Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
How do you entertain a 9 month old baby the whole day?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 18 2020, 5:42 pm
My baby wants to be entertained the whole day from morning till night. Do you have any suggestions on how I can entertain my baby every day the whole day?

lasagna

Post Thu, Jun 18 2020, 5:59 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
My baby wants to be entertained the whole day from morning till night. Do you have any suggestions on how I can entertain my baby every day the whole day?

Of found it helpful to have toya laying around the house in different areas so she could easily access them without my assistance. Reading books and water play is also fun. Baby jumpers and exercausers can also provide quite a bit of entertainment.

amother
Wine

Post Thu, Jun 18 2020, 6:18 pm
I worked full time with a few 9 month olds home.
Entertainment depended on where they were developmentally. - walking, crawling, sitting. All my kids were diff.
I’d switch between bouncers, excersaucer, walking toys if it was appropriate for them. And then switch off boxes of books, toys, music instruments.
If learning to sit I’d given them support to play with toys in that position.
Make sure to still keep naps scheduled. It helps them a lot.

amother
Brunette

Post Thu, Jun 18 2020, 6:29 pm
I think that if you really want to do something where you can concetrate, you need to wait till the baby naps... or you need a babysitter...

It is an illusion to work (e.g. write texts on your computer) while the baby is around and awake.

But you can do manual work like cooking, cleaning, ironing, folding laundry, because there your head is free and you can have the baby look at you and talk to him while you work...

In general, it is also a good method to induce a game/occupation and withdraw... but at this age, they have short attention span and not so many possibilites, so you would have to come back and check every few minutes, and give a new impulse if necessary.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics