Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
A. So many questions abt vaccinations B. Dr. Diamonds grp
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Oak

Post Sun, Jun 21 2020, 10:20 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Tnx so much. I will Google him. What is rotavirus?

I think my questions show you how pro vax I was that I didn't even know what shots are going into my kid. Never mind to know what number kid this is....

If you have no understanding of this topic, you should not being choosing your own path on it.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 21 2020, 10:23 am
amother [ Oak ] wrote:
If you have no understanding of this topic, you should not being choosing your own path on it.

You choose to do with your kids what you want and I'll choose for mine. I believe there are many ppl like me after this whl covid saga.

Zehava

Post Sun, Jun 21 2020, 10:33 am
amother [ Lime ] wrote:
What's the minimum you wait in between?

A week. But now mine had a bit of a reaction so I’m holding off on the last of four.

amother
Natural

Post Sun, Jun 21 2020, 10:46 am
I second Dr Paul's vaccine schedule. He explains it very comprehensively and is not the type that believes all vaccines are terrible, he has a balanced approach that explains which vaccines are most appropriate for which ages so that they are most effective and have the smallest negative affect.

Unfortunately if you want to send your kids to school in NY, you can really follow it completely but it still gives good pointers.

I'm not anti vax, I'm a cautious vaxxer. I think it's hard to imagine that someone would be completely against the incredible medical advances that have made it possible to prevent people from getting diseases that at one time were prevalant and devastating. I also can't understand how people don't see the major flaws in the current vaccine system and the amount of money that is clouding the judgement of the people who make these rules. Basically it's important to be informed, to be firm and to be open to hearing a variety of perspectives so you can make the choices that are best for you.

amother
Khaki

Post Sun, Jun 21 2020, 10:52 am
amother [ Lime ] wrote:
One less dose of Dtap because it's given to protect the baby then as a baby, if you miss the timing, you only catch up with one less. Same with polio. A baby gets 4 doses, a little kid gets only 3.

I'm sorry but your facts are incorrect.

If you start later (I.e. age 2) you only need 1 dose of HIB and Prevnar instead of 3 or 4. I personally wouldn't recommend that because they both protect against strains of meningitis, and I personally know a baby who has meningitis as an infant (unvaccinated) and is now permanently brain damaged.

I do agree that you can push off Hep B, as long as you start early enough before school starts to catch up with the series (there's 3 if them, and you need 4 months in between the first and the last).

Hep A and rotavirus are not mandatory vaccines. I personally don't give rotavirus and I give Hep A when they're older.

amother
Beige

Post Sun, Jun 21 2020, 10:55 am
I use their group. Dr Klein you are best off with. Doubt they will let you skip. Maybe just give 2/3 at a time. If you only go when sick they will call you to schedule well. If you refuse you will be kicked out of the group.

Zehava

Post Sun, Jun 21 2020, 11:00 am
amother [ Khaki ] wrote:
I'm sorry but your facts are incorrect.

If you start later (I.e. age 2) you only need 1 dose of HIB and Prevnar instead of 3 or 4. I personally wouldn't recommend that because they both protect against strains of meningitis, and I personally know a baby who has meningitis as an infant (unvaccinated) and is now permanently brain damaged.

I do agree that you can push off Hep B, as long as you start early enough before school starts to catch up with the series (there's 3 if them, and you need 4 months in between the first and the last).

No need to start early, as long as I gave the first one, and it isn’t possible to give another one before school starts, I’m good until the next registration.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Sun, Jun 21 2020, 11:00 am
I use dr Bulmash/Feldman I found them to be very open minded and they don’t force you to give anything. Dr Feldman day with me for a nice while explaining which ones I should give if I only want to do 1 at a time and I don’t want to give all.

amother
Khaki

Post Sun, Jun 21 2020, 11:11 am
Zehava wrote:
No need to start early, as long as I gave the first one, and it isn’t possible to give another one before school starts, I’m good until the next registration.

That's your kids school. Not all schools allow that. Many will make you wait until the child is up to date.

amother
Pewter

Post Sun, Jun 21 2020, 11:23 am
Zehava wrote:
TBH I don’t vaxx my babies. I vaxx my toddlers once they need to start school. And by that time they already missed a couple sets that are only effective for like a half year or year. I only gave my baby the MMR when measles was going around.
No one will give you a hard time. Do your research and then come in and request the vaccines you think are important. They have better things to do than harass you. If they do harass you find another pediatrician.

Same here. I didn't read the whole thread but there is a catchup schedule by the cdc look it up online. I start when they turn 2 (I did give the mmr when measles was going around) and I go very slowly for the next year. I'm very on top of it because I do not want to give too many at once.

amother
Blonde

Post Sun, Jun 21 2020, 11:34 am
Wow soooo many armchair doctors on this thread

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 21 2020, 12:57 pm
amother [ Beige ] wrote:
I use their group. Dr Klein you are best off with. Doubt they will let you skip. Maybe just give 2/3 at a time. If you only go when sick they will call you to schedule well. If you refuse you will be kicked out of the group.

I bh didn't need a sick visit yet. I going to give most. Will I be kicked out for let's say not giving rotavirus? I must give all in order to stay in the grp??

amother
Khaki

Post Sun, Jun 21 2020, 12:58 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I bh didn't need a sick visit yet. I going to give most. Will I be kicked out for let's say not giving rotavirus? I must give all in order to stay in the grp??

I don't know that group but I can't imagine any doc would kick someone out for not giving rotavirus. It's not a mandatory vaccine.

amother
Olive

Post Sun, Jun 21 2020, 1:03 pm
I only give what's necessary to get into school. Nothing more.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=.....Lfenr

amother
Lime

Post Sun, Jun 21 2020, 1:44 pm
amother [ Olive ] wrote:
I only give what's necessary to get into school. Nothing more.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=.....Lfenr

Me too. I also take titers for MMR after the first to see if a second one should be given.

amother
Chocolate

Post Sun, Jun 21 2020, 3:04 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I dont understand why you would continue using a practice if you dont agree with their medical recommendations and advice. You cant trust them with vaccines then you cant trust them with any other medical advice. You either trust your dr or you dont . If you dont trust dr diamonds 40 years of medical knowledge then find a different doctor .

amother
Lime

Post Sun, Jun 21 2020, 3:10 pm
amother [ Chocolate ] wrote:
I dont understand why you would continue using a practice if you dont agree with their medical recommendations and advice. You cant trust them with vaccines then you cant trust them with any other medical advice. You either trust your dr or you dont . If you dont trust dr diamonds 40 years of medical knowledge then find a different doctor .

Doctors don't get to have a different opinion on vaccinations if they want to keep their medical license.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 21 2020, 3:10 pm
amother [ Chocolate ] wrote:

Dr. David Diamond is a fantastic diagnostician. So are a few others in the grp but they're very medically inclined. They don't believe in anything natural or alternative. Im not contradicting myself by going there. Dr. D. Diamond is the first to push medication. Not trusting my Dr means that when he tells me the kid has pneumonia I go for a second opinion. It's a total different situation when it comes to vaccines.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 21 2020, 3:27 pm
amother [ Lime ] wrote:
Doctors don't get to have a different opinion on vaccinations if they want to keep their medical license.

Thank you!!!!!! Now some Drs will say give all vaccines whether you like it or not and then there are those who say listen, we say give all vaccines but it's upto you to decide which ones you wanna give and which you don't want to give. And that's what I wanna know abt the grp. Which Dr won't kick me out head first by not giving all of them.

amother
Chocolate

Post Sun, Jun 21 2020, 4:34 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Dr. David Diamond is a fantastic diagnostician. So are a few others in the grp but they're very medically inclined. They don't believe in anything natural or alternative. Im not contradicting myself by going there. Dr. D. Diamond is the first to push medication. Not trusting my Dr means that when he tells me the kid has pneumonia I go for a second opinion. It's a total different situation when it comes to vaccines.

So find yourself some natural minded dr. I disagree with you. You either trust your dr or you dont. You clearly dont trust him so find yourself a new pediatrician.
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics