Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Jackson and TR residents, please help!
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Yellow

Post Sat, Jun 13 2020, 11:49 pm
If she’s looking to spend less (or get more for her money), then Toms River for sure over Jackson. I bought a small house in Jackson and I could’ve bought a nice big colonial in TR for almost the same price. I did this because I specifically wanted a more yeshivish/simpler crowd. There is also a less yeshivish crowd in Jackson and I don’t understand why they would come here and pay more than TR (not to mention TR is great location for many working husband’s- it’s right near Lakewood’s big industrial park)

monkey

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 12:07 am
amother [ Yellow ] wrote:
If she’s looking to spend less (or get more for her money), then Toms River for sure over Jackson. I bought a small house in Jackson and I could’ve bought a nice big colonial in TR for almost the same price. I did this because I specifically wanted a more yeshivish/simpler crowd. There is also a less yeshivish crowd in Jackson and I don’t understand why they would come here and pay more than TR (not to mention TR is great location for many working husband’s- it’s right near Lakewood’s big industrial park)

True that You most probably can get more for your money in TR vs Jackson but A lot of people choose Jackson because of the geographic location (walking distance into Lakewood from most areas).
This holds true for the areas on the Lakewood/Jackson boarder (ie East veterans area, pitney/Stacy area, white road, new central, Clearstream areas etc

amother
Yellow

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 12:10 am
monkey wrote:
True that You most probably can get more for your money in TR vs Jackson but A lot of people choose Jackson because of the geographic location (walking distance into Lakewood from most areas).
This holds true for the areas on the Lakewood/Jackson boarder (ie East veterans area, pitney/Stacy area, white road, new central, Clearstream areas etc

I hear that. I don’t live in that part but makes sense.

amother
Silver

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 12:11 am
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
Stacy court and pitney street in Jackson.

There are a few houses going up for sale on those 2 blocks but I heard there are a lot of bidding wars going on.

Do you know about what price range she is looking for?

I'm not sure about Stacy but Pitney is not for someone bais yaakov but "more chilled." It skews more yeshivish

amother
Wine

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 12:21 am
amother [ Silver ] wrote:
I'm not sure about Stacy but Pitney is not for someone bais yaakov but "more chilled." It skews more yeshivish

Pitney street crowd is slowly changing and Is different than the crowd on Danielle which is the street attached to it.

We have friends on Stacy court and it sounds like what your sister is looking for.

There is also meadow run but I think it’s more mid 30s-high 30s range.

Also brewers bridge and south cooks area like Bridgewater, spectrum, bear trail.

Best would really be to speak to a realtor in the TR and Jackson areas

amother
Cerise

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 12:22 am
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
Pitney street crowd is slowly changing and Is different than the crowd on Danielle which is the street attached to it.

We have friends on Stacy court and it sounds like what your sister is looking for.

Also brewers bridge and south cooks area like Bridgewater, spectrum, bear trail.

Most of the areas you mention are older than 20s.

amother
Silver

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 12:31 am
amother [ Wine ] wrote:

Also brewers bridge and south cooks area like Bridgewater, spectrum, bear trail

Little to nothing available right now on these blocks and besides for spectrum houses are priced higher than in some parts of Tom's River.

amother
Silver

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 12:36 am
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
Stacy court and pitney street in Jackson.

There are a few houses going up for sale on those 2 blocks but I heard there are a lot of bidding wars going on.

Do you know about what price range she is looking for?

Again, Pitney is not really short skirts no tights crowd. Nothing against it in my book but just trying to be helpful. Meadow run sounds right type wise but it's definitely older... Maybe she should look at Grand River in Tom's River?

amother
Oak

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 12:41 am
How about Staten Island?
I think regular Lakewood would be good too...

cnc

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 12:53 am
OOC- where does she plan on sending her children to school?
The one school that catered to a similar crowd closed down , and some students need to travel to school...

amother
Jetblack

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 12:56 am
cnc wrote:
The one school that catered to a similar crowd closed down , and some students need to travel to school...

What's OOC?

amother
Cerise

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 1:09 am
cnc wrote:

Bais Yaakov of Ocean County opened up for those girls. So she can send there.

amother
Turquoise

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 1:32 am
amother [ Silver ] wrote:
Again, Pitney is not really short skirts no tights crowd. Nothing against it in my book but just trying to be helpful. Meadow run sounds right type wise but it's definitely older... Maybe she should look at Grand River in Tom's River?

I live in the Grande Woodlands/Liberty Village area definitely more frum yeshivish BY type but openminded. Don't think she wld fit in that area. I used Perri Goodman. She was awesome!!

naturalmom5

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 1:41 am
keym wrote:
Not to be a broken record, but I need to make sure it's said.
If your sister has kids over 4, MAKE SURE NOT TO BUY OR MOVE UNLESS THE KIDS HAVE SCHOOLS!!!!!!
TR and Jackson both are based out of Lakewood, educational wise. There are no specific community schools for TR and Jackson and you'll need to get in somewhere in Lakewood.

At least now for the 2020/21 year there will ;e direct buses from TR to Shalom Manalpan and Shalom T Rivers

These are very nice schools .. Very good education without the Lakewood politics

mommy2x

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 2:04 am
Tom's River: The Landings, Grande River, Grande Woodlands, Liberty Village, Weatherly, Tallymawr, Walden Woods

amother
Lawngreen

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 1:34 pm
I also live in the grande woodlands area and feel like its more yeshivish than what you described.

amother
Linen

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 9:43 pm
amother [ Lawngreen ] wrote:
I also live in the grande woodlands area and feel like its more yeshivish than what you described.

I think grande River sounds like a good fit. And there are definitely schools in Lakewood that sound like a good fit. The types of schools that people from there send to. There are a few. May be hard to get into, I have no idea

amother
Maroon

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 1:10 am
Tallymwar is so not that type either... Probably 2 people who don't wear stockings sometimes and they feel odd doing it. I know first hand. Very Brooklyn yeshiva families and Lakewood families. Although if she's flexible and doesn't mind being different it's a welcoming community.

amother
Jetblack

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 2:05 am
I think the op is not looking at these posts just FYI. You can continue having a conversation amongst yourselves, I don't think she replied to any.

amother
Maroon

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 8:49 am
amother [ Jetblack ] wrote:
I think the op is not looking at these posts just FYI. You can continue having a conversation amongst yourselves, I don't think she replied to any.

That doesn't mean she's not looking at them... 🤦‍♀️
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries