Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Jackson and TR residents, please help!
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 12 2020, 3:31 pm
My sister wanted to buy in Brooklyn but the prices are insane for small, pretty gross houses. She is starting to consider TR or Jackson but knows nothing about the areas.

She is looking for a neighborhood where the couples are young, like the wives are ages 23-28 range or so, and she is a "Flatbush-y" kind of girl, and on the cooler side--like she shows some hair in the front, short skirts, no tights, dresses trendy, dresses kids in expensive cute clothes, etc. She went to a pretty regular "bais yaakov" type school and is frum, just on the cooler side.

I was wondering what neighborhoods would fit the bill for her. Any ideas?

amother
Mustard

Post Fri, Jun 12 2020, 3:41 pm
My neighborhood in TR is full of chassidish people, older and younger. I live off of north maple and I don’t see many people like you describe down my little neck of the woods. I live pretty close to Belz though. Maybe further into TR? I know nothing about the demographics in Jackson.

amother
Seagreen

Post Fri, Jun 12 2020, 3:42 pm
I have a sister exactly like this. She is looking in TR in the woodlands/ grand river area. Her realtor is yosef jankelowitz (imperial)

amother
Cerise

Post Fri, Jun 12 2020, 3:43 pm
I don’t know any specific areas in Jackson like that, but there are individuals like that in random neighborhoods. However I’m ten+ years older so she might not want those areas anyway. Would she consider Lakewood? The chestnut area in Lakewood is that type.

amother
Red

Post Fri, Jun 12 2020, 3:58 pm
amother [ Mustard ] wrote:
My neighborhood in TR is full of chassidish people, older and younger. I live off of north maple and I don’t see many people like you describe down my little neck of the woods. I live pretty close to Belz though. Maybe further into TR? I know nothing about the demographics in Jackson.

I live a bit further south and yeah North Maple area is definitely more chassidish although there are different types there too.
Further down in the Wililkinson/Fox Hollow might be younger and a bit more modern types.
I also think (I'm not sure) that the neighborhoods on the other side of the 9 -Whitesville area may also suit her.
Her best bet is to talk to a realtor first, get neighborhood names and then come here and ask more specific information.
We used Blimi Meisels (Imperial) and she was phenomenal. Any questions we had she right away got answers for us. Anything we needed taken care of, she did. She went beyond just being a broker. She would also tell us honestly if she felt a house wasn't a good deal or if an area wasn't for us. I definitely recommend her.

amother
Red

Post Fri, Jun 12 2020, 4:08 pm
Also good to be aware of, there's a different expectation regarding using realtors here in NJ which we weren't aware of initially.
We were coming from Brooklyn where you have zero obligation to the random realtor who showed you the house. Find a house on Zillow or Hamodia, go check it out with the one that was showing it and the next day you check out a different house with a different broker showing it.
In NJ you pretty much use one agent and all houses you want to see you go through her. (I don't think it's mandatory but that's the culture here). It's also a better way since the broker really gets to know you and your needs and advocates well for you to the seller.

amother
Khaki

Post Fri, Jun 12 2020, 5:27 pm

I live here also. Right off North Maple between New Hampshire & Vermont and see plenty of people like this living here...am I missing something?

amother
Red

Post Fri, Jun 12 2020, 5:55 pm
amother [ Khaki ] wrote:
I live here also. Right off North Maple between New Hampshire & Vermont and see plenty of people like this living here...am I missing something?

Right that's why I said there are all types. But I've also seen a lot of chassidish dressed people- covered wigs, even some vasse zuken in that area.
The further south you go the less chassidish it gets (from what you can tell outwardly by mode of dress).

amother
Mustard

Post Fri, Jun 12 2020, 6:03 pm
amother [ Khaki ] wrote:

Maybe I just don’t know as many people as you? I live in the same area you delineated, but I see a lot of chassidish people.

amother
Red

Post Fri, Jun 12 2020, 6:20 pm
I find that this area of Toms River (between the 9 and New Hampshire, Old Freehold) in general is a big mix of ages. I don't think there's one specific area that's only young ones. Maybe Hickory Pines? But that's very chassidish.
Most blocks will have a range of young with 1-2 kids to older and married off all their kids.

amother
Khaki

Post Fri, Jun 12 2020, 7:04 pm
amother [ Red ] wrote:
Right that's why I said there are all types. But I've also seen a lot of chassidish dressed people- covered wigs, even some vasse zuken in that area.
The further south you go the less chassidish it gets (from what you can tell outwardly by mode of dress).

Wait...I see plenty of chassidish looking, no doubt...buy plenty of regular litvish as well. Plenty who dress the way that Op describes.. maybe we agree?

amother
Khaki

Post Fri, Jun 12 2020, 7:05 pm
Maybe I just don’t know as many people as you? I live in the same area you delineated, but I see a lot of chassidish people.

I do to! But I also see lots of litvish. That's R'Turin shul crowd and half of R' Sekulah shul..no?

amother
Khaki

Post Fri, Jun 12 2020, 7:06 pm
amother [ Red ] wrote:
I find that this area of Toms River (between the 9 and New Hampshire, Old Freehold) in general is a big mix of ages. I don't think there's one specific area that's only young ones. Maybe Hickory Pines? But that's very chassidish.
Most blocks will have a range of young with 1-2 kids to older and married off all their kids.

Definitely a big mix of all ages and all types

amother
Wheat

Post Fri, Jun 12 2020, 7:13 pm
Check out tallymawr in Tom's river. Plenty of people her age and type there

keym

Post Fri, Jun 12 2020, 7:56 pm
Not to be a broken record, but I need to make sure it's said.
If your sister has kids over 4, MAKE SURE NOT TO BUY OR MOVE UNLESS THE KIDS HAVE SCHOOLS!!!!!!
TR and Jackson both are based out of Lakewood, educational wise. There are no specific community schools for TR and Jackson and you'll need to get in somewhere in Lakewood.

amother
Jetblack

Post Sat, Jun 13 2020, 11:01 pm
Why doesn't she just move to the 5 towns? Are the prices there also high?

amother
Cerise

Post Sat, Jun 13 2020, 11:02 pm
j123 wrote:
Why doesn't she just move to the 5 towns?

Maybe because houses there are three times the price.

amother
Jetblack

Post Sat, Jun 13 2020, 11:04 pm
amother [ Cerise ] wrote:
Maybe because houses there are three times the price.

Sorry that was part of my question I edited it.

amother
Yellow

Post Sat, Jun 13 2020, 11:11 pm
Toms River has some neighborhoods that she would fit into. Basically anywhere in TR except chassidish areas. The problem is there aren’t too many schools for that crowd even though that crowd is growing. So she should probably figure out schools beforehand.

amother
Wine

Post Sat, Jun 13 2020, 11:26 pm
Stacy court and pitney street in Jackson.

There are a few houses going up for sale on those 2 blocks but I heard there are a lot of bidding wars going on.

Do you know about what price range she is looking for?
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries