positive posts on this thread.

amother
Aqua

Post Tue, Apr 28 2020, 12:43 am
I’m a therapist, and I’m finding it difficult to do teletherapy. But I did a two hour phone session today and was as always fully present and empathetic. Does that count?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 28 2020, 12:48 am
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:
I’m a therapist, and I’m finding it difficult to do teletherapy. But I did a two hour phone session today and was as always fully present and empathetic. Does that count?

Definitely!! You have an important job as a therapist, helping others.

amother
Sapphire

Post Tue, Apr 28 2020, 12:55 am
I visit my grandma every day (obviously only from outside her window) to break up her long and lonely day.

Surrendered

Post Tue, Apr 28 2020, 1:07 am
I offered dinner to my divorced brother and kids.
I cooked up a storm for him. I prepared another meal for tomorrow evening and some food he can freeze and take out as needed.

amother
Violet

Post Tue, Apr 28 2020, 1:12 am
Helping my mom out with computer problems.

amother
Chocolate

Post Tue, Apr 28 2020, 1:13 am
I barely have a dollar to my name at this point.
A family member handed us a credit card! And said You can use it as much as you need to.
With just one condition: Do not tell anyone about it!
Mi Ke'amchu yisroel

amother
Green

Post Tue, Apr 28 2020, 1:16 am
My friend, a mother of a large blended family, was too overwhelmed before yontif to cook anything more than the basics. Knowing she'd rather die than feel like a taker, I prepared a large family size dessert that would last for a few seudas, then went on to lie to her to PLEASE take it because I over calculated and this would go to waste. She couldn't get over the hashgacha pratis because her kids were so sad there's no dessert for yt and this was such good ice cream!

amother
Mistyrose

Post Tue, Apr 28 2020, 1:40 am
Leading up to Pesach, the Filipino helper of a man aged 102 years old in my building came to me asking if I'd any eggs because she was trying to organize a seder plate for him (egg shortage in Israel). I remembered that his wife died earlier this year and this would be his first Pesach alone (spending it with his non Jewish assistant and without even his sons to visit). So I made up his seder plate and added some chicken soup, kugels and cake for his seder.

happyone

Post Tue, Apr 28 2020, 2:11 am
I was a full time mom and wife today. I even did the job of my cleaning gal.

amother
Vermilion

Post Tue, Apr 28 2020, 2:28 am
Right after pesach, Friday, I was bh able to bake challas and throw in a cake.
A neighbor of mine, whom I'm close with, works every day and I know she's a little overwhelmed. So Before the zman I sent up a tray of fresh cake.
For my sister-in-law, her toddler son ruined her rising challa dough, she had to dump it and buy. As I was braiding my challas it popped into my mind to make 2 key challas and give to her 1 (nothing like fresh heImish). And I also sent along a tray cake.
They were both so thankful

busy mommy

Post Tue, Apr 28 2020, 6:56 am
Before pesach I sent food to some singles in my community for Shabbos. Seeing this thread reminds me to start it up again, thanks for the reminder!

amother
Pink

Post Tue, Apr 28 2020, 7:05 am
I got extra masks I didn’t need I gave it to strangers
I paid for an autistic boys family expenses

missmuffetsmum

Post Tue, Apr 28 2020, 7:36 am
I baked an extra shlissel challah for my neighbour. He is divorced and has one married son living abroad who he had planned to spend YT with. He told us after Shabbos, "I was truly touched. Not only was it a fresh delicious challah, but it was a SHLISSEL challah!"

amother
Peach

Post Tue, Apr 28 2020, 9:11 am
I'm sending meals for a family that the mother is ill. We've also organized a toy drive for them and sent them DVD'S to keep them entertained.
I sent yom tov to a single guy who had to spend yom tov alone. We also send him meals whenever possible.
Someone asked me to pick up some groceries for them. Their credit card declined, I paid for their groceries.
(Why do I feel uncomfortable sharing this? Like I'm boasting?)

amother
Vermilion

Post Tue, Apr 28 2020, 9:18 am
A-there's a reason for going anon
B-we need such to make us feel good during this hard times... Not only thinking how not easy this all is
Let's all pat ourselves for being able to think abt others as well

tweek

Post Tue, Apr 28 2020, 10:13 am
I don't know if this counts, but I figured it is beneficial to bring awareness so that others can follow suit.

I tipped the worker of a store that was doing curbside service. It was a food store and since there is no drive through window, the workers were running back and forth to the cars in the rain, tryingto remember orders, taking payment, organizingthe cars etc.

He was so surprised and appreciative, he looked like he would burst into tears. I realized that others might not have thought of doing so.

So I'm posting here just to bring awareness. If you are using stores where workers are working under different and difficult circumstances, please consider tipping them.

amother
Gray

Post Tue, Apr 28 2020, 10:19 am
wow, you guys are amazing!!
I played red light green light and duck duck goose with my kids yesterday, chessed at home! I think that counts, no?

amother
Pink

Post Tue, Apr 28 2020, 10:37 am
my single daughters came home for pesach on surorised us by coming they caught carona virus from
my husband they have been home a month I sent one daughter home with a household worth of products and my precious toilet paper

amother
Seashell

Post Tue, Apr 28 2020, 10:42 am
I call my mother in law three times a week and give her money towards things she doesnt fargin herself to buy, even though she disliked since he was a little boy and she blatantly favors her other children.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational