Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
How badly have you let yourself go?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

heidi

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 10:06 pm
I'm sitting in front of the computer eating last nights foccacia, cold.
At 8am.
Does that answer your question?

amother
Cerise

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 10:08 pm
I saw this thread several times and rested opening it but I've finally caved. The situation is dire. I gained 17lbs and can't stop eating. I have a house full of adult family. We have been quarantining together from the beginning. Eating is a big activity here so thats been fun but awful. I have been too tired to exercise so I haven't don't any of that. I only get dressed Shabat and then its a tent dress, so I haven't zipped or snapped anything in a really long time. I also am having a really hard time wearing shoes. I've been wearing slippers for so long that when Shabat comes along I have a really hard time with the whole shoes thing. And I'm not talking heels. Im talking regular low heeled shoes. They just aren't snuggly like slippers.

BH My eyebrows actually look ok.

Because of all the weight Ive gained and the junk I am eating oh and the not sleeping doesn't help either, my skin is awful. Sallow, clogged pores etc.

Manicure/Pedicure not even going there.

I was not a person who spent a great deal of time at the hair salon however apparently I did a lot more than I thought I did. My hair is beyond horrific. The grey is out and front and center. But then there is the texture. I need a keratin treatment badly. I am seriously thinking about doing it at home. I have the kit. I am just not very good at these things. And then of course there are the split ends. I bought a scissors and have been watching YouTube videos but still nervous to try. But my hair now sticks out of my shietel. So any day now.

I think avoiding the scale and the mirrors are probably my best bet for now.

anonymrs

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 10:22 pm
bigsis144 wrote:
I have been eating everyone’s leftovers and not even bothering to make food for myself.

I wish I had the dignity to say “no, I’m gonna sit down with my own plate, dammit, and not eat everyone else’s scraps to prevent food from going to waste”.

But no, I’m worse than an untrained puppy. Nom nom nom I’m the sentient garbage disposal 😝

Why was this reported?

amother
Taupe

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 10:49 pm
amother [ Cerise ] wrote:
I am seriously thinking about doing it at home. I have the kit. I am just not very good at these things. And then of course there are the split ends. I bought a scissors and have been watching YouTube videos but still nervous to try. But my hair now sticks out of my shietel.

I just wanted to encourage you to try it. I touched up my hair color myself for the first time and gave myself a haircut for the first time. It may not be perfect but it's an improvement and I'm glad I wasn't afraid to try.

byisrael

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 1:13 am
Well

I botched my haircut job - one side is significantly to short but I am afraid that if I continue to try to even it out it will end up to short for a pony (shaitel) LOL

My sheital really really needs to be done - all oily and gross

I don't want to know how much I've gained but let me assure you that my clothing is all nice and snug

I've been plucking my eyebrows and mustache but at some point you really just need a wax....

amother
Papaya

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 1:21 am
This, my friends, is why the discussions on whether or not to TTC during a pandemic were so ludicrous.

The absolute best thing during a lockdown is to be pregnant, and to have a convenient excuse for every single pound.

Aside for that, my hair and toenails are too long, but I really can't blame anything for that - I'm just too lazy to take care of it.

amother
Wheat

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 12:43 pm
Thanks , you all made me feel normal. I gained five kilo....bh caught myself last week and working hard to loose it...plus a bunch more. Help me hashem!

amother
Azure

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 12:57 pm
my eye brows are bushy my gray hair is three inches

amother
Babypink

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 1:08 pm
amother [ Cerise ] wrote:
I saw this thread several times and rested opening it but I've finally caved. The situation is dire. I gained 17lbs and can't stop eating. I have a house full of adult family. We have been quarantining together from the beginning. Eating is a big activity here so thats been fun but awful. I have been too tired to exercise so I haven't don't any of that. I only get dressed Shabat and then its a tent dress, so I haven't zipped or snapped anything in a really long time. I also am having a really hard time wearing shoes. I've been wearing slippers for so long that when Shabat comes along I have a really hard time with the whole shoes thing. And I'm not talking heels. Im talking regular low heeled shoes. They just aren't snuggly like slippers.

BH My eyebrows actually look ok.

Because of all the weight Ive gained and the junk I am eating oh and the not sleeping doesn't help either, my skin is awful. Sallow, clogged pores etc.

Manicure/Pedicure not even going there.

I was not a person who spent a great deal of time at the hair salon however apparently I did a lot more than I thought I did. My hair is beyond horrific. The grey is out and front and center. But then there is the texture. I need a keratin treatment badly. I am seriously thinking about doing it at home. I have the kit. I am just not very good at these things. And then of course there are the split ends. I bought a scissors and have been watching YouTube videos but still nervous to try. But my hair now sticks out of my shietel. So any day now.

I think avoiding the scale and the mirrors are probably my best bet for now.

just shave your hair!

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 1:13 pm
amother [ Pumpkin ] wrote:
Babysitting?! Whatever happened to social distancing?! I'm horrified.

I'm not sure if you're joking or not, but here's the deal. The family I used to do babysitting for has a new baby, and they need a full time nanny. I'm working for them several hours a week now. I absolutely love these kids and their parents.. We're a great fit.

The dad made an office on the mirpesset, where he works full time AND is taking college courses. The mom is having a very difficult recovery, and literally can't lift anything heavier than a glass of water. The toddler is NOT a fan of the new baby, and she needs lots of attention. This is not a "luxury", the way a cleaning lady is.

They said that I am the only person they could trust to keep to all the Covid rules, and be to be honest about it. I'm the first person they've let into their house since before Purim. I feel very honored.

amother
Mint

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 1:17 pm
I only wore my sheital once in the last 2 months; I gained 7 lbs. have skipped doing my eyebrows. I don’t wear socks anymore except when we go outside

chmom

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 1:35 pm
Sooooo
I tried to trim the back of my hair and cut quite a swath in the back. In an insane moment of „whatever, let me just shave it all off„ I did a number 8, which I thought would be much MUCH longer than it is.
I now look like a man anD can hardly look at myself in the mirror
Oh yeah, and I have gained 15 lb
I HATE THIS

zoom

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 3:25 pm
this thread is funny!

sorry to ask, but what does it mean that your hair sticks out of your shaitel?
dont understand how it can stick out?
you tuck it all in and the net covers your whole head...

amother
Cerise

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 3:42 pm
zoom wrote:
this thread is funny!

sorry to ask, but what does it mean that your hair sticks out of your shaitel?
dont understand how it can stick out?
you tuck it all in and the net covers your whole head...

I have one that I got that is really comfortable because I plunk it right on top of my hair. But now my hair sticks out.

zoom

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 3:43 pm
where exactly does it stick out?
ths sides? the back?

do you have clips?

amother
Cerise

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 3:43 pm
I think this thread is haunting me. I had a dream last night that I saw these two women that I had gone to camp with. (Many years ago.) they didn't recognize me and even when I told them who I was they didn't believe me.

Laiya

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 4:15 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
I'm not sure if you're joking or not, but here's the deal. The family I used to do babysitting for has a new baby, and they need a full time nanny. I'm working for them several hours a week now. I absolutely love these kids and their parents.. We're a great fit.

The dad made an office on the mirpesset, where he works full time AND is taking college courses. The mom is having a very difficult recovery, and literally can't lift anything heavier than a glass of water. The toddler is NOT a fan of the new baby, and she needs lots of attention. This is not a "luxury", the way a cleaning lady is.

They said that I am the only person they could trust to keep to all the Covid rules, and be to be honest about it. I'm the first person they've let into their house since before Purim. I feel very honored.

Ugh no need to justify yourself FF.

4g01o

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 4:18 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:

You forgot to mention that you're in israel where things have started opening up and bH had a very low death rate compared to other countries.

Simple1

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 5:38 pm
bigsis144 wrote:
I have been eating everyone’s leftovers and not even bothering to make food for myself.

I wish I had the dignity to say “no, I’m gonna sit down with my own plate, d*mmit, and not eat everyone else’s scraps to prevent food from going to waste”.

But no, I’m worse than an untrained puppy. Nom nom nom I’m the sentient garbage disposal 😝

I used to do that, but the past couple months I became too super conscious of germs.

liveandlove.ima

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 5:41 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
The 4yo also patted my belly and asked me if I had a baby in there. (Yep, they're twins. Named Ben and Jerry. Ice cream )

Evil child! Twisted Evil

Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics