Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
How could the world fall for the false BLM narrative?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

elisheva25

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 11:11 am
As painful as it is to watch, this is the plan that HaShem has for USA.

southernbubby

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 11:21 am
groisamomma wrote:
It's just a fancy name for extortion.

People also vote with their wallets and certainly there are some companies that are not kowtowing to BLM.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 11:22 am
elisheva25 wrote:
As painful as it is to watch, this is the plan that HaShem has for USA.

Sadly, it feels like Nazi Germany.

DrMom

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 11:47 am
amother [ Saddlebrown ] wrote:
Dismantle is radical. Defund is reasonable. Collaborative approaches.

What does this mean?

And how is it reasonable to defund the police?

yksraya

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 11:57 am
CiCi wrote:
There are black cops that are racist against whites, there are cops that are racist against Latinos and other minorities, and there are anti-Semitic cops.

The reason we don't get killed is because we don't put ourselves in situations that could get us killed. But there are plenty of whites, more than blacks, that get killed by police.

The ridiculous thing about the supposed racism against blacks by police is that there is a huge percentage of cops that are black. Not just a small minority, but to me it appears that 30-40% of cops are black, especially in cities inhabited by large black populations which is where most of the black people get killed by the police.

Shouldn't we Jews start riots because of all the hate we have from the black community? There's way more hate towards us from the black community than hate some individual police officers have towards blacks.

I do not agree with rioting. Same way that I do not agree at turning a blind eye to hate crimes.

I do agree there is far more antisemitism then any other forms of racism. We all know esuv sona l'yakov.

But we have a torah that guides us. We have our pride and preseverance. We have a niyzchiyus. We don't stoop low and riot. We know better.

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 12:23 pm
Democrats are currently doing the most harm to black communities by advocating for open borders. Illegal immigrants depress black wages and raise the cost of black housing. Every illegal immigrant who gets a public housing unit deprives our citizens of one.

Defund illegal immigrants and shift the money for a collaborative funding for American black clearence.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 12:30 pm
DrMom wrote:
What does this mean?

And how is it reasonable to defund the police?

Defund as I've seen it being used in this context means to reduce funds allocated to Police Departments. Unless there was also a decrease in revenue projections - this would also mean reallocating the funds elsewhere.

Collaborative means working with together with professionals on front lines.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 12:37 pm
Squishy wrote:
Democrats are currently doing the most harm to black communities by advocating for open borders. Illegal immigrants depress black wages and raise the cost of black housing. Every illegal immigrant who gets a public housing unit deprives our citizens of one.

Defund illegal immigrants and shift the money for a collaborative funding for American black clearence.

What is American black clearence?

Amarante

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 12:40 pm
No one is suggesting that police aren't necessary.

However some funds that are currently used by police would be used in smarter ways. For example, police are ill equipped to deal with the chronic issues of homelessness and mental disease. Funds for addiction rehabilitation instead of jailing addicts.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 12:42 pm
Amarante wrote:

However some funds that are currently used by police would be used in smarter ways. For example, police are ill equipped to deal with the chronic issues of homelessness and mental disease. Funds for addiction rehabilitation instead of jailing addicts.

Not "no one"... there are "disband the police" voices. But they are fringe (for now).

flowerpower

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 12:44 pm
This whole movement is also to get them to vote for Biden. Like Biden himself said- “If you don’t vote for me then you’re not black”

Amarante

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 12:45 pm
Not "no one"... there are "disband the police" voices. But they are fringe (for now).

I don't take small fringe elements seriously in terms of a debate over police. I know people who participated in various BLM protests this week and NONE of them believe that there should be no police force at all. I haven't read any serious analysis in which this has been suggested - it is a question of police reform as well as smarter allocation of money.

It's not very different than no one except lunatic fringe groups believing there can be complete disarmament which is quite different than believing that defense funds can be allocated in wiser ways INCLUDING human relief money which can stabilize areas and thus lessen the risk of armed intervention and threats.

Amarante

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 12:47 pm
flowerpower wrote:
This whole movement is also to get them to vote for Biden. Like Biden himself said- “If you don’t vote for me then you’re not black”

Do you seriously believe that a vast movement of people was somehow mobilized by "someone" as a way to get a single candidate elected. Banging head Banging head

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 12:56 pm

The Jewish Mayor of Minneappolis was booted out of a protest because he refuses to dismantle the police department. https://thehill.com/homenews/s.....ys-he

The mayor of NYC is now saying that he will defund the NYPD (which will presumably not be enough for the protestors so they will continue to protest til they get what they want). https://www.amny.com/politics/.....when/

And if you think that this is going to social services to help the mental ill, think again. Deblasio's wife can't account for staggering amount of taxpayer money that the NY Mayor gave her for mental health project so what is she going to do with the money she gets now that was supposed to go to the NYPD? https://www.dailymail.co.uk/ne......html

Mommyg8

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 12:59 pm
groisamomma wrote:
It's just a fancy name for extortion.

Blackmailing and bullying to get their way.

Unfortunately bullies and extortionists often win in real life.

Fox

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 1:46 pm
Amarante wrote:

Nobody would be happier than police to shift the problems of mental illness and addiction elsewhere. But like so many good ideas, this one hits its head on the lintel that is both history and logic.

Legally, adults may not be treated without their consent. Nor may they be detained unless they pose an immediate threat to themselves or others -- a 48-72 hour hold in most states.

So we're not just looking at shifting resources; we're looking at an overhaul of how we treat mental illness legally.

So let's assume we do that -- that we create the facilities and infrastructure to house and supervise the seriously mentally ill. Those institutions will be subject to abuses as well. That was why they were closed in the 1970s.

I don't think anyone is opposed to doing a better job with the mentally ill or those with addictions. But the idea that a schizophrenic off his meds will meekly surrender to a social worker and agree to live in a supervised setting is just ludicrous.

It's a lovely idea, but the devil is in the details, and so far, no one has shown how such a reallocation of resources would work.

Cheiny

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 1:48 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wsj.com/amp/articles/the-myth-of-systemic-police-racism-11591119883

What am I missing? The clear facts show that there is no racist police brutality. How could the entire America fall for the false BLM narrative that is being perpetuated by the protesters and liberal voices?

Because a lie repeated often enough starts to be believed. And people who are not very intelligent, and are impressionable, will believe the lies their leaders and the complicit news sources tell them. Just look at what Al Sharpton had to say at the memorial for Floyd. He blamed all failure of the black community on “those who’ve been standing on our necks” for 400 years.
I think a good solution would be to just have black police officers in black neighborhoods. That way if there’s any problem with the police, they can’t scream racism.

avrahamama

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 1:57 pm
Fox wrote:
Nobody would be happier than police to shift the problems of mental illness and addiction elsewhere. But like so many good ideas, this one hits its head on the lintel that is both history and logic.

Legally, adults may not be treated without their consent. Nor may they be detained unless they pose an immediate threat to themselves or others -- a 48-72 hour hold in most states.

So we're not just looking at shifting resources; we're looking at an overhaul of how we treat mental illness legally.

So let's assume we do that -- that we create the facilities and infrastructure to house and supervise the seriously mentally ill. Those institutions will be subject to abuses as well. That was why they were closed in the 1970s.

I don't think anyone is opposed to doing a better job with the mentally ill or those with addictions. But the idea that a schizophrenic off his meds will meekly surrender to a social worker and agree to live in a supervised setting is just ludicrous.

It's a lovely idea, but the devil is in the details, and so far, no one has shown how such a reallocation of resources would work.

This is exactly what I'm trying to understand! Social workers seem to rely on policing. Getting people out of dangerous situations requires the assistance of law enforcement.

But aside from that.

Relying on social services to maintain public safety and order can get people only so far.

I'm really curious how unsafe people in these neighborhoods feel at the hands or police vs their own community members.

#BestBubby

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 4:12 pm
Squishy wrote:

THIS!

Trump has helped African Americans more than any Democrat - by restricting illegal immigration, cutting taxes and regulations he has created lowest black unemployment in history!

#BestBubby

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 4:32 pm
I think this "Defund the Police" is going to be one (of many reasons) why the Democrats will
lose in a landslide in November.

It is insane. Even African Americans (ESPECIALLY African Americans) know they need
police or there will be looting, murder, robbery 24/7.

Big blunder - but good for Trump and Republicans.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics