Home

Headbands leaving mark on baby's head

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty


View latest: 24h 48h 72h


amother




OP
 

Post  Fri, May 22 2020, 8:50 am
Headbands are leaving a red mark on my baby's head so I stopped putting them on her. Her head is normally sized ; not sure why these bands don't fit! Is this normal?
Back to top

amother




Sienna
 

Post  Fri, May 22 2020, 10:14 am
How old is the baby and what size/type headbands are you getting?
Back to top

fleetwood




 
 
 
 

Post  Fri, May 22 2020, 12:28 pm
Yes! That's why my girls never wore them. Plus I always thought they looked silly
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post  Fri, May 22 2020, 12:29 pm
3 months.
Size 6-12 months or one size fits all
Back to top

amother




Wheat
 

Post  Fri, May 22 2020, 12:29 pm
OK, seriously now. Covid brain fuzz here. I read the thread title as "Husband leaving mark on my baby's head"....
Back to top

thunderstorm




 
 
 
 

Post  Fri, May 22 2020, 12:37 pm
I found that for babies the headbands that are made out of the nylon that is like pantyhose were the ones that didn’t leave marks and are still the most comfortable.

I posted a link so that you could see the band part...that’s the type that I am referring to. It expands and is very stretchy.

https://www.amazon.com/Headban.....5f-20
Back to top

Radish




 
 
 
 

Post  Fri, May 22 2020, 12:45 pm
amother [ Wheat ] wrote:
OK, seriously now. Covid brain fuzz here. I read the thread title as "Husband leaving mark on my baby's head"....


LOL same here LOL LOL LOL
Back to top

amother




Sienna
 

Post  Fri, May 22 2020, 12:55 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
I found that for babies the headbands that are made out of the nylon that is like pantyhose were the ones that didn’t leave marks and are still the most comfortable.

I posted a link so that you could see the band part...that’s the type that I am referring to. It expands and is very stretchy.

https://www.amazon.com/Headban.....5f-20


I only use these type headbands on babies. They're the most comfy.
Back to top

wifeandmore




 
 
 
 

Post  Fri, May 22 2020, 1:20 pm
Radish wrote:
LOL same here LOL LOL LOL


Me too 😂
Back to top

iyar




 
 
 
 

Post  Fri, May 22 2020, 1:51 pm
Sorry OP, I never got the headband on baby girl idea. If they're leaving marks, leave her alone. I'm sure she's beautiful without the headband. Baby girls just are. (Baby boys too.)
Back to top

amother




Sienna
 

Post  Fri, May 22 2020, 2:07 pm
iyar wrote:
Sorry OP, I never got the headband on baby girl idea. If they're leaving marks, leave her alone. I'm sure she's beautiful without the headband. Baby girls just are. (Baby boys too.)


Because you don't "get" it, OP shouldn't put on a headband? I think it's adorable. The right headband should be comfortable.
Back to top

amother




Orchid
 

Post  Fri, May 22 2020, 2:59 pm
wifeandmore wrote:
Me too 😂


Me three
LOL LOL
Back to top

amother




White
 

Post  Fri, May 22 2020, 3:04 pm
amother [ Orchid ] wrote:
Me three
LOL LOL

Me four. I was gonna put it in the first reaction to thread titles thread. Glad I checked here before. We all got the same covid syndrome.
Back to top

amother




Hotpink
 

Post  Fri, May 22 2020, 3:06 pm
iyar wrote:
Sorry OP, I never got the headband on baby girl idea. If they're leaving marks, leave her alone. I'm sure she's beautiful without the headband. Baby girls just are. (Baby boys too.)



I use them because she has straight hair and her bangs flop in her eyes otherwise. Clips and pony’s terrify me in terms of her putting them in her mouth, so headbands it is.

We use stretchy cotton ones from zulily and find they’re great.
Back to top

Hashem_n_Farfel




 
 
 
 

Post  Fri, May 22 2020, 3:35 pm
Me five


Op,
If you’re concerned about her head getting a weird shape dont put headbands till she is at least a year old and has longer hair
Back to top

amother




Wheat
 

Post  Fri, May 22 2020, 5:39 pm
Thank you two, three, four and five for the validation...
Back to top

amother




Natural
 

Post  Fri, May 22 2020, 7:05 pm
Hashem_n_Farfel wrote:
Me five


Op,
If you’re concerned about her head getting a weird shape dont put headbands till she is at least a year old and has longer hair


Some babies have long hair. My daughter was in a ponytail before her first birthday because headbands weren't keeping her hair out of her eyes anymore.
Back to top

FranticFrummie




 
 
 
 

Post  Sat, May 23 2020, 3:43 pm
I never understood headbands on babies. Why is this a thing?

I never got to mess with DD's hair, because every time I tried to put a barrette or bow on her, she'd rip it off, throw it across the room, and scream! Even at just a few months old, she was very clear that she did not like stuff on her head, and has been that way ever since. Even a low pony tail drove her crazy.
Back to top

amother




Hotpink
 

Post  Sat, May 23 2020, 10:13 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
I never understood headbands on babies. Why is this a thing?

I never got to mess with DD's hair, because every time I tried to put a barrette or bow on her, she'd rip it off, throw it across the room, and scream! Even at just a few months old, she was very clear that she did not like stuff on her head, and has been that way ever since. Even a low pony tail drove her crazy.



Because some babies have hair that flops into their eyes and they tolerate headbands more than clips.
Back to top

amother




Sienna
 

Post  Sat, May 23 2020, 11:23 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
I never understood headbands on babies. Why is this a thing?

I never got to mess with DD's hair, because every time I tried to put a barrette or bow on her, she'd rip it off, throw it across the room, and scream! Even at just a few months old, she was very clear that she did not like stuff on her head, and has been that way ever since. Even a low pony tail drove her crazy.


It's a thing because headbands on baby girls are adorable.
Back to top
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Summer solution: big head
by amother
1 Thu, May 14 2020, 8:16 am View last post
Head Banging - Help!
by amother
27 Tue, Apr 14 2020, 2:59 pm View last post
How to keep my head on straight during this time
by amother
13 Mon, Mar 30 2020, 9:23 am View last post
Any flights leaving Israel
by amother
16 Sun, Mar 15 2020, 3:35 pm View last post
Corona virus and leaving
by cheese1
12 Wed, Mar 04 2020, 5:36 pm View last post

Jump to: