Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Are there places in Lkwd where you feel apart of something?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 2:36 pm
My DH and I are looking to move. We have been considering Lakewood, as well as some other tri-state area communities.

My DH's biggest concern with Lakewood is if people really feel a sense of community there? I'm sure it depends on where you move.. but for a family with 3-4 kids, where is shayich to move where one will feel part of something? Ex: an actual kehillah, a rav that one can make a kesher with, etc?

We have never lived in Lakewood and my DH has no shaychus to BMG or other yeshivos/rebbeim in the area, so this is very important for us when looking into communities.

TY!

Chayalle

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 3:50 pm
I think the neighborhood in Heartstone is very much like what you are looking for. I'm sure there are others as well. I have a SIL in Heartstone, and I've heard just what you describe from them, with a Rav very much leading the Kehilla and there for them.

I moved to a different neighborhood around 3 years ago, and it's been so positive for us. To some extent, the shul we are now part of is like this too, so welcoming, and you feel personally like you count and are part of it. My kids really like it, we never had this feeling of belonging before. The Rav has reached out to welcome us and make himself available to get to know us. However it's not a young community (though there are some younger people) so if you are talking about younger kids, you would be looking for something else.

amother
Orange

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 3:56 pm
Chayalle wrote:
I think the neighborhood in Heartstone is very much like what you are looking for. I'm sure there are others as well. I have a SIL in Heartstone, and I've heard just what you describe from them, with a Rav very much leading the Kehilla and there for them.

I moved to a different neighborhood around 3 years ago, and it's been so positive for us. To some extent, the shul we are now part of is like this too, so welcoming, and you feel personally like you count and are part of it. My kids really like it, we never had this feeling of belonging before. The Rav has reached out to welcome us and make himself available to get to know us. However it's not a young community (though there are some younger people) so if you are talking about younger kids, you would be looking for something else.

Which community is this? Is it litvish? Yeshivish? Chasiddish?

amother
Seagreen

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 3:56 pm
I live in hearthstone and its very much a community, but most ppl have kids up to age 15 by now..

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 11 2020, 3:01 pm
We are late 20s-early 30s and have young kids (oldest in kindergarten this year). Looking for a litvishe community.

I've heard of Hearthstone but from what I was told it's definitely older families than where we're at now.

Are developments basically where all the young people move? My husband said maybe Jackson or certain frummer communities in Toms River may have more of this concept since they are smaller crowds of people so would make it feel more communal, but we keep getting mixed reviews in terms of neighborhoods and their hashkafos (re: Jackson/TR areas)

If you know of certain communities in either Lakewood or Jackson/TR that you think would be a good fit for us and could PM me with some details, I would really appreciate it!

zaq

Post Tue, Aug 11 2020, 3:14 pm
OP, you mean feeling A PART of something, not APART.

A PART: Connected, joined
APART: Separate, disconnected

English is a terrible language.

number

Post Tue, Aug 11 2020, 3:24 pm
Which neighborhood is in Jackson but near the tr border? Maybe that one?

amother
Goldenrod

Post Tue, Aug 11 2020, 3:34 pm
there are many many communities in lakewood and beyond. What category are you, because most neighborhoods are specific types?
litvish/chassidish/sefaric?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 9:56 am
amother [ Goldenrod ] wrote:
there are many many communities in lakewood and beyond. What category are you, because most neighborhoods are specific types?

We are looking for a Litvish community

amother
Orange

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 10:28 am
amother [ Goldenrod ] wrote:

Heimidh/chassidish

amother
Silver

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 10:40 am
Lakeview. Small townhouses
Raintree older houses
Heartstone older houses
Brookwood in Jackson

amother
Orange

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 11:32 am
Thank you.

amother
Orange

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 11:33 am
What about Westgate? What type of community is that?

Chayalle

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 1:08 pm
I second Brookwood in Jackson, though it doesn't yet have such a strong shul/Rav, it's getting there. The people are very much a community, though.

amother
White

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 1:17 pm
I don’t know your budget or how yeshivish you want, but Tallymawr which is on the border of Toms River,
Jackson and Lakewood (it is officially Toms River) seems to be a nice crowd with a lot of young families, and the way it’s built lends itself to more of a community than other areas in Toms River or Jackson where houses are more spread apart (even though you did specify apart Wink)

amother
Orange

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 3:03 pm
I'm jot the OP, but I'm looking for a chasidish/heimishe community with young, middle aged, and older people. Does this exist in Lakewood, Toms River, or Jackson? If not, what's the closest? Thanks.

naturalmom5

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 3:10 pm
amother [ Orange ] wrote:
What about Westgate? What type of community is that?

Westgate is very very hardcore Yeshivish...

Look into Chestnut and R Greenfield

amother
White

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 3:11 pm
naturalmom5 wrote:

For Chassidish/heimish? Nope.

naturalmom5

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 3:13 pm
amother [ White ] wrote:
For Chassidish/heimish? Nope.

Oak and Vine ???

amother
Vermilion

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 3:15 pm
naturalmom5 wrote:

Lol have you been there recently?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries