Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Florida

notshanarishona

Post Wed, Jun 17 2020, 3:58 pm
Interesting that their have been no posts about the huge spike in Coronavirus cases in Florida and (1) people are still traveling there for vacation now which makes no sense (2) it’s not making the news like Ny did. Any mothers from Florida here? My grandmother and other elderly relatives are all in strict isolation but curious to hear from people who live there if you feel safe with the whole reopening.

amother
Lavender

Post Wed, Jun 17 2020, 4:12 pm
BH it is not affecting the frum community much. I am not sending my kids to camp and we are taking every precaution. Have not gotten together with friends, always wear masks when need to be near anyone, don't go shopping.

amother
Chocolate

Post Wed, Jun 17 2020, 5:14 pm
notshanarishona wrote:
Interesting that their have been no posts about the huge spike in Coronavirus cases in Florida and (1) people are still traveling there for vacation now which makes no sense (2) it’s not making the news like Ny did. Any mothers from Florida here? My grandmother and other elderly relatives are all in strict isolation but curious to hear from people who live there if you feel safe with the whole reopening.

My mom hasn't left her apartment in months. Needless to say ,she missed pesach and my daughters graduation in NY

amother
Wheat

Post Wed, Jun 17 2020, 5:19 pm
My parents went to their home there
My father wasnt allowed into shul
My mom went to the mall there was a lady following her around cleaning every surface she touched
And u must wear a mask

amother
Lilac

Post Wed, Jun 17 2020, 6:29 pm
I read the higher numbers are due to more testing and many are asymptomatic as well.

Amarante

Post Wed, Jun 17 2020, 7:34 pm
Florida is spiking terribly and it is NOT because of more testing - there are more cases. It just hit there later than it did NY, NJ but it is spiking just as other states like Texas, Alabama, Georgia, Arizona etc. are now spiking.

Pretending there is no pandemic has sadly now become a litmus test of political leanings. However, just pretending the pandemic isn't growing doesn't make it so. The other countries seem to have well and truly flattened the curve. The only reason the US SEEMED to be flattening the curve was because NY, NJ took extreme social distancing measures which really worked. Other states didn't and now they are experiencing large spikes and ICU beds becoming filled.

My friend's grandmother lives in Boca and she hasn't been out of the house since March when anyone smart was starting to quarantine to the extent possible.

Blessing1

Post Wed, Jun 17 2020, 9:47 pm
Amarante wrote:
Florida is spiking terribly and it is NOT because of more testing - there are more cases. It just hit there later than it did NY, NJ but it is spiking just as other states like Texas, Alabama, Georgia, Arizona etc. are now spiking.

Pretending there is no pandemic has sadly now become a litmus test of political leanings. However, just pretending the pandemic isn't growing doesn't make it so. The other countries seem to have well and truly flattened the curve. The only reason the US SEEMED to be flattening the curve was because NY, NJ took extreme social distancing measures which really worked. Other states didn't and now they are experiencing large spikes and ICU beds becoming filled.

My friend's grandmother lives in Boca and she hasn't been out of the house since March when anyone smart was starting to quarantine to the extent possible.

Oy this is so scary. So many elderly people from NY went to Florida because they want to be able to leave the house.

amother
Lavender

Post Thu, Jun 18 2020, 1:49 am
Amarante wrote:

I'm not sure what you're implying, but social distancing was taken much more seriously and much sooner in FL than in NY/NJ. Even with the numbers rising, no one is expecting the horrors that took place in NY due to delayed distancing.

Amarante

Post Thu, Jun 18 2020, 2:28 am
amother [ Lavender ] wrote:
I'm not sure what you're implying, but social distancing was taken much more seriously and much sooner in FL than in NY/NJ. Even with the numbers rising, no one is expecting the horrors that took place in NY due to delayed distancing.

Florida opened widely before the curve had really flattened and it was premature. That is why their numbers are spiking.

Because the US did not quarantine effectively and is now permitting people to mingle without even requiring masks or having adequate contact tracing, any hope of controlling the virus the way it happening in Europe and Asia has been lost.

There is a spike in Tulsa which makes holding a mass rally in an enclosed area a potential super spreader event. What responsible leader would hold such an event in defiance of the advice of all public health experts?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics