Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Guidance for Teenager/ Tic-Tock app
Previous  1  2

tigerwife

Post Tue, Jul 07 2020, 6:37 pm
essie14 wrote:
We are not yeshivish and do not send to BY. My kids schools work with the technology, rather than forbidding it. They know all the kids have smartphones. they have classes that explain the dangers of things on social media , the kids know how to post responsibly.

In general there is no way to “work with” TikTok. Pretty much most of it is inappropriate and there’s no way to filter out clean videos.

avrahamama

Post Tue, Jul 07 2020, 7:48 pm
Tik tok is a pedophile paradise.....

Sorry. Only way to say it.

OP I will call your daughter and talk to her. Seriously. Whatever you need. I can't. It's so upsetting. We were walking last night. Husband and kids. And we saw a group of girls tik toking it was horrific. Like right there on the street. Tik toking. For every dirty person to see.

amother
Copper

Post Tue, Jul 07 2020, 8:22 pm
Could’ve written this post. TG my daughter is strong and understands the risks and does not want the app but she learns all the dances from her friends videos. There’s nothing really to do to prevent that. She has taught all my kids including the boys the songs and dances. I don’t approve of it and I don’t allow that anymore but I feel like the world is going to move on and there’s nothing we can really do to stop it. Our goals should be to keep our children healthy (spiritually physically and emotionally ) and strong in our own values.

Success10

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 3:04 am
I'm starting to understand the Israeli Bais Yaakov system's strict rules more and more as I read this thread.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children