Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Crazy to test?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 21 2020, 9:55 pm
I basically had all the Covid symptoms besides fever. Dry cough, headache, slightly out of breathe, lungs hurt, lightheaded ness, sore throat, congestion, loss of smell and taste for a short time. Thing is, I always feel like this every summer when I get allergies.
Should I bother getting tested or nah? I work in a nursing home. I send my kids to a babysitter.
I’ve been isolating with my kids since I got back from NJ.

amother
Magenta

Post Tue, Jul 21 2020, 10:00 pm
Why not?
You don’t want to infect anyone if you are contagious, and if you have antibodies, you may as well know about it.

amother
Red

Post Tue, Jul 21 2020, 10:01 pm
Why not? Information is power

happyone

Post Tue, Jul 21 2020, 10:02 pm
if you work in a nursing home , mandates are you get covid tested weekly. are they not testing you ?

Mama Bear

Post Tue, Jul 21 2020, 10:03 pm
I would suggest you get testd for antibodies rather than covid. bc covid can be present in your body way after youre no longer contagious. antibodies will ttell you if you had it.

amother
Firebrick

Post Tue, Jul 21 2020, 10:37 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I work in a nursing home. I send my kids to a babysitter.
I’ve been isolating with my kids since I got back from NJ.

Which one is it? Do you go to work and kids to a babysitter, or have you all been isolating?

Miri1

Post Tue, Jul 21 2020, 10:45 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
I would suggest you get testd for antibodies rather than covid. bc covid can be present in your body way after youre no longer contagious. antibodies will ttell you if you had it.

How would that help her now?
Besides they don't allow you to come for testing if you are sick.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 21 2020, 11:23 pm
amother [ Magenta ] wrote:
Why not?
You don’t want to infect anyone if you are contagious, and if you have antibodies, you may as well know about it.

Idk...my husband thinks I’m being crazy and should go back to work and send our kids back to the babysitter.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 21 2020, 11:24 pm
happyone wrote:
if you work in a nursing home , mandates are you get covid tested weekly. are they not testing you ?

Mandates where? Def not in my state. They took my temp every day, but that’s it

amother
Gold

Post Tue, Jul 21 2020, 11:53 pm
Do you always have loss of taste/smell with allergies? Why don’t you call your PCP to ask abt getting tested, or speak with your boss. Considering the population that you work with, it could be deadly for one of the nursing home residents to catch it from you. Three of my kids had runny noses last week. I spoke to the pediatrician abt each one and for each one he had different recommendations depending on their symptoms. One we did nothing, one was tested and one had to isolate for a few days.

amother
Khaki

Post Tue, Jul 21 2020, 11:58 pm
You have chest tightness with seasonal allergies? That’s doesn’t sound like an allergy symptom. Maybe try taking allergy meds and see if they help

Miri1

Post Wed, Jul 22 2020, 12:06 am
I personally would get tested, but do your research and find a testing site with a quick turnaround so you're not left hanging for 10 days.

I wouldn't want to risk bringing it into a nursing home (or anywhere).

amother
Sapphire

Post Wed, Jul 22 2020, 6:29 am
You have 2 options:
1. Test and then take appropriate precautions
2. Not test- and self-isolate until you are symptom free for 24-48 hours

Not testing and going to work with symptoms and sending your kids to the babysitter is NOT OK

LovesHashem

Post Wed, Jul 22 2020, 6:49 am
Think about this - if you have corona you may just kill most of the patients at work and lose your job. Also a lot of people might hate you or hold things against you if you kill a bunch of people.

So if you want to take a chance with that - go ahead.

amother
Sapphire

Post Wed, Jul 22 2020, 6:59 am
You literally have every symptom of covid except for the one that doesn't show up in every person.
I know a lot of people who had COVID without fever.
You CANNOT go to work with symptoms. Its is absolutely not an option

amother
Aubergine

Post Wed, Jul 22 2020, 7:04 am
My grandmother died because covid got into her nursing home. Please test.

amother
Khaki

Post Wed, Jul 22 2020, 7:09 am
Crazy not to test!!!

amother
Papaya

Post Wed, Jul 22 2020, 7:27 am
Im sorry. WHAT???

you do have covid symptoms, whch may be allgergies, but can just as easily be covid.

Youve been to NJ recently- Deal NJ has a big outbreak in the frum community, and there are new cases in lakewood.

You ABSOLUTELY CAN NOT go to work wothout first having a negative swab.
I work in a NY nursing home!! We lost 25% of our residents, and no it has nothing to do with cuomos mandate because we never accepted a single covid admission. We lost 25% of our residents because staff unknowingly gave it to all the residents!!!
How is this even an option??
Theres a significant chance that you are infected and youre considering going to work?? Sending your children to a babysitter so all the babies' family members can get infected as well, not to mention the babysitter??

amother
Papaya

Post Wed, Jul 22 2020, 7:29 am
amother [ Sapphire ] wrote:
You have 2 options:
1. Test and then take appropriate precautions
2. Not test- and self-isolate until you are symptom free for 24-48 hours

Not testing and going to work with symptoms and sending your kids to the babysitter is NOT OK

Option 2 is definitely not enough for her to return to a nursing home. Being symptom free for 48 hours has been shown not to be a clear indicator of no longer contagious.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 22 2020, 7:37 am
Whoa you guys chillout! I’ve been isolating since I got back just in case. My boss is cool with that.
My PCP recommended I stay home, but he didn’t say for how long. And I forgot to ask him.
My husband thinks I’m overreacting and is convinced it’s just allergies. I felt like this last July, and the July before that. Of course, it’s hardest for him that the kids are home because now the house is loud while he works.
I scheduled a test for today, and I won’t tell him until I get my results
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics