Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Passport renewal

DVOM

Post Fri, May 08 2020, 7:15 am
We have a close family wedding in 2 months. It's hard to know if we will be able to travel, but we're trying to get our stuff in order just in case.

We just discovered that some of our family members need their passports renewed. A quick search online told me that the renewal process is very long and complex right now with so many government agencies closed.

Does anyone know of a business which takes care of passport renewal for you and can expedite the process? It might be worth my while to have someone take care of this headache for me!

DVOM

Post Fri, May 08 2020, 9:16 am
Anyone?

avrahamama

Post Fri, May 08 2020, 9:17 am
If you're in America ...I think there is same day service in CT and also downtown Manhattan

sub

Post Fri, May 08 2020, 9:22 am
Where do you live?
In Brooklyn there are such services, but they charge almost triple the cost

amother
Linen

Post Fri, May 08 2020, 9:51 am
DVOM wrote:
We have a close family wedding in 2 months. It's hard to know if we will be able to travel, but we're trying to get our stuff in order just in case.

We just discovered that some of our family members need their passports renewed. A quick search online told me that the renewal process is very long and complex right now with so many government agencies closed.

Does anyone know of a business which takes care of passport renewal for you and can expedite the process? It might be worth my while to have someone take care of this headache for me!

I had applied for a renewal in early March, and I had just checked up on the status this week. The website stated as you've said above, but made specific mention to contact them if you'll be traveling within the next few weeks. Maybe that's worth a try first, before laying out extra fees.

amother
Cyan

Post Fri, May 08 2020, 10:01 am

nanny24/7

Post Tue, Jul 28 2020, 11:21 am
Hi
I just spoke to Monmouth County Clerk Office. They are located in Freehold, NJ.
They say as of July 6 and after they were allowing in person passport applications by appointment only. They said they have appointments available even this week and in August for children or adults.
The state department has not authorized them to allow an expedited option, so once going to the appointment it will still take 3 to 4 months to receive the newly issued passport in the mail.
This is still great news because before that it was completely impossible to renew a child passport. They do take passport photos there.
In certain cases they allow to send a copy of certain documents instead of original so being copies of all documents as well in case that's possible (so as not to be left without a birth certificate for months if that's an option. I think for someone that never had a passport before they do require the original).
This is their information:
Freehold Passport Office is open:
Monday through Friday
8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Passport Photo Service Available
Address: 
Monmouth County Clerk
33 Mechanic Street, in The Market Yard,
Freehold, NJ 07728
Phone: 732-431-7324

2xmom

Post Tue, Jul 28 2020, 11:42 am
If this makes you calmer, I applied for passports for my kids on June 30th, we got the original birth certificates back and passport last week. But, we renewed my husbands passport at the same time and that is still in processing.

They also advised that once the Department will start expediting you can expedite it at that point online by paying an additional fee.

nanny24/7

Post Tue, Jul 28 2020, 11:47 am
Thanks 2xmom.
They let you apply for your kids online/by mail? Or you mean you had an appointment on June 30 for your kids in person?

2xmom

Post Tue, Jul 28 2020, 11:49 am
had an appt. on June 30 by my local post office.

nanny24/7

Post Tue, Jul 28 2020, 11:49 am
2xmom wrote:

Thanks.

amother
Sienna

Post Fri, Aug 07 2020, 2:35 pm
2xmom wrote:

What state are u located in?

amother
Royalblue

Post Tue, Aug 25 2020, 1:12 pm
Anyone know where in Monsey to renew a passport? And if they already give appointments?

amother
Ivory

Post Tue, Aug 25 2020, 1:16 pm
amother [ Royalblue ] wrote:
Anyone know where in Monsey to renew a passport? And if they already give appointments?

Not in The Days of Covid, but we've always used the post office in Palisades Mall. For some reason, its fast. And open on Sundays.

The person in front of me in line at another post office had an appointment for a passport, so I know they're taking them in NY.

If you're in a rush, call an expediting place and see what they can do. It will at least give you an idea on time frames.

amother
Lilac

Post Tue, Aug 25 2020, 1:17 pm
My friend emailed senator menedez's office and got a letter of some sort (I think it's called a congressional letter) which can expedite the process[quote]

amother
Lilac

Post Tue, Aug 25 2020, 1:18 pm
They're doing passport renewals at the jackson post office. I think it's by appointment.

amother
Royalblue

Post Tue, Aug 25 2020, 11:36 pm
amother [ Ivory ] wrote:
Not in The Days of Covid, but we've always used the post office in Palisades Mall. For some reason, its fast. And open on Sundays.

The person in front of me in line at another post office had an appointment for a passport, so I know they're taking them in NY.

If you're in a rush, call an expediting place and see what they can do. It will at least give you an idea on time frames.

Thanks

MiriW

Post Sun, Sep 06 2020, 12:16 am
Can a child's passport be renewed at the post office? Or just adults?

nanny24/7

Post Sun, Sep 06 2020, 1:24 am
MiriW wrote:
Can a child's passport be renewed at the post office? Or just adults?

As far as I know a child passport can be renewed at a post office. I don't know where you live and how easy it is or not to get an appointment.
Both parents have to be present as well as the child. It's possible to have one parent sign and have notarized an affidavit stating they allow the other parent to apply without them present.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics