Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
No phones around pool!! Warning!!

thegiver

Post Sat, Jun 13 2020, 8:00 pm
It only takes a child 25 seconds to start drowning and it is not obvious. It's very quiet and sometimes not easy to see. (I.e. checking one text, running inside for one second to help another kid). Take smalls kids with you and don't count on others to watch them.

Pls keep your kids safe this summer. I once saw a kid who was a good swimmer calling for help but no one noticed that she was struggling to stay afloat. She was even calling her older sister who was standing right next to her. Boruch Hashem I saw her!! Chasdei Hashem!

happy chick

Post Sat, Jun 13 2020, 8:03 pm
Yes! Yes! Yes!
My in-laws have a pool and whenever we visit them, I sleep w one eye open . I literally have nightmares.
And this not from trauma. Bh, never had any scary personal experiences.

groisamomma

Post Sat, Jun 13 2020, 8:06 pm
I think responsible pool owners should install a phone at the pool. People in Lakewood rent out their pools and cell reception isn't the best here.

seeker

Post Sat, Jun 13 2020, 10:20 pm
Yes, I think we're talking about two things:
1. Yes reliable connected phone in case emergency services need to be contacted
2. No distracting (or "nah I won't be distracted") cell phone use by people who are responsible for supervising those using the pool

silverlining3

Post Sat, Jun 13 2020, 10:25 pm
Phones is definitely a distraction but so is schmoozing. I watched a little girl going from sitting on the steps to floating in the water. At first it looked like she went for a swim when suddenly I saw her splashing, trying to come back up. I jumped in and caught her. She spat alot of water. The mom was NOT far from her on the pools ledge schmoozing! When you bring little kids to the pool, PLEASE HAVE OPEN EYES ALL THE TIME!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics