Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Vacation!

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 8:23 am
I know I am going to get bashed for asking but is it totally insane to go on a road trip at the end of June?
I look forward to doing this all year( my husband a teacher and we are never able to get away during the year)
I can’t come to terms with the fact that I can’t do this this year. Also I feel like it’s what it keeping me going with this long distance school thing- knowing it will
Be done soon and we’ll be on the road on the way to a new destination. I do have k’h a bun of kids and one of them might be considered immunocompromised( not according to her doctor but according to the cdc)
Any advice would be great! Very Happy

keym

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 8:30 am
I would say you can't plan either way.
The end of June is far away and we just can't know.
Some states are slowly opening, but who knows how and what.
Don't rule it out, but don't plan.

I sympathize.
My son's bar mitzvah is the last week in June and all this unknown is making me more crazy than everything else. I can't plan. Will it be a party with just my immediate family (all 7 of us) with everyone else on Zoom? Will we be able to make a small minyan? Will he Lain? Backyard party for 20? 30? 50? Oot guests?
All up in the air. I plan and hold onto my sanity by looking forward to exciting things, and I just can't do that.

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 5:50 pm
what would you do if you were in my situation?

Learning

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 5:57 pm
Plan to go. We don’t know what will happen until june.

amother
Yellow

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 6:02 pm
As long as you're flexible I think you should plan. Like everything in life, can we really know? Half the fun may be the planning though, and I think it's important to have healthy doze of hope

ExtraCredit

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 6:50 pm
Just got a call today that our kids’ summer camps in the Catskills are preparing as if they’re opening but it’s too early to tell whether or not they will. So it makes sense to make plans tentatively. Are hotels even taking reservations these days?

amother
Rose

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 7:01 pm
I would do a caravan! Think it’s the best plan for now

Stars

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 7:02 pm
I would rent an RV and go.

DVOM

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 8:06 pm
We're hoping to house swap or camp cross country. I don't know if it will actually happen, but the planning is giving me many sweet hours of daydreaming. I keep checking the national parks service website, waiting to hear if national and state parks are opening their campgrounds... we'll just have to keep on hoping and praying!

dancingqueen

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 11:04 pm
Frankly I would not plan a vacation for a month from now. Maybe August.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 12:01 am
So it's getting closer to out trip-
my whole family is looking forward to going but now the area we are supposed to go to is a major hotspot for Covid-19.
I asked my rabbi what he thought about going and he said since we are taking precautions and will be social distancing, plus with our anxiety about the coming school year we should still go. Do you think that is a horrible idea?

amother
Lawngreen

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 12:05 am
I wouldn't travel to a Hotspot. Since it's anyway a road trip, can you switch it to somewhere less infected?

Mama Bear

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 12:09 am
If youre not going by plane, and youre taking precautions, I'd say you can still go, but with the awareness that you're taking a risk.

DrMom

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 12:09 am
Depends.

Is this vacation a "go out and do things with crowds of people in indoor venues" vacation?

Or a "do outdoorsy stuff and hang out in our rented villa with a pool" vacation?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 12:18 am
It's to go check out an area we are thinking about moving to. We also plan on going to places like the zoo, aquarium- but all of those places will have timed tickets- so it will be social distant.
I feel like we need to see how the area looks and feels being there- you can't get that from looking online. Also, noone knows how long this will last and I really want to move next summer
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics