Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Looking for vacation idea for dh and I
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 26 2020, 2:48 pm
Hey- looking for ideas for a short vacation idea for dh and I to get away and get a much needed breather for 2-3 days. We live in the tri state area. Ideally we love Miami. Get up late, dh walks to daven, go out for breakfast, relax, find quiet beach, Browse in pretty areas...maybe do a fun water sport or kayaking. Chilled!

Any ideas of something somewhat similar That’s safe and open, not too far away since we’re going for a short time?

Tia!

amother
Gold

Post Sun, Jul 26 2020, 2:50 pm
Deal NJ is stunning! There's minyan and food and the beach. We love to go there for a short getaway.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 26 2020, 2:54 pm
Can you tell me more? Where do you stay? Are the beaches quiet? What else is there to do?

SuperWify

Post Sun, Jul 26 2020, 2:56 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Can you tell me more? Where do you stay? Are the beaches quiet? What else is there to do?

The beaches are far from quiet...

amother
Gold

Post Sun, Jul 26 2020, 2:57 pm
We stay at ocean place, it's right on the beach. In the summer you can expect beaches to be packed.
We browse the shops in the area. There's water activities but I don't know what's open now.

amother
Jetblack

Post Sun, Jul 26 2020, 3:00 pm
We went to Philadelphia last year for three days. It was very nice but you’d have to check what’s open. Godaven.com is a good resource for minyanim anywhere.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sun, Jul 26 2020, 3:03 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Hey- looking for ideas for a short vacation idea for dh and I to get away and get a much needed breather for 2-3 days. We live in the tri state area. Ideally we love Miami. Get up late, dh walks to daven, go out for breakfast, relax, find quiet beach, Browse in pretty areas...maybe do a fun water sport or kayaking. Chilled!

Any ideas of something somewhat similar That’s safe and open, not too far away since we’re going for a short time?

Tia!

Please change your thread title to dh and me. The use of I is frequently used incorrectly.

amother
Chocolate

Post Sun, Jul 26 2020, 3:15 pm
I have no idea how frum couples stay at ocean place in deal. It is so expensive! Or am I just poor?

amother
Gold

Post Sun, Jul 26 2020, 3:45 pm
amother [ Chocolate ] wrote:
I have no idea how frum couples stay at ocean place in deal. It is so expensive! Or am I just poor?

It depends when you go. It's not always expensive.

amother
Powderblue

Post Sun, Jul 26 2020, 3:48 pm
We went to the waves resort in long branch nj in January. Its near ocean place. Luckily twas a beautiful day. Winter isn't so expensive. I saw advertised recently that there's a fleishig kosher restaurant that opened up in the hotels rooftop.

doctorima

Post Sun, Jul 26 2020, 4:14 pm
NH is great but probably too far for such a short trip. Maybe Newport or Lake George could work for you?

amother
Wheat

Post Sun, Jul 26 2020, 4:25 pm
doctorima wrote:
NH is great but probably too far for such a short trip. Maybe Newport or Lake George could work for you?

What is there to do in NH?

silverlining3

Post Sun, Jul 26 2020, 4:44 pm

Some people do a longer stay and cheaper, while others do shorter and abit more pricey.

OP, I heard ocean place is a mini Florida. Stunning. And it's a half hour drive to Lakewood

amother
Chocolate

Post Sun, Jul 26 2020, 5:06 pm
silverlining3 wrote:
Some people do a longer stay and cheaper, while others do shorter and abit more pricey.

OP, I heard ocean place is a mini Florida. Stunning. And it's a half hour drive to Lakewood

You can't use the word cheaper, during the season the least expensive room is 450 a night, plus taxes and fees

amother
Violet

Post Sun, Jul 26 2020, 5:10 pm
Are there cheaper hotels near ocean place upto half hr driving distance to beach and minyan?

silverlining3

Post Sun, Jul 26 2020, 5:21 pm
You can't use the word cheaper, during the season the least expensive room is 450 a night, plus taxes and fees

And that's why they only do a 2 night-3 days stay. Vs in the winter, in Florida a week stay.
But yea, they're definitely people who do expensive for longer too. All types out there.

naturalmom5

Post Sun, Jul 26 2020, 5:22 pm
amother [ Violet ] wrote:
Are there cheaper hotels near ocean place upto half hr driving distance to beach and minyan?

There are lovely hotels in Lakewood , A large vareity of restaurants to choose from, plenty of minyanim, and a 20 minute drive to Ocean Place.

I recomend then Best Western across the street from Bingo..

https://www.bestwestern.com/en.....31015

malki2

Post Sun, Jul 26 2020, 5:25 pm
naturalmom5 wrote:
There are lovely hotels in Lakewood , A large vareity of restaurants to choose from, plenty of minyanim, and a 20 minute drive to Ocean Place.

I recomend then Best Western across the street from Bingo..

https://www.bestwestern.com/en.....31015

Lol. Maybe you should recommend the Capitol Hotel/Motel while you’re at it 🤣🤣🤣

naturalmom5

Post Sun, Jul 26 2020, 5:45 pm
malki2 wrote:
Lol. Maybe you should recommend the Capitol Hotel/Motel while you’re at it 🤣🤣🤣

The Capitol was torn down years ago. There is an apartment bldg there now
We just went to a Shalom Z , there a few weeks ago

BW on 70 is gorgeous, I dont see the comparison.

If you want a really super nice place, try Tinton Falls Hilton, and davern in Deal..

amother
Gold

Post Sun, Jul 26 2020, 5:47 pm

A 2-3 night stay is not so expensive.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics