Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Ds violent

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 6:39 pm
It's been a few times which ds 11 gets phisicly aggressive with me . If something doesnt go his way , he starts squeezing or pinching me in my hands and kicks my foot .

Now he wanted to go with his friends to the grocery to get a drink, he wanted to use my cc which wasnt possible to give it now , I offered him a little cash which he threw back to me me , and he got so angry he went physical. It's not his first nor second time he does this. What's my next step yo be???

amother
Scarlet

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 7:15 pm
Do you or your husband use physical punishment? If so, you need to stop because you are showing it's ok. You need a parenting expert to learn how to set limits and boundaries. He needs a consequence but I'm wondering if he'll get angry and physical.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 7:19 pm
No we dont

Stars

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 7:22 pm
Check him for strep

amother
Tan

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 7:30 pm
Read the explosive child.
Send him to a competent child psychologist.

notshanarishona

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 7:32 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
It's been a few times which ds 11 gets phisicly aggressive with me . If something doesnt go his way , he starts squeezing or pinching me in my hands and kicks my foot .

Now he wanted to go with his friends to the grocery to get a drink, he wanted to use my cc which wasnt possible to give it now , I offered him a little cash which he threw back to me me , and he got so angry he went physical. It's not his first nor second time he does this. What's my next step yo be???

He should be getting therapy and you/ your husband should be working with someone on how to discipline him. Hitting a parent is never ok- past like the age of 2.

Ora in town

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 7:38 pm
I'm so sorry to hear that.

amother
Olive

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 8:11 pm
Stars wrote:
Check him for strep
this. This is a symptom of brain inflammation. When my kids start getting aggressive I know we have strep in the house.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children