Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Are white cotton tights back in for kids? (BP chassidish)
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 1:16 am
My oldest daughter just turned 3 so into tights she goes! I know for a while white was considered untouchable but I heard it's coming back in? For example, with a pink sleeveless dress she's wearing a white shell. Does she then wear light grey or white tights?
And only the cotton ones right? Still ribbed or flat knit ok too?
BP chassidish/heimish circles.
You can judge me for caring but I want to do this right and not be "sooo nerdy" that she's even wearing tights.

amother
Silver

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 1:20 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
My oldest daughter just turned 3 so into tights she goes! I know for a while white was considered untouchable but I heard it's coming back in? For example, with a pink sleeveless dress she's wearing a white shell. Does she then wear light grey or white tights?
And only the cotton ones right? Still ribbed or flat knit ok too?
BP chassidish/heimish circles.
You can judge me for caring but I want to do this right and not be "sooo nerdy" that she's even wearing tights.

Everyday or shabbos?
Grey more practical and wud be my preference for every day .
No reason to judge! Not every question here needs to be of the heavy kind!

amother
Silver

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 1:22 am
I was so happy when grey replaced white cuz the white was anyway always grey I dont want to see

PeanutMama

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 1:23 am
I would put my future little girl in knee highs personally or maybe socks.
She would only be a girl for a short time Sad why not let her enjoy her childhood
I’ll enforce tznius when she’s six (as I was taught lol)

But again idk how early to put my girl in tights.
So far I have a son...

amother
Ginger

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 1:24 am
I don't have little girls, and even when I did, I was probably the nerdy one, lol.
But for Shabbos little girls I see light, but very thin, not cotton. That's too thick.
I'm in Monsey, though, so we're behind the times.

amother
Silver

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 1:28 am
Hashem_n_Farfel wrote:
She would only be a girl for a short time Sad why not let her enjoy her childhood

So far I have a son...

She asked about tights color preference... not whether she should put on tights.

justforfun87

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 1:32 am
This is like the saddest post ever and I don't mean to be mean. How exhausting to try to fit in! Be free!

amother
Silver

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 1:36 am
justforfun87 wrote:
This is like the saddest post ever and I don't mean to be mean. How exhausting to try to fit in! Be free!

Replies like these make me think twice about asking advice here. If you can help the OP please do otherwise go to the next thread.

amother
Ginger

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 1:36 am
justforfun87 wrote:

You sure have a strange definition of the word sad.

amother
Red

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 1:38 am
Thin cotton ribbed white for weekday, thin lycra (designed if you prefer) for Shabbos - starting Shavuos time.

PeanutMama

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 2:37 am
Personally though I would put navy or dark gray tights on weekdays and maybe black for shabbos idk but I’ll know when I have my baby girl Smile

groisamomma

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 2:42 am
Light gray or white cotton ribbed for weekday. I personally like the light gray look better than stark white. Also, every speck or stain shows up on white and you end up having to replace white tights every couple of weeks.

Shabbos tights for little ones I don't know about so I can't add to that.

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 8:06 am
Thank you to everyone who posted a helpful response! I understand the grey is more practical lol but to me it feels clownish to bring in an unrelated color like the example I posted earlier if she's in a pink dress and white shell. That's why I was wondering if white is still illegal lol.

mom24.7

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 8:22 am
White cotton I prefer ribbed but make sure sneakers also a light color. Once is navy or black it's considered " nerdy"

amother
Ginger

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 8:33 am
groisamomma wrote:
Light gray or white cotton ribbed for weekday. I personally like the light gray look better than stark white. Also, every speck or stain shows up on white and you end up having to replace white tights every couple of weeks.

Shabbos tights for little ones I don't know about so I can't add to that.

They tear and get get stained at approximately the same frequency, so that takes care of all issues. Wink

farfel

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 8:49 am
It started coming back in last year. It looks really cute and coordinated when wearing white shell. The sneakers/shoes should have white sole. Do rather ribbed white so the tights look more sporty and not so shabbosdig.

clowny

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 8:57 am
Op, are you asking about every day or for shabbos?
For every day, why not put her on chambray tights? They sell such cute ones. And it goes to everything. I have a few little girls and they wear it all summer. I think white is nerdy.
And for shabbos I would buy either designed grey or these white with a shimmer of silver or gold.

amother
Scarlet

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 9:08 am
I have not seen really white tights for weekday, especially not on a 3 year old. I'd put on grey tights with a pink dress. I have several girls and I'm always matching and buying tights. My girls wear chambray, grey, and light tan tights. I have not seen white on girls and I don't think it's practical, especially on a 3 year old. It's tricky for it to look cute, you need the right shoes and dress, otherwise it can be really nerdy.

amother
Scarlet

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 9:11 am
Hashem_n_Farfel wrote:

So far I have a son...

She didn't ask if she should put her girl in socks or tights. Many people put tights on when the girls turn 3.
You can't know now what you're gonna do, in many schools the girls need to put on tights at 3.

amother
Scarlet

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 9:13 am
justforfun87 wrote:

Sad?? Fitting in?? Some people hold that at 3 you put on tights. What does it have to do with fitting in?? And why is it sad??? Nothing to be sad about!
It's sad that you're making fun of other's minhagim.
Page 1 of 7   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics