Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Leah Forster DVD's/plays
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 22 2023, 2:04 pm
Do you allow your kids to watch DVD's & plays that she's in? My kids don't know the situation, but seeing her on screen makes me uncomfortable.
(And they probably will find out about it eventually.)

amother
Brickred

Post Thu, Jun 22 2023, 2:04 pm
No I do not

amother
Navy

Post Thu, Jun 22 2023, 2:05 pm
Huh? What is she in now?

Or do you mean old ones?

amother
Midnight

Post Thu, Jun 22 2023, 2:06 pm
No way!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 22 2023, 2:06 pm
amother Navy wrote:
Huh? What is she in now?

Or do you mean old ones?

Old one's.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 22 2023, 2:07 pm
I mean old DVD's and plays that she used to act in. Like Rachel's Place....

amother
Quince

Post Thu, Jun 22 2023, 2:16 pm
She was fantastic in the Rachel's place play about the Rothschilds. I wouldn't watch it again though, or show it to my kids.

Her comedy dvd's - I never found funny. I like comedians that laugh at themselves. Not at other people. I always found her skits quite distasteful and meanspirited.

amother
Skyblue

Post Thu, Jun 22 2023, 2:18 pm
amother OP wrote:
I mean old DVD's and plays that she used to act in. Like Rachel's Place....

We love Journeys. I let my kids watch it again, didn't see what the big deal was. It was produced years ago.

amother
Dandelion

Post Thu, Jun 22 2023, 2:19 pm
Rachel’s Place I allow.
Not her comedy ones.

I don’t want to be specific, but bear in mind for most of these frum shows and plays you have no does what these actors do in their free time or how they live their lives…

amother
Brickred

Post Thu, Jun 22 2023, 2:29 pm
amother Dandelion wrote:
Rachel’s Place I allow.
Not her comedy ones.

I don’t want to be specific, but bear in mind for most of these frum shows and plays you have no does what these actors do in their free time or how they live their lives…

But once we do we choose to not expose our kids to it

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 22 2023, 2:29 pm
amother Dandelion wrote:
Rachel’s Place I allow.
Not her comedy ones.

But we do have an idea what she does because she made it public. That's the difference.

BusyMama1

Post Thu, Jun 22 2023, 2:31 pm
amother Dandelion wrote:
Rachel’s Place I allow.
Not her comedy ones.

Yes, we have no clue who they are but as OP said eventually her kids will hear about Leah Foster. So what kind of message is that giving them?
Not the right ones...

amother
Junglegreen

Post Thu, Jun 22 2023, 2:37 pm
she used to be frum though. I think there's a difference between listening to stuff she did when she was frum and stuff she does now. that's what I remember hearing at least.

amother
Oak

Post Thu, Jun 22 2023, 2:38 pm
She had a pretty small part in journeys and it is such a great play, I’d probably show it to my kids
As for her personal comedies, the old ones, I definitely wouldn’t

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 22 2023, 2:38 pm
amother Junglegreen wrote:
she used to be frum though. I think there's a difference between listening to stuff she did when she was frum and stuff she does now. that's what I remember hearing at least.

I don't have a problem with her not being frum part, that doesn't bother me. It's the rest of the situation.

amother
Oak

Post Thu, Jun 22 2023, 2:39 pm
There’s another one besides journeys that was great, the one with all the MBD songs. That was also very good and her part wasn’t a main part. I wouldn’t throw out the baby with the bath water is what I’m saying

LovesHashem

Post Thu, Jun 22 2023, 2:40 pm
amother OP wrote:
I don't have a problem with her not being frum part, that doesn't bother me. It's the rest of the situation.

So I'd let them way things made when she was frum.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 22 2023, 2:41 pm
amother Oak wrote:
There’s another one besides journeys that was great, the one with all the MBD songs. That was also very good and her part wasn’t a main part. I wouldn’t throw out the baby with the bath water is what I’m saying

We have that one, her part wasn't main part but still big enough for kids to remember and talk about.
My kids have been watching plays with her in it for sometime now, and I just realized that maybe it's not ok.

amother
Sand

Post Thu, Jun 22 2023, 3:11 pm
I would let. It's ok for them to know she isn't frum anymore. I wouldn't let them watch her current stuff though.

amother
Skyblue

Post Thu, Jun 22 2023, 3:18 pm
It's not the same thing as CW or anything like that. She was frum then. She added a lot of talent to these productions. Also, I don't know so much about what happened with her but it seems it's her own personal journey going OTD, not something where she's been hurting others for years while pretending to be frum. Not that I agree at all with her choices but I don't think it's comparable.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics