Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Neighbors not taking precautions
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 2:02 pm
I’m disgusted with my next door neighbors, they all had the virus and now they’re gallivanting around, in and out of the house, on the porch, trips in the car—all while wearing no masks or gloves as if this isn’t happening. Now they went away on a trip for a few days in the car—I can’t imagine where. What on earth?

amother
Chartreuse

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 2:04 pm
Can’t control others
Don’t stress

groovy1224

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 2:05 pm
Why would they wear gloves and masks on their own porch or to take a drive?

amother
Apricot

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 2:06 pm
Sorry but there is nothing wrong with them going in and out of their house and on their porch without masks. Assuming no other ppl are coming into their property. Because then they are not within 6 ft of others.
People are allowed outdoors.

flowergirl8

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 2:06 pm
amother [ Apricot ] wrote:
Sorry but there is nothing wrong with them going in and out of their house and on their porch without masks. Assuming no other ppl are coming into their property. Because then they are not within 6 ft of others.

This is me, not sure why it came up anonymous

thunderstorm

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 2:07 pm
I have neighbors that are making daycamps together. Play in each other’s homes all day etc. Not my business. I can’t take responsibility for other people’s actions. I can only worry about my own. Believe me, when you learn to let go and not worry about what others are doing your life becomes SO much easier.

amother
Mustard

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 2:07 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I’m disgusted with my next door neighbors, they all had the virus and now they’re gallivanting around, in and out of the house, on the porch, trips in the car—all while wearing no masks or gloves as if this isn’t happening. Now they went away on a trip for a few days in the car—I can’t imagine where. What on earth?

Is this a sarcastic post or for real?
I don't see anything wrong with what they're doing. You don't have to be locked into the house.
Why can't they be on their porch?
It is not illegal to go on trips now.
You only need to wear a mask when not social distancing.

amother
Pink

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 2:08 pm
I’ve been locked up 8 weeks Going nowhere . when I go into a store I put on a mask. When I go on my porch or the car I don’t need to wear a mask there’s nothing wrong. Going on a trip for a few days Virginia and Pennsylvania ar renting out houses and people going to save there sanity! Your bored get a life and do something it’s time you I locked yourself

amother
Vermilion

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 2:09 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

We’re they out and about while they actually had it? Or after they recovered. I had I recovered and was cleared you bet I went out!

amother
Hotpink

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 2:24 pm
Is their porch 6 ft from others? Their car?

Well if not, they are selfish or self centered. But nothing to do except dont do shidduchim with them. People will do what they want.

Just dont waste your energy focused on others.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 06 2020, 3:24 pm
amother [ Apricot ] wrote:

They are next to others. They even go right up to peoples car window to talk to them and they have no mask on. That’s not social distancing. I couldn’t care less what they do by themselves but that puts others at risk. They go food shopping unprotected too

amother
Ivory

Post Wed, May 06 2020, 3:30 pm
Op, Id be disgusted to have neighbors like you.
Please mind your own business.

amother
Mustard

Post Wed, May 06 2020, 3:32 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
They are next to others. They even go right up to peoples car windo pow to talk to them and they have no mask on

Unfortunately there's nothing you can do about it.
I learnt that you don't have to "see" everything.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 06 2020, 3:34 pm
amother [ Ivory ] wrote:

What a lovely and gracious thing to say. Likewise.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 06 2020, 3:35 pm
amother [ Hotpink ] wrote:
Is their porch 6 ft from others? Their car?

Well if not, they are selfish or self centered. But nothing to do except dont do shidduchim with them. People will do what they want.

No their porch and car isn’t 6 ft away

amother
Mustard

Post Wed, May 06 2020, 3:41 pm
amother [ Ivory ] wrote:

That's not nice! We're allowed to be bothered by our neighbors behavior.
I feel like I'm talking to a kindergarten kid.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 06 2020, 3:48 pm
amother [ Mustard ] wrote:

Yeah I bet the ones who are siding here with the neighbors who don’t social distances are probably also guilty of not social distancing

CiCi

Post Wed, May 06 2020, 3:51 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Yeah I bet the ones who are siding here with the neighbors who don’t social distances are probably also guilty of not social distancing

Of course. I'm not really going anywhere but my kids are playing with neighbors. I don't want to have to open a thread that my kids are depressed and need therapy because we are social distancing.

Simple1

Post Wed, May 06 2020, 4:01 pm
amother [ Mustard ] wrote:

OP used the word disgusted first. She wasn't just bothered.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 06 2020, 4:03 pm
Simple1 wrote:
OP used the word disgusted first. She wasn't just bothered.

What grade are we in?
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette