Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
How badly have you let yourself go?
1  2  3  Next

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 3:07 pm
And I don't just mean weight gain. That's practically a given.

Today I was babysitting, and my snood slipped back a bit. The little 4 year old says "Ima, why is FF's hair two different colors? It used to be only one color."

What she was seeing is the inch of gray hair that has grown in, since I haven't dyed my hair in over 3 months! TMI

amother
cornflower

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 3:10 pm
I think I look like a cow from so much weight I gained šŸ˜¢

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 3:12 pm
amother [ cornflower ] wrote:

The 4yo also patted my belly and asked me if I had a baby in there. (Yep, they're twins. Named Ben and Jerry. Ice cream )

Evil child! Twisted Evil

Last edited by FranticFrummie on Tue, May 12 2020, 3:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

ShishKabob

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 3:13 pm
amother [ cornflower ] wrote:
How would you know what cows look like lately? Have you been at the zoo recently? Or worse, did you go visiting farms? Uh Oh! I betcha not doing SD!!!

amother
Green

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 3:13 pm
I've been working very hard on tracking my food and watching my carbs. I'm struggling with the same 3 lbs but maintaining the 10 I lost before Pesach. And walking a lot in front of the house.

BUT yes I was struggling whether to go get my hair dyed. I am afraid to do it myself because I once almost got some dye in my eye which is supposed to be very dangerous. But I am not yet ready to take the risk of going out to my hairdresser ... I REALLY don't like the gray. But...

amother
Slategray

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 3:14 pm
BH I have the opposite. I have all the time in the world to work out and take care of myself and my home. BH I am doing much better physically because I don't have any hired help. Hashem is giving me the strength I lacked before. I have all the time to work on those things on my wish list. My house is getting a facelift. My kids are closer than ever even the one that is 5000 miles away. I am the entertainment for DC.

chocolate moose

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 3:50 pm
I decided not to groom until this is all over .. then I realized my razor is probably not going to be able to handle that. LOL

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 4:27 pm
amother [ Slategray ] wrote:
BH I have the opposite. I have all the time in the world to work out and take care of myself and my home. BH I am doing much better physically because I don't have any hired help. Hashem is giving me the strength I lacked before. I have all the time to work on those things on my wish list. My house is getting a facelift. My kids are closer than ever even the one that is 5000 miles away. I am the entertainment for DC.

Nope. You don't get to post that here. Go start your own spinoff! Mad

This is a misery party. Don't ruin it for everyone else.

zoom

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 4:37 pm
amother [ Green ] wrote:
I've been working very hard on tracking my food and watching my carbs. I'm struggling with the same 3 lbs but maintaining the 10 I lost before Pesach. And walking a lot in front of the house.

BUT yes I was struggling whether to go get my hair dyed. I am afraid to do it myself because I once almost got some dye in my eye which is supposed to be very dangerous. But I am not yet ready to take the risk of going out to my hairdresser ... I REALLY don't like the gray. But...

you can do it yourself. really not so difficult.
I did mine the other day.
smells soo strong tho.

imasinger

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 5:32 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
The 4yo also patted my belly and asked me if I had a baby in there. (Yep, they're twins. Named Ben and Jerry. Ice cream )

Evil child! Twisted Evil

Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter

bigsis144

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 7:46 pm
I have been eating everyoneā€™s leftovers and not even bothering to make food for myself.

I wish I had the dignity to say ā€œno, Iā€™m gonna sit down with my own plate, d*mmit, and not eat everyone elseā€™s scraps to prevent food from going to wasteā€.

But no, Iā€™m worse than an untrained puppy. Nom nom nom Iā€™m the sentient garbage disposal šŸ˜

HeartyAppetite

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 8:32 pm
I knew that if I donā€™t take care of myself Iā€™m going to feel even worse emotionally. So I made a list I try to do very day...
First is getting the kids and myself dressed after breakfast...
Making sure I drink 9 cups of water
Getting 15 min of exercise, I like Leslie sans one walk at home...
I also try to eat fruits and veggies
And go to sleep on time
And take care of myself, brushing teeth, shaving, nails...

pizzapie

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 8:44 pm
Wine is now my go to when I am feeling overwhelmed/stressed/sad/happy Cheers ....oh, and I have a full mustache and unibrow Hiding

Moonlight

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 8:49 pm
There are 2 awful furry caterpillars perched over my eyes.....

amother
Pumpkin

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 8:52 pm
Babysitting?! Whatever happened to social distancing?! I'm horrified.

amother
Pewter

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 9:03 pm
After plucking out a million eyebrow hairs and gray head hairs today on lag bā€™omer I really feel much better

amother
Green

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 10:17 pm
Quote:
you can do it yourself. really not so difficult.
I did mine the other day.
smells soo strong tho.

First of all, I use an herbal product. It doesn't smell so bad. But does warn you that getting in the eye can cause blindness. I did it many times, until, as I said, it almost went in my eye. I decided it's not worth the risk.

But I do put on makeup & jewelry every single day. I think it's very helpful in making me feel like a person & not a shmateh.

amother
Emerald

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 11:20 pm
Part of this is bc I'm pregnant and a lot of stuff gets done before mikvah, and because it's been cold, but I shaved my legs for the first time in ages today and I can't remember the last time I plucked my eyebrows.

amother
Cobalt

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 12:46 am
amother [ Pewter ] wrote:
After plucking out a million eyebrow hairs and gray head hairs today on lag bā€™omer I really feel much better

Not sure if this is sarcasm... but afaik a woman (married for sure, idk the rule if not) may groom herself any time, sefira or 3 weeks

LisaS

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 12:51 am
FF, thanks for the laughs! I needed it.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics