Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
These Annoying Masks!!!!! Vent!
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next

CiCi

Post Fri, Aug 14 2020, 2:53 am
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:
So trying to stop a pandemic is suddenly the power-hungry government's attempts to control you? Wonder what they did in 1918 to stop the pandemic, any idea? Oh, yeah.....they wore masks and quarantined. Huh.

I don't know if your first wave ever ended, but it's safe to say that you'll probably have a second wave. And even if you don't, considering you haven't said where you live, it's really irresponsible to say that masks are unnecessary right now, across the board.

No, a mask does not protect the wearer as much as it protects others. It sits close enough to the wearer's nose and mouth to catch droplets from being released into the air. It does not seal hermetically to prevent droplets released into the air by anti-maskers from entering the wearer's respiratory system.

Anyways. For those who are scared of drunk drivers, they should just not drink and drive, because that protects them as well as it protects others. And also anyone scared about people who text and drive should just not text and drive, because that protects them just as much as it protects others. Not drinking and driving and not texting and driving are simply eliminations of distractions, and eliminating distractions on your end should keep you safe enough. No reason to insist other people not answer emergency texts or not fulfill ad dlo yada just so that you can feel safer, you know?
And really, if you don't feel safe relying on your own driving abilities without imposing your will on others, just stay home and isolate yourself. Society doesn't need people like you around anyways.

Thanks for reminding me why I try to avoid this forum and just randomly pop in here and there. I have a different opinion than you and therefore "society doesnt need people like me around anyways." Just wow. The bullying is just insane. Well, thankfully Hashem is the one who decides who society needs and its not people like you deciding "who society needs around."

amother
Aqua

Post Fri, Aug 14 2020, 3:03 am
CiCi wrote:
Thanks for reminding me why I try to avoid this forum and just randomly pop in here and there. I have a different opinion than you and therefore "society doesnt need people like me around anyways." Just wow. The bullying is just insane. Well, thankfully Hashem is the one who decides who society needs and its not people like you deciding "who society needs around."

You really need some reading comprehension help. That paragraph was essentially everything you and those agreeing with you have said, just with different examples plugged in. Including the last sentence.

When someone says that everyone needs to wear masks to protect those around them, the usual response is "if you're so worried then just stay home, that's your choice" and often they add "we don't need [insert adjective of your choice] people like you around anyways." Because really, anyone who cares about protecting others, acts responsibly, and doesn't want to be the victim of others' irresponsible choices, isn't welcome in society today, and anti-maskers and non-maskers are not afraid to say it.
Yesterday someone posted (not here) that they went back to their hometown to visit their parents and no one was wearing masks. The responses ranged from "yeah because we don't believe in this made-up stuff" to "it's good that you're not here, go back to the hole you came from" and "never come here again, we don't need trash like you here" and "you're just trying to incite hatred" and "what a !@#$ person, go bother someone else" etc. etc. etc.

Yes, the bullying of anyone who simply wants to stay healthy and not see thousands die is simply insane.

CiCi

Post Fri, Aug 14 2020, 3:24 am
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:
You really need some reading comprehension help.

When someone says that everyone needs to wear masks to protect those around them, the usual response is "if you're so worried then just stay home, that's your choice" and often they add "we don't need [insert adjective of your choice] people like you around anyways." Because really, anyone who cares about protecting others, acts responsibly, and doesn't want to be the victim of others' irresponsible choices, isn't welcome in society today, and anti-maskers and non-maskers are not afraid to say it.
Yesterday someone posted (not here) that they went back to their hometown to visit their parents and no one was wearing masks. The responses ranged from "yeah because we don't believe in this made-up stuff" to "it's good that you're not here, go back to the hole you came from" and "never come here again, we don't need trash like you here" and "you're just trying to incite hatred" and "what a !@#$ person, go bother someone else" etc. etc. etc.

Yes, the bullying of anyone who simply wants to stay healthy and not see thousands die is simply insane.

I don't need comprehension help when you clearly said what you did. I don't agree with you and I dont have to agree with you regarding masks. Telling me that society doesn't need people like me is bullying. You need some comprehension to understand that not everyone thinks like you.

Perhaps I would have a more extreme viewpoint that we should still quarantine because coronavirus is still around and the fact that you can get the virus despite being around mask wearers makes you a killer and society doesnt need you because you dont stay home to totally prevent the spread of the virus. You can potentially spread the virus by transmission through touch so we must all quarantine to prevent that and you are a murderer for not locking yourself up in your house.

As I said, if you are scared just wear your mask. It prevents droplets from infected people from entering your system. I know you wont be happy with that logic because you enjoy bullying people who dont agree with you.

amother
Aqua

Post Fri, Aug 14 2020, 3:33 am
CiCi wrote:
I don't need comprehension help when you clearly said what you did. I don't agree with you and I dont have to agree with you regarding masks. Telling me that society doesn't need people like me is bullying. You need some comprehension to understand that not everyone thinks like you.

Perhaps I would have a more extreme viewpoint that we should still quarantine because coronavirus is still around and the fact that you can still get the virus despite being around mask wearers makes you a killer and society doesnt need you because everyone needs stay home indefinitely to totally prevent the spread of the virus and you are not doing that. You can potentially spread the virus by transmission through touch so we must quarantine to prevent that and you are a murderer for not locking yourself up in your house.

As I said, if you are scared just wear your mask. It prevents droplets from infected people from entering your system. I know you wont be happy with that logic because you enjoy bullying people who dont agree with you.

I didn't say that society doesn't need people like you. Reread what I wrote.

Quote:
Anyways. For those who are scared of drunk drivers, they should just not drink and drive, because that protects them as well as it protects others. And also anyone scared about people who text and drive should just not text and drive, because that protects them just as much as it protects others. Not drinking and driving and not texting and driving are simply eliminations of distractions, and eliminating distractions on your end should keep you safe enough. No reason to insist other people not answer emergency texts or not fulfill ad dlo yada just so that you can feel safer, you know?
And really, if you don't feel safe relying on your own driving abilities without imposing your will on others, just stay home and isolate yourself. Society doesn't need people like you around anyways.

Now, change the words "driving abilities" to the word "mask." Here's what you get:

"And really, if you don't feel safe relying on your own mask without imposing your will on others, just stay home and isolate yourself. Society doesn't need people like you around anyways."

That's essentially what anti-maskers and non-maskers have been saying for months already.
"If you don't feel safe enough relying on your mask, without making me wear one, just stay home and quarantine. [Because] we don't need people like that around anyways."

I fully understand that not everyone thinks like me, and that people like you believe I have no right to even go to the doctor unless I'm willing for you to expose me to covid.

Your point about touch is irrelevant. You don't touch most people around you, but you do stand near enough to them to spit on them, sneeze on them, cough on them, and for your breath and whatever germs you're carrying to hit them. It's invisible, I get that, but it still happens. Someone can choose not to touch you, but they can't choose to avoid your breath droplets if you walk into the store 6 inches behind them, or you sit down at the doctor's office in the chair next to them and there is no other place to sit or stand that's far enough away from you and others not wearing masks.

I wear my mask but my mask doesn't protect me, it protects YOU. I get that you don't mind being hospitalized or dead, but I sure do. You telling me to rely on my mask is equivalent to your telling me not to drink and drive if I don't want drunk drivers on the road, because it's your right to drink and drive if you so please.

Telling me that I have no right to health, life, and safety because you can't be bothered to wear a mask is absolutely bullying. (Just like telling someone to never leave their house if it's so important to them that police enforce laws against drinking and driving.) But you'll never understand that, will you?

CiCi

Post Fri, Aug 14 2020, 3:51 am
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:
Now, change the words "driving abilities" to the word "mask." Here's what you get:

"And really, if you don't feel safe relying on your own mask without imposing your will on others, just stay home and isolate yourself. Society doesn't need people like you around anyways."

That's essentially what anti-maskers and non-maskers have been saying for months already.
"If you don't feel safe enough relying on your mask, without making me wear one, just stay home and quarantine. [Because] we don't need people like that around anyways."

I fully understand that not everyone thinks like me, and that people like you believe I have no right to even go to the doctor unless I'm willing for you to expose me to covid.

Your point about touch is irrelevant. You don't touch most people around you, but you do stand near enough to them to spit on them, sneeze on them, cough on them, and for your breath and whatever germs you're carrying to hit them. It's invisible, I get that, but it still happens. Someone can choose not to touch you, but they can't choose to avoid your breath droplets if you walk into the store 6 inches behind them, or you sit down at the doctor's office in the chair next to them and there is no other place to sit or stand that's far enough away from you and others not wearing masks.

I wear my mask but my mask doesn't protect me, it protects YOU. I get that you don't mind being hospitalized or dead, but I sure do. You telling me to rely on my mask is equivalent to your telling me not to drink and drive if I don't want drunk drivers on the road, because it's your right to drink and drive if you so please.

Telling me that I have no right to health, life, and safety because you can't be bothered to wear a mask is absolutely bullying. But you'll never understand that, will you?

I will not be going back and forth arguing with every word you say. I dont agree with YOUR thought process regarding transmission through touch and whatever else you argue about but I'm done arguing with you. I have never said nor indicated that you have no right to health, etc.

I'm not going to argue with some who says that I want to die or go to the hospital...but whatever keep to your narrative if it makes you feel righteous...

Just another reminder of the same tip I gave you earlier, by you wearing a mask it protects you from me. According to you I don't care if I die so I am all good with you not wearing a mask in any case. But if you want protection from me then go ahead and wear your mask... A cloth mask is a filter that filters air both ways so you dont have to worry about getting the virus from me.

amother
Aqua

Post Fri, Aug 14 2020, 4:03 am
CiCi wrote:
I will not be going back and forth arguing with every word you say. I dont agree with YOUR thought process regarding transmission through touch and whatever else you argue about but I'm done arguing with you. I have never said nor indicated that you have no right to health, etc.

I'm not going to argue with some who says that I want to die or go to the hospital...but whatever keep to your narrative...

Just another reminder of the same tip I gave you earlier, by you wearing a mask it protects you from me. According to you I don't care if I die so I am all good with you not wearing a mask in any case. But if you want protection from me then go ahead and wear your mask... A cloth mask is a filter that filters air both ways so you dont have to worry about getting the virus from me.

Transmission through touch is much less likely than transmission through droplets in the air. That's fact.

Yes, you did. You said that if I want to stay healthy I should rely on my own mask. That scientifically DOES NOT WORK, and is the equivalent of saying that people who don't want to get killed by drunk drivers should simply not drink and drive, but should not complain or be upset if others do.

You are wrong. When I wear a mask it provides me with a very small amount of protection, and it provides you with almost complete protection from my germs.

That you cannot comprehend this simple point is not my fault, and does not change the way masks work.

amother
Linen

Post Fri, Aug 14 2020, 5:27 am

amother
Rose

Post Fri, Aug 14 2020, 7:17 am
gross and patronizing
as well as a poor analogy
and inaccurate

amother
Linen

Post Fri, Aug 14 2020, 7:24 am
amother [ Rose ] wrote:
gross and patronizing
as well as a poor analogy
and inaccurate

If you want people to stop being patronizing, stop being on a level that leaves no other way to communicate.

amother
Rose

Post Fri, Aug 14 2020, 7:37 am
people can have different opinions and have a mature productive discussion without resorting to name calling and rude attempts at intimidation toward those with whom they disagree

yes I find pictures of men urinating on each other vulgar

and sexist since women cannot really manage to do this Wink

southernbubby

Post Fri, Aug 14 2020, 7:43 am
Masks were supposed to be a way to safely open the economy. Yeah we can all stay home and order stuff online and phone in the grocery order but masks and SD was supposed to provide a safe way for us all to go out and shop and at least be somewhat of a society. Of course we wish that we didn't have to wear them.
I am grateful for what Trump has done for Israel and Jews but I am fearful because again, his skilled inflammatory rhetoric has turned anti-maskers as crusaders for truth, justice, and the American way.
Other countries have their own share of mask rebels and I am not sure if it's political or if they are just simply selfish.

amother
Aqua

Post Fri, Aug 14 2020, 7:49 am
southernbubby wrote:
Masks were supposed to be a way to safely open the economy. Yeah we can all stay home and order stuff online and phone in the grocery order but masks and SD was supposed to provide a safe way for us all to go out and shop and at least be somewhat of a society. Of course we wish that we didn't have to wear them.
I am grateful for what Trump has done for Israel and Jews but I am fearful because again, his skilled inflammatory rhetoric has turned anti-maskers as crusaders for truth, justice, and the American way.
Other countries have their own share of mask rebels and I am not sure if it's political or if they are just simply selfish.

Well, the point was not to reopen the economy safely, nor was it to mitigate the damage that a full lockdown might cause (or save the lives of those about to commit suicide, or help abuse victims).

The point, from the first to the last, was to have life as they wanted it and as they are used to it, no strings attached.

They learned that if you scream, yell, and kick enough, you get what you want - things reopened. So now, if they scream, yell, kick, and refuse to comply enough, they will get what they want - no social distancing requirements.

amother
Aqua

Post Fri, Aug 14 2020, 7:52 am
amother [ Rose ] wrote:
people can have different opinions and have a mature productive discussion without resorting to name calling and rude attempts at intimidation toward those with whom they disagree

yes I find pictures of men urinating on each other vulgar

and sexist since women cannot really manage to do this Wink

They are practically stick figures. No body parts are shown.

But like Linen said, if people understood explanations, such memes would not be necessary.

amother
Rose

Post Fri, Aug 14 2020, 7:55 am
you mean if everyone agreed with you

not saying I don't.

just doesn't mean anything goes

southernbubby

Post Fri, Aug 14 2020, 8:00 am
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:
Well, the point was not to reopen the economy safely, nor was it to mitigate the damage that a full lockdown might cause (or save the lives of those about to commit suicide, or help abuse victims).

The point, from the first to the last, was to have life as they wanted it and as they are used to it, no strings attached.

They learned that if you scream, yell, and kick enough, you get what you want - things reopened. So now, if they scream, yell, kick, and refuse to comply enough, they will get what they want - no social distancing requirements.

We have health officials sounding the alarm louder than ever because the combination of flu patients who need medical care along with coronavirus patients will tank the system and then I am sure that some people will still find an excuse.

amother
Aqua

Post Fri, Aug 14 2020, 8:06 am
amother [ Rose ] wrote:
you mean if everyone agreed with you

not saying I don't.

just doesn't mean anything goes

I guess if you think facts are my opinion, then yeah, if everyone agreed with facts, it wouldn't be necessary.

I prefer to think that people simply don't understand the facts, and not that they actually believe facts are someone's personal opinion.

amother
Aqua

Post Fri, Aug 14 2020, 8:08 am
southernbubby wrote:
We have health officials sounding the alarm louder than ever because the combination of flu patients who need medical care along with coronavirus patients will tank the system and then I am sure that some people will still find an excuse.

Some people will find an excuse for anything.

You could shoot them and scream "dirty Jew!!!" and as they gasp their last breaths they'd still say "he wouldn't have killed me if I hadn't been wearing a mask! I would've managed to pull out the bullet and throw it back at him!"

gamanit

Post Fri, Aug 14 2020, 9:09 am
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:
You're hilarious. She said explicitly
יש לי כאן מסכה שנכשלה במבחן של מכון התקנים
"I have here a mask that failed the Standards Institute's tests"
The Standards Institute is the one which sets safety standards. So obviously it's not "just fine," even if you or I don't recognize fully what the problem with it is.

You're pretty hilarious yourself. I explained how the test they used was proven to be worthless and they now use a different test. You can look up more about it if you wish.

amother
Rose

Post Fri, Aug 14 2020, 9:17 am
Op said it was a vent
Hopefully not one venting in germs but rather a vent letting out negativity
Wishing all a good shabbos

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Aug 14 2020, 9:21 am
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:
You really need some reading comprehension help. That paragraph was essentially everything you and those agreeing with you have said, just with different examples plugged in. Including the last sentence.

Next time you do something like that, maybe put it in quotes. Because otherwise you might get reported.
Page 7 of 10   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next Recent Topics