Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Leah Forster DVD's/plays
Previous  1  2

bebrave

Post Thu, Jun 22 2023, 3:30 pm
amother Skyblue wrote:
It's not the same thing as CW or anything like that. She was frum then. She added a lot of talent to these productions. Also, I don't know so much about what happened with her but it seems it's her own personal journey going OTD, not something where she's been hurting others for years while pretending to be frum. Not that I agree at all with her choices but I don't think it's comparable.

Who was even comparing?

amother
Skyblue

Post Thu, Jun 22 2023, 3:32 pm
bebrave wrote:
Who was even comparing?

I know no one was comparing, but it's the idea of banning stuff that they made. I don't think a video she played a supporting role in when she was still frum needs to be banned.

BusyMama1

Post Thu, Jun 22 2023, 3:34 pm
amother Skyblue wrote:
I know no one was comparing, but it's the idea of banning stuff that they made. I don't think a video she played a supporting role in when she was still frum needs to be banned.

No one is talking about banning either.

It's her chinuch choice if she'd like to let her children watch it and she's asking for opinions.

amother
Skyblue

Post Thu, Jun 22 2023, 3:35 pm
BusyMama1 wrote:
No one is talking about banning either.

It's her chinuch choice if she'd like to let her children watch it and she's asking for opinions.

Well, that's my opinion...

bebrave

Post Thu, Jun 22 2023, 3:38 pm
No one is saying banning
It's a question in chinuch. Do you allow your kids to watch stuff where the actor now acts quite differently?
If you allow it then good, but maybe you should consider asking a chinuch expert.
I personally think it's wrong to let them watch.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 22 2023, 3:39 pm
amother Sand wrote:
I would let. It's ok for them to know she isn't frum anymore. I wouldn't let them watch her current stuff though.

The issue isn't that she's not frum anymore, that wouldn't bother me. I know actors that acted in Malky Weingarten movies that aren't frum, that doesn't bother me. It's the rest of the story that leaves me questioning.

amother
Aconite

Post Fri, Jun 23 2023, 8:50 am
My kids watch the sisters series- I cringe when I see her because I know about her choices now. My kids have no idea and just enjoy the comedy. I never thought to take the videos away. Maybe I should?

LovesHashem

Post Fri, Jun 23 2023, 9:55 am
amother OP wrote:
The issue isn't that she's not frum anymore, that wouldn't bother me. I know actors that acted in Malky Weingarten movies that aren't frum, that doesn't bother me. It's the rest of the story that leaves me questioning.

What that she's a lesbi@n? Her outspoken views? Her character now? People change and develop. She isn't the same person at all now as she was then.

I listen to Matisyahu old music for the record.

amother
Seashell

Post Fri, Jun 23 2023, 10:00 am
amother OP wrote:
Do you allow your kids to watch DVD's & plays that she's in? My kids don't know the situation, but seeing her on screen makes me uncomfortable.
(And they probably will find out about it eventually.)

No I don’t let!

amother
Apple

Post Fri, Jun 23 2023, 10:14 am
LovesHashem wrote:
What that she's a lesbi@n? Her outspoken views? Her character now? People change and develop. She isn't the same person at all now as she was then.

I listen to Matisyahu old music for the record.

For me, it's not specifically that she's a les... It's that I know she is because she's open and seeking to normalize being openly les...in the frum community.

Kinda like the comedian Modi. I was never under the impression that he was frum but I used to find his clips funny. Then I read an article he was interviewed in. Not only is he married to a practicing Catholic who's 20+ years younger than him and is male, but he openly says he wants to normalize this. He was bragging about frum places still hiring him. So that's a hard pass for me.

amother
Quince

Post Fri, Jun 23 2023, 10:24 am
amother Apple wrote:
For me, it's not specifically that she's a les... It's that I know she is because she's open and seeking to normalize being openly les...in the frum community.

Kinda like the comedian Modi. I was never under the impression that he was frum but I used to find his clips funny. Then I read an article he was interviewed in. Not only is he married to a practicing Catholic who's 20+ years younger than him and is male, but he openly says he wants to normalize this. He was bragging about frum places still hiring him. So that's a hard pass for me.

WHAT???????
Never felt too comfortable with alot of his humor. Uch.
Anyone here seen Matt Walsh's movie "What is a Woman"? If not, watch it. Just watch it.
https://rumble.com/v2rrobo-mat......html

amother
Apple

Post Fri, Jun 23 2023, 12:11 pm
amother Quince wrote:
WHAT???????
Never felt too comfortable with alot of his humor. Uch.
Anyone here seen Matt Walsh's movie "What is a Woman"? If not, watch it. Just watch it.
https://rumble.com/v2rrobo-mat......html

https://www-timesofisrael-com......at%2F

https://variety-com.cdn.amppro.....67%2F

amother
Cerulean

Post Fri, Jun 23 2023, 2:29 pm
They never existed here, not my style.

lora

Post Thu, Mar 28 2024, 11:32 am
Theres definitely a difference from when she performed in other plays vs. her own material.
reading someone else's script I'm not to concerned about, she's just an actor presenting a part.
The issue I more have is her own material, compiled by her with her own thoughts, feelings, and ideas which we now have a better idea of where they were coming from, that I would not allow.

amother
Aconite

Post Thu, Mar 28 2024, 11:48 am
lora wrote:
Theres definitely a difference from when she performed in other plays vs. her own material.
reading someone else's script I'm not to concerned about, she's just an actor presenting a part.
The issue I more have is her own material, compiled by her with her own thoughts, feelings, and ideas which we now have a better idea of where they were coming from, that I would not allow.

This is an old thread and a sore topic.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics