Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
How Are We Spending The Month Of June
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 26 2020, 2:23 pm
There’s still a full month after shavuos until the summer. Although daycamps are still up in the air I’m hoping that there will be some sort of organized activities for the kids by July. But heaven help us there’s still the month of June. My kids are going off their minds. They have almost nothing from school since they’re too young (preschool). They do mingle with neighbors already (bashers please leave the thread now) and I try to occupy them with some crafts and toys but the day is still way too long. Any survival tactics? I’m losing my mind! Punch

lk1234

Post Tue, May 26 2020, 2:25 pm
Can you get outdoor activities- bubbles, hoola hoops, bikes, rollerblades, a cozy swing, gardening tools. Anything outdoors is great. Not sure where you are located but it is great weather now - b"h for that at least. Let's take advantage!

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 26 2020, 2:27 pm
lk1234 wrote:
Can you get outdoor activities- bubbles, hoola hoops, bikes, rollerblades, a cozy swing, gardening tools. Anything outdoors is great. Not sure where you are located but it is great weather now - b"h for that at least. Let's take advantage!

Have most of the list. Like I said I’m occupying them but still the day stretches on forever. I don’t even know what suggestions I’m looking for. Guess it was just a vent. Although I was hoping that someone will be so kind and open the schools for me next week.

southernbubby

Post Tue, May 26 2020, 2:41 pm
What about a kiddie pool? Most beaches are open.
My DS and DIL have a sandbox which gets lots of use.
Any neighbors who will let you walk their dog with your kids?
There was a used bike dealer called the Bike Man who was selling used bikes in my neighborhood. Preschool kids need training wheels but bikes are a good activity.

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 26 2020, 2:48 pm
southernbubby wrote:
What about a kiddie pool? Most beaches are open.
My DS and DIL have a sandbox which gets lots of use.
Any neighbors who will let you walk their dog with your kids?
There was a used bike dealer called the Bike Man who was selling used bikes in my neighborhood. Preschool kids need training wheels but bikes are a good activity.

The dog idea certainly made me smile. First smile of the day so I thank you. My kids are afraid of dogs... but thanks. Really what I need is a break from being the one occupying them for the entire day all this time. Im just missing school and routine so much. Crying

mommy3b2c

Post Tue, May 26 2020, 2:56 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
There’s still a full month after shavuos until the summer. Although daycamps are still up in the air I’m hoping that there will be some sort of organized activities for the kids by July. But heaven help us there’s still the month of June. My kids are going off their minds. They have almost nothing from school since they’re too young (preschool). They do mingle with neighbors already (bashers please leave the thread now) and I try to occupy them with some crafts and toys but the day is still way too long. Any survival tactics? I’m losing my mind! Punch

I arrange private group activities if you’re interested. Not sure where you’re located.

Last edited by mommy3b2c on Tue, May 26 2020, 3:42 pm; edited 2 times in total

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 26 2020, 3:00 pm
Can you tell me what you do and where?

amother
Jade

Post Tue, May 26 2020, 3:04 pm
Is anybody else tired just reading that list? What do you do when your energy level isn't up to what you need to do to entertain people? Let's assume that you can't boost the energy level.

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 26 2020, 3:05 pm
amother [ Jade ] wrote:
Is anybody else tired just reading that list? What do you do when your energy level isn't up to what you need to do to entertain people? Let's assume that you can't boost the energy level.

Yup those lists weren’t helpful to me but still appreciate their trying.

Zehava

Post Tue, May 26 2020, 3:28 pm
If they don’t have any in-person classes rent an Airbnb anywhere with a pool and backyard.
No need for Orlando anymore it’s hot all over by June.

Zehava

Post Tue, May 26 2020, 3:29 pm
amother [ Jade ] wrote:

Videos for a bit of a break

mommy3b2c

Post Tue, May 26 2020, 3:41 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Can you tell me what you do and where?

NY/NJ

Art
Gymnastics
Dance
Parkour
Basketball
Football
Baseball
Acting
Special Needs classes
Personal training
Karate

A mixture of any of these. I’m open to new ideas...

avrahamama

Post Tue, May 26 2020, 4:01 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
NY/NJ

Art
Gymnastics
Dance
Parkour
Basketball
Football
Baseball
Acting
Special Needs classes
Personal training
Karate

Parkour sounds so cool.

amother
Ivory

Post Tue, May 26 2020, 4:01 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
NY/NJ

Art
Gymnastics
Dance
Parkour
Basketball
Football
Baseball
Acting
Special Needs classes
Personal training
Karate

Are these running now? Do you have karate for girls? In Brooklyn

mommy3b2c

Post Tue, May 26 2020, 4:09 pm
amother [ Ivory ] wrote:
Are these running now? Do you have karate for girls? In Brooklyn

I do have karate for girls. None of these programs are running as open programs right now because of the lockdown. However, I do have a lot of private programs running. You can pm me for info.

freilich

Post Tue, May 26 2020, 4:39 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
The dog idea certainly made me smile. First smile of the day so I thank you. My kids are afraid of dogs... but thanks. Really what I need is a break from being the one occupying them for the entire day all this time. Im just missing school and routine so much. Crying

You said your kids are mingling already. How about you pair up with a friend or family member. One day you get their kids, the next day she gets yours. Might that work?? OP, I hugged your post. These are such tough times!

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 26 2020, 5:12 pm
I appreciate all suggestions, and mostly for listening. I know we’re all in this together. Let’s hope things get better real quick!

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, May 26 2020, 5:22 pm
Did you ever wonder what people did 50 or 100 years ago? People often had large families. There were pioneers who went West and lived miles and miles from anyone (Little House on the Prairie). There were no electronics, no trampolines, rarely did anyone but the 1% afford cleaning help or nannies.

Yet somehow, people survived.

It's a fact that kids will whine when they are bored. It's also a fact that a child cannot be bored for more than 5 minutes, 10 at the most, before they will find something to do on their own. Kids can entertain themselves for hours with nothing but a mud puddle, some rocks, and a stick.

As a matter of fact, getting bored is extremely healthy for kids. You do not have to be the entertainment director. Kids need to use their imagination with what is already on hand, and figure things out for themselves.

They will whine, but they will find something to do! A little bit of "benign neglect" is a gift you give to your kids. It will open up a whole new world for them, and make them use brain cells they didn't even know they had. They will often amaze you, impress you, and they might even make you cards that say "I luv u mom".

amother
Gray

Post Tue, May 26 2020, 5:26 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
I do have karate for girls. None of these programs are running as open programs right now because of the lockdown. However, I do have a lot of private programs running. You can pm me for info.

Are the private groups done in the clients home only?

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 26 2020, 5:28 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
Did you ever wonder what people did 50 or 100 years ago? People often had large families. There were pioneers who went West and lived miles and miles from anyone (Little House on the Prairie). There were no electronics, no trampolines, rarely did anyone but the 1% afford cleaning help or nannies.

Yet somehow, people survived.

It's a fact that kids will whine when they are bored. It's also a fact that a child cannot be bored for more than 5 minutes, 10 at the most, before they will find something to do on their own. Kids can entertain themselves for hours with nothing but a mud puddle, some rocks, and a stick.

As a matter of fact, getting bored is extremely healthy for kids. You do not have to be the entertainment director. Kids need to use their imagination with what is already on hand, and figure things out for themselves.

They will whine, but they will find something to do! A little bit of "benign neglect" is a gift you give to your kids. It will open up a whole new world for them, and make them use brain cells they didn't even know they had. They will often amaze you, impress you, and they might even make you cards that say "I luv u mom".

Yup. My mom always says they had no daycamps in her days and her summers were always the opposite of boring. I guess we’re spoiled and just used to having a few hours break every day.
But saying that people are starving in Africa wont help when we don’t like dinner.
I know it’s not a tzara to have healthy kids home and bored. I KNOW IT ALL BUT WILL YOU KINDLY REOPEN THE SCHOOLS? Banging head
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics