Home

Assemblyman Simcha Eichenstein, youre doing the right thing!

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries


View latest: 24h 48h 72h


amother




OP
 

Post  Thu, Jun 04 2020, 9:49 pm


No one is supporting the rioting and looting, but we should all, even the Jews of BP and Williamsburg, be supporting equality for all, PUBLICLY!

Would you hang a sign in front of your house?

Id consider doing it, but Im hesitant because kids may rip it up.

I guess if Id put it in my window, no one could reach it, but I want to see others do it first (Imas, please dont mock that).

Even though Floyd was a criminal, he shouldnt have been killed that way.

Are you ready to show compassion for a human being wronged badly?
Back to top

amother




Tangerine
 

Post  Thu, Jun 04 2020, 9:53 pm
I agree!
Back to top

elisheva25




 
 
 
 

Post  Thu, Jun 04 2020, 10:29 pm
Sorry I disagree
Back to top

amother




Lilac
 

Post  Thu, Jun 04 2020, 10:38 pm
They are blaming Jews and Israel for the murder of George Floyd, why would anyone want to march with them? https://www.algemeiner.com/202.....C2rhU
Back to top

mom4eva




 
 
 
 

Post  Thu, Jun 04 2020, 10:38 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:


No one is supporting the rioting and looting, but we should all, even the Jews of BP and Williamsburg, be supporting equality for all, PUBLICLY!

Would you hang a sign in front of your house?

Id consider doing it, but Im hesitant because kids may rip it up.

I guess if Id put it in my window, no one could reach it, but I want to see others do it first (Imas, please dont mock that).

Even though Floyd was a criminal, he shouldnt have been killed that way.

Are you ready to show compassion for a human being wronged badly?


I don’t understand. All the officers involved in this act of police brutality are currently in custody and facing lengthy prison sentences if convicted. Is that not justice. The fact that this is the case proves that there no inequality. A few bad People did a bad thing and are going to pay the price. What else is there to it???
Back to top

amother




Gold
 

Post  Thu, Jun 04 2020, 10:42 pm
mom4eva wrote:
I don’t understand. All the officers involved in this act of police brutality are currently in custody and facing lengthy prison sentences if convicted. Is that not justice. The fact that this is the case proves that there no inequality. A few bad People did a bad thing and are going to pay the price. What else is there to it???


Figure out why it happened in the first place - and make changes to stop it from happening again.
Back to top

amother




Blue
 

Post  Thu, Jun 04 2020, 11:57 pm
I held up a BLM sign at my window when a protest group marched by.

I don't think anyone could see it from several floors up.
Back to top

Zehava




 
 
 
 

Post  Fri, Jun 05 2020, 12:01 am
If I was going to put a picture up I’d put up the pics of the Jersey city victims.
Not a pic of a violent criminal.
Back to top

amother




Aqua
 

Post  Fri, Jun 05 2020, 12:03 am
amother [ Gold ] wrote:
Figure out why it happened in the first place

We know why. An arresting officer ignored the pleas of a proven criminal that he can't breathe and he died.

amother [ Gold ] wrote:
- and make changes to stop it from happening again.


Looting Tiffany's isn't going to change that. It's just going to make the next officer assume the criminal is lying to get him off his neck.

How many black people came out publicly against the Chanuka shooting? If you had to start listing them THAT'S TOO FEW.
Back to top

amother




Babyblue
 

Post  Fri, Jun 05 2020, 12:09 am
amother [ Gold ] wrote:
Figure out why it happened in the first place - and make changes to stop it from happening again.

It happened because police tend to think they are above the law. NOT because of racism. Is looting and rioting the way to change police corruption and brutality, or would there be a more intelligent way to address it?
Honestly, I think the riots have a lot more to do with coronavirus shutdowns and the current ridiculously extreme political climate than with any sort of logical attempt to change things.
Back to top

amother




Gold
 

Post  Fri, Jun 05 2020, 12:12 am
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:
Looting Tiffany's isn't going to change that. It's just going to make the next officer assume the criminal is lying to get him off his neck.

How many black people came out publicly against the Chanuka shooting? If you had to start listing them THAT'S TOO FEW.


Okay. Not sure how this relates to what I wrote.


Its rather common that after something really crappy happens - there is a review of why it happened and new safeguards put it to deter it from happening again.
Back to top

amother




Green
 

Post  Fri, Jun 05 2020, 12:12 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:


No one is supporting the rioting and looting, but we should all, even the Jews of BP and Williamsburg, be supporting equality for all, PUBLICLY!

Would you hang a sign in front of your house?

Id consider doing it, but Im hesitant because kids may rip it up.

I guess if Id put it in my window, no one could reach it, but I want to see others do it first (Imas, please dont mock that).

Even though Floyd was a criminal, he shouldnt have been killed that way.

Are you ready to show compassion for a human being wronged badly?


I think the “justice for George” calls are Disingenuous (he is getting justice), and the calls to join the protests are sheer pandering and trying to get the rest of the world to love us, kind of like when the leftists in Israel cozy up to the arabs. George already is getting justice; the officers have been charged and will no doubt all be convicted, probably of stronger charges than they should be, all because of the pressure, the rioting, the threats, the intimidation from the protesters.
Back to top

amother




Olive
 

Post  Fri, Jun 05 2020, 12:24 am
Zehava wrote:
If I was going to put a picture up I’d put up the pics of the Jersey city victims.
Not a pic of a violent criminal.

Exactly, where was he then?
Back to top

amother




Cobalt
 

Post  Fri, Jun 05 2020, 1:51 am
Yea, NO I'm not a sheep! Sorry

#trending
Back to top

DrMom




 
 
 
 

Post  Fri, Jun 05 2020, 1:56 am
I don't live in NYC, but -- as much as I think this was a case of police brutality, and as much as I agree that police brutality is obviously a bad thing -- considering all the shady groups glomming onto these protests, I would be hesitant to publicly affiliate with them in any way.
Back to top

Mevater




 
 
 
 

Post  Sat, Jun 06 2020, 10:13 pm
Do most think Simcha Eichenstein represents citizens who mostly dont feel the way he says he does, that its a good deed, and helpful for race-relations, to show compassion p e a c e f u l l y, by hanging a sign, and hes only hanging the sign because hes a politician, to make his fellow Democratic politicians look kindly on him?
Back to top
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Anyone doing SEIT this summer? 4 Today at 12:09 pm View last post
Best thing that happened to you...
by amother
22 Today at 11:41 am View last post
Shoes you’re loving right now.
by amother
22 Today at 12:08 am View last post
Any Queens yeshivas doing summer meals/boxes?
by amother
0 Wed, Jul 01 2020, 3:25 pm View last post
What are you doing as a family nowadays?
by amother
14 Mon, Jun 29 2020, 10:19 am View last post

Jump to: