Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed
Please daven for me (Naomi Leah bas Esther Nacha)
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Forestgreen

Post Tue, Aug 11 2020, 11:26 pm
Kiwi13 wrote:
Thank you for updating. Today was very hard. BH I’m told the surgery was successful. Pain has been terrible so please keep davening. Bli neder I will update again when I can, or tryinghard can. ;-) thank you very much everybody. It means a lot.

Refuah shelaima! I’ve had surgeries too and understand the pain Hug
So curious how you and tryinghard know each other Batting Eyelashes
Not my business.. I know...

Blessing1

Post Tue, Aug 11 2020, 11:27 pm
Refua shleima and an easy recovery.

Last edited by Blessing1 on Tue, Aug 11 2020, 11:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

InnerMe

Post Tue, Aug 11 2020, 11:30 pm
Refuah shleimah I'm thinking of you kiwi!! Sending hugs Hug

Kiwi13

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 12:52 am
amother [ Forestgreen ] wrote:
Refuah shelaima! I’ve had surgeries too and understand the pain Hug
So curious how you and tryinghard know each other Batting Eyelashes
Not my business.. I know...

Thank you. 💕 BH right this minute I’m feeling pretty okay. First several hours were brutal but I’m hopeful the worst is over.

Tryinghard, up to you if you want to share how we know each other. Smile

cozyblanket

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 1:04 am
Kiwi13 wrote:
Thank you. 💕 BH right this minute I’m feeling pretty okay. First several hours were brutal but I’m hopeful the worst is over.

Kiwi, I didn't open this thread until now and I didn't realize it was you.

Refuah shelayma bkarov! It should be smooth and comfortable. I'm really thinking about you. I said tehillim. Feel good.

tryinghard

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 2:07 am
Kiwi13 wrote:

Haha I was literally gonna post the same response to you!

Kiwi13 and I are close friends IRL. Neither of us is particularly secretive about our identities on here, so we figured each other out pretty easily. And with enough (simple) detective work, someone with nothing else to do could easily figure out the connection.
Actually, I forget when it was, but there was something she posted that was just too distinctive for there to be anyone else who posted it. For all those who say “that’s why I’m another, cuz people can figure out who I am,” just know that even though there was no way it could have been anyone else (the specific details made it way too unlikely - if you have followed Kiwi’s posts you probably understand), I STILL second-guessed myself for a while before I asked her.

ExtraCredit

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 2:09 am
Kiwi13 wrote:

So happy to hear from you! Hope you are on strong painkillers! Feel good!!

Kiwi13

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 5:53 am
tryinghard wrote:
Haha I was literally gonna post the same response to you!

Kiwi13 and I are close friends IRL. Neither of us is particularly secretive about our identities on here, so we figured each other out pretty easily. And with enough (simple) detective work, someone with nothing else to do could easily figure out the connection.
Actually, I forget when it was, but there was something she posted that was just too distinctive for there to be anyone else who posted it. For all those who say “that’s why I’m another, cuz people can figure out who I am,” just know that even though there was no way it could have been anyone else (the specific details made it way too unlikely - if you have followed Kiwi’s posts you probably understand), I STILL second-guessed myself for a while before I asked her.

Haha! I don’t remember what I posted that made you so sure, but I definitely don’t doubt it! ;-)

Either way... it was fun connecting on here too when it happened.

Kiwi13

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 5:55 am
ExtraCredit wrote:
So happy to hear from you! Hope you are on strong painkillers! Feel good!!

Thanks. Super SUPER strong ones BH!! This morning I feel a million trillion times better than yesterday. Chasdei Hashem.

WitchKitty

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 7:20 am
Thank you for updating!
It's nice how optimistic you sound here. Applause

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 7:27 am
I've had a couple of major abdominal surgeries, and the first couple of days are definitely the hardest. After that, it just turns into this dull ache. Keep telling yourself that you won't feel like this forever, and that every day will bring you closer to a complete healing.

I had a friend who was allowed to stay with me in the hospital, and she would press my pain pump for me if I seemed to be tossing and turning in my sleep, or if I was too out of it to reach for the button on my own. I give her credit for making my recovery a lot smoother and less miserable.

My friend slept in a chair by my side for 3 days straight, only taking breaks to grab a snack. I don't know if hospitals are allowing in anyone who can stay the night with you. If you have anyone who can stay by you, it's worth asking the hospital for permission.

Refuah sheleimah!

Kiwi13

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 7:35 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
I've had a couple of major abdominal surgeries, and the first couple of days are definitely the hardest. After that, it just turns into this dull ache. Keep telling yourself that you won't feel like this forever, and that every day will bring you closer to a complete healing.

I had a friend who was allowed to stay with me in the hospital, and she would press my pain pump for me if I seemed to be tossing and turning in my sleep, or if I was too out of it to reach for the button on my own. I give her credit for making my recovery a lot smoother and less miserable.

My friend slept in a chair by my side for 3 days straight, only taking breaks to grab a snack. I don't know if hospitals are allowing in anyone who can stay the night with you. If you have anyone who can stay by you, it's worth asking the hospital for permission.

Refuah sheleimah!

Thanks. Hospitals don’t allow overnight guests. At least not this one. No exceptions. There are strict visiting hours. My husband couldn’t bring me here and could only visit for a few hours during visiting time once I was admitted. BH I’m going home later this afternoon. Also BH for wonderful nurses who understand the craziness, and for being on a unit that doesn’t seem totally overworked (or at least hides it well if they are).

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 7:38 am
Kiwi13 wrote:
Thanks. Hospitals don’t allow overnight guests. At least not this one. No exceptions. There are strict visiting hours. My husband couldn’t bring me here and could only visit for a few hours during visiting time once I was admitted. BH I’m going home later this afternoon. Also BH for wonderful nurses who understand the craziness, and for being on a unit that doesn’t seem totally overworked (or at least hides it well if they are).

Wow, it's great to hear that you're going home early! I guess they figure you're safer at home, than in a hospital full of germs. That's smart. When I had my surgeries, they kept me for 3 whole days each time.

DON'T TRY TO GET UP AND DO THINGS!!! I shouldn't have to say that, but once you're home you are going to be really tempted. Don't be afraid to ask for help, even for little stuff. Your body needs you to be reasonable and responsible right now. Your brain will be telling you the dishes need to be done. Don't listen to your brain!

PS: I hope you are contacting people to deliver you meals, not just for Shabbos, but all week long. Chabad is a great contact. So is Ezrat Achiem if you have one nearby. If you need to borrow a hospital bed for a while, contact Yad Sarah. They will deliver and set it up for you. You just need to give them a security deposit, and it's not very much.

Rubber Ducky

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 8:01 am
Glad to see you are already posting — and going home — so soon after major surgery! Refuah shaleima!

Kiwi13

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 8:29 am
Thanks. BH my community is wonderful beyond wonderful. They’re making meals for us and yes I’m staying in bed for a while as much as possible. I’m really not able to do much right now and yes I warned not to overdo it. I’m getting up to walk a few steps here and there to help heal but not going too far from bed and definitely not without help. My husband coordinated babysitting help for the next few weeks so that I can literally stay IN BED the majority of every day and only get up for the physical therapy stuff/walking exercise etc. I’m very blessed to have the chance to really fully heal. I’m sure my kids will take it hard that I’m not with them much for the next few weeks but I keep reminding myself this is an investment in all of our futures. Besides for that it couldn’t have kept going the way things were, this will beH help me get to a place where I’m healthy and strong for the long run. I’m really feeling hopeful. Also exhausted. Must sleep more. :-) Zzz.. thank you for being here for me, my imamother family. 💕

cozyblanket

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 8:41 am
Kiwi13 wrote:
Thanks. BH my community is wonderful beyond wonderful. They’re making meals for us and yes I’m staying in bed for a while as much as possible. I’m really not able to do much right now and yes I warned not to overdo it. I’m getting up to walk a few steps here and there to help heal but not going too far from bed and definitely not without help. My husband coordinated babysitting help for the next few weeks so that I can literally stay IN BED the majority of every day and only get up for the physical therapy stuff/walking exercise etc. I’m very blessed to have the chance to really fully heal. I’m sure my kids will take it hard that I’m not with them much for the next few weeks but I keep reminding myself this is an investment in all of our futures. Besides for that it couldn’t have kept going the way things were, this will beH help me get to a place where I’m healthy and strong for the long run. I’m really feeling hopeful. Also exhausted. Must sleep more. :-) Zzz.. thank you for being here for me, my imamother family. 💕

Amen. Have a good Shluff!

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 8:48 am
Kiwi13 wrote:
Thank you for updating. Today was very hard. BH I’m told the surgery was successful. Pain has been terrible so please keep davening. Bli neder I will update again when I can, or tryinghard can. ;-) thank you very much everybody. It means a lot.

Thanks, and thanks for the update, but you're entitled to your privacy and to focus on yourself now. We'll still be davening. Check in only if and when you can. Refuah shleima!

tigerwife

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 9:18 am
Refuah sheleima! I hope you have a speedy and easy recovery!

nchr

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 11:14 am
Refuah Shalaima

Kiwi13

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 3:08 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
Thanks, and thanks for the update, but you're entitled to your privacy and to focus on yourself now. We'll still be davening. Check in only if and when you can. Refuah shleima!

Thanks. It’s not about privacy really (especially since I didn’t share a whole lot about what’s going on anyway, which IS about privacy), I just don’t want anyone to worry unnecessarily, you know? If I tell about the hard stuff I also want to tell the good stuff when things resolve. BH I’m almost for sure going to be discharged tonight. BH. Sorry if this is confusing, I’m a little loopy lol.
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed