Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
13 yr old daughter bothered by hair down there...
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 11:14 am
My 13 year old daughter is telling me her hair down there is bothering her. Now I remember when I was her age or older I cut it and was awful and I never did it again. Any suggestions to make it more comfortable for her down there? I am not sure who to even ask this so I'm starting here... thanks!

amother
Smokey

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 11:24 am
By "cut it," did you mean that you shaved or waxed? Either way, she could actually just trim it. That shouldn't give her any issues and hopefully will keep her from being bothered by it. Just keep it short and neat with a bikini trimmer, like the $13 from Schick. Or get the $20 Panasonic wet/dry shaver and use an anti-bump lotion after.

Elfrida

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 11:28 am
I used to trim. With a pair of scissors. It kept it short enough not to be too scratchy. When it is growing in it is very uncomfortable and itchy on skin that is not used to it. After a while the skin toughens up, and it becomes easier to ignore.

amother
Cerulean

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 11:29 am
In what way is it bothering her - physically or emotionally?

Unless things are a wild bush which is unlikely in a 13 year old, there really isn't any physical discomfort but it is an adjustment as many puberty transformations are.

Honestly the most "comfortable" thing is to let it be. Does she want it all gone - just the parts that protrude from panties?

amother
Puce

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 11:34 am
I used to shave it. The day I started shaving my legs and pits was the same day I started shaving my pubic hair. I thought it was standard until I came onto this website lolololol!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 11:41 am
she said its bothering her physically shes has it long enough that emotionally she gets it (I seem to think so) I must of cut mine to short as a kid and it was prickly and very very uncomfortable and I don't want her to make that mistake again so trying to figure out what her options are....I feel if she plays with cutting then I will have her even more upset when its uncomfortable

amother
Cerulean

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 11:43 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
she said its bothering her physically shes has it long enough that emotionally she gets it (I seem to think so) I must of cut mine to short as a kid and it was prickly and very very uncomfortable and I don't want her to make that mistake again so trying to figure out what her options are....I feel if she plays with cutting then I will have her even more upset when its uncomfortable

The stubble is scratchy when it grows in if that is what you mean.

There are depilatory creams which are intended for the bikini area which might produce a better result. I would of course do a patch test first and make sure that it is the formula for the bikini area.

amother
cornflower

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 11:53 am
If she trims it short it will be somewhat prickly if she touches it, but it should not feel itchy at all the way it does when growing in from shaving or waxing. I use a men's beard trimmer and it's very quick and painless.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 12:11 pm
amother [ Cerulean ] wrote:

There are depilatory creams which are intended for the bikini area which might produce a better result. I would of course do a patch test first and make sure that it is the formula for the bikini area.

its to soften the hair or get rid of the hair?

isnt this something that will just get softer with time and better not to touch it?

amother
Powderblue

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 1:37 pm
amother [ Cerulean ] wrote:

Any recommendations for creams?
OP, I had my DD try just a bit with a trimmer to see how she feels about the itchiness afterwards. Then she can decide how to proceed. (She hasn't decided yet, lol, but isn't complaining about itchiness.)

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 1:40 pm
amother [ Powderblue ] wrote:
Any recommendations for creams?
OP, I had my DD try just a bit with a trimmer to see how she feels about the itchiness afterwards. Then she can decide how to proceed. (She hasn't decided yet, lol, but isn't complaining about itchiness.)

I really don't want to start with a trimmer down there....but if anyone has any suggestions for creams to soften the area I wud be very interested

amother
Puce

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 2:06 pm
Nair makes an excellent one with aloe.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 2:18 pm
Nair can burn. She's really too young to be messing with it.

Maybe instead of implying that there's something wrong with hair, tell her how beautiful she is and it's amazing how puberty works and be proud in your femininity.

We all drive ourselves crazy for no reason. She'll have all the time in the world when she's older to cater to men's preferences.

amother
Burgundy

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 2:24 pm
amother [ Floralwhite ] wrote:

Maybe instead of implying that there's something wrong with hair, tell her how beautiful she is and it's amazing how puberty works and be proud in your femininity.

We all drive ourselves crazy for no reason. She'll have all the time in the world when she's older to cater to men's preferences.

Wanting to avoid physical discomfort is not about men's preferences.

amother
Puce

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 3:10 pm

OP try the nair with aloe. It usually doesn't burn. Do a patch test before you go all in.
And btw nothing to do with men. I started shaving it completely (until I discovered laser) when I was 13 because I thought it goes when the leg hair and armpit hair goes. It made so much sense to me. OPs daughter in uncomfortable. Where do you see her posting about her daughter's boyfriend's preferences, exactly?

amother
Oak

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 3:15 pm

Totally disagree!! she should get used to it so she wont think her husband is a pain in the a-- I know someone that had to go to therapy to understand why her husband wanted her to be clean.She was simply to lazy and never did it before she got married.

amother
Papaya

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 3:36 pm
Let her get a waxing. It grows in thinner and isn’t uncomfortable when it grows in. And when she’s old enough let her do laser....

amother
cornflower

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 3:37 pm

I find pubic hair annoying and makes me more sweaty. Unrelated to anyone else's preferences, male or female. Maybe instead of implying that there's something wrong with her for feeling discomfort, just help her when she asks for help! Good for op for trying to help.

1ofbillions

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 4:51 pm
amother [ Oak ] wrote:
Totally disagree!! she should get used to it so she wont think her husband is a pain in the a-- I know someone that had to go to therapy to understand why her husband wanted her to be clean.She was simply to lazy and never did it before she got married.

Women don’t need their pubic hair removed to be clean, the same way men don’t. Pubic hair is evidence of maturity - it is somewhat pedophilic to not want it. IMO if not for por-n getting men used to hairless women, many more men would find pubic hair to be a turn on.

Regardless, it is NOT lazy for a woman to keep her pubic hair natural. Who do you think you are to judge like that?

amother
Apricot

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 4:57 pm
I started shaving from the time mine grew in until today! I did try creams and waxing, but it was too painful.

I have one major shaving day a week where I do legs, armpits, everything. It has always been a regular part of my hygiene and I am ready to go swimming at a moments notice!

No one needs to shave, but some of us are just more inclined in that direction to feel fresh and clean. To each their own.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children