Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
How come no one stopped the abuse?????
  Previous  1  2  3   14  15  16  Next

amother
Hotpink

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 4:11 pm
Extra Credit ,
Imagine you have a mother of 17 kids that the husband abuse day and night ,and force her have to have more and more children.... it's not a greater risk she will be neglecting her kids ?or suicide?

Rappel

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 4:11 pm
amother [ Pumpkin ] wrote:
Can’t see is it arabas or jews

They publicised the names of the assistants a week or two ago. Every one was a Jewish, female name. I was shocked.

And Hotpink: while I agree that maon/gan workers need better conditions, and that they work harder than almost anyone - this doesn't happen in many ganim. So I don't see the cause and effect of "government salaries lead to abuse."

Last edited by Rappel on Wed, Aug 12 2020, 4:12 pm; edited 2 times in total

banana123

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 4:12 pm

Jews. But really, it doesn't matter.

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 4:12 pm
It literally does not matter. Abuse is abuse is abuse.

amother
Sienna

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 4:13 pm
amother [ Coffee ] wrote:
No, but it does mean that many of those willing to work in the profession are not going to be top quality or motivated by love of children.

Of course there are many wonderful ganenot and metaplot. But there aren't enough quality individuals willing to work such long hours for such little pay and respect, so what you end up with is a shortage, a void, which is then filled by less qualified individuals who simply could not find better jobs.

The only way to solve that issue is to lower demand by keeping more kids home, or increase supply by making the job much more attractive to quality care providers. Neither of those are steps that we as a society are willing to take.

Yup, and the maons make a fortune, so they take in more and more kids, cram them in tiny areas, and so are constantly looking for more workers. So anyone looking for a job, takes it.

It's only recently that so many send to maons, I wonder what these kids are going to grow up like. Spending hours, 7am til 4 with ppl who do not love them...

ExtraCredit

amother [ Hotpink ] wrote:
Extra Credit ,
Imagine you have a mother of 17 that the husband abuse day and night ,and force have to have more and more children.... it's not a greater risk she will be neglecting her kids ?or suicide?

Like I said there are many other job opportunities. I can’t excuse them no matter how hard I try. And I’m usually very slow to judge people negatively.

banana123

Rappel wrote:
They publicised the names of the assistants a week or two ago. Every one was a Jewish, female name. I was shocked.

And Hotpink: while I agree that maon/gan workers need better conditions, and that they work harder than almost anyone - this doesn't happen in many ganim. So I don't see the cause and effect of government salaries lead to abuse.

Unfortunately I believe you are wrong.

It's just that it doesn't usually get reported, and most times parents don't pick up on it.

The new "camera law" is pretty useless when it comes to prevention, but what it does do is make sure there is footage if someone ever notices abuse.

amother
Hotpink

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 4:14 pm
amother [ Violet ] wrote:
Not an excuse!

That video is horrible Sad

It's not an excuse !They are very bad people!But it's the reason why it happened!
And the Israeli gouvernement has to make some change, for the security of the kids!

amother
Scarlet

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 4:14 pm
It's horrible!!! just horrible!!!!
You know why it happened? Because they worked from 7.00am(or7.30am)till 4.30pm or 5pm. With the Minimum Salary . they have to do Everything Just everything!!! for the kids and others!!! The cleaning (bathroom kitchen each rooms ...)change the kids ,play , take care,feed them...
It's non stop for the most ridiculous Salary!!! They have two vacation for the all year!!! They are slaves !!!slaves!!!!so they created a שינאה for this poor innocent children!
Why in Israel it's the "assistants" who have to do the cleaning job? Why there is no cleaning lady in maonims and ganims????

NO! Just NO! That is ridiculous. Don’t take it out on the kids. Adults have a choice. These kids did not.
Don’t work with kids if you have no patience for them

amother
Sienna

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 4:16 pm
There is no excuse for that abuse. Ever.
Most places are not like that.
But it is not easy to find someone who works in a maon, who truly loves the kids and is very kind to them. I'm sorry. I have worked in 3 places. That's my experiance.

amother
Coffee

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 4:18 pm
amother [ Sienna ] wrote:
Yup, and the maons make a fortune, so they take in more and more kids, cram them in tiny areas, and so are constantly looking for more workers. So anyone looking for a job, takes it.

It's only recently that so many send to maons, I wonder what these kids are going to grow up like. Spending hours, 7am til 4 with ppl who do not love them...

Actually they do not make a fortune. Like most small businesses they have lots of expenses to pay and their bottom line is usually very thin.

They are always looking for more workers because turnover is very high, due to the poor working conditions. And there is always high demand for metaplot because there are so many babies and toddlers whose parents work outside the home, and nowadays sometimes even SAHMs send to maon.

I also wonder how these kids are going to grow up, and wonder if today's adults didn't suffer similar during their infanthood.

Rappel

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 4:19 pm
banana123 wrote:
Unfortunately I believe you are wrong.

It's just that it doesn't usually get reported, and most times parents don't pick up on it.

The new "camera law" is pretty useless when it comes to prevention, but what it does do is make sure there is footage if someone ever notices abuse.

So what do you do to make sure this isn't happening in your children's ganim/schools?

I don't think DS was ever abused by his ganenot - but at the age of imagination, if he said "Chagit hit me," would I believe him? When I know her as an upstanding member of the community, friendly and responsible? How would I discern the truth?

On a different note: Do you think the camera law will actually happen?

Last edited by Rappel on Wed, Aug 12 2020, 4:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Hotpink

Rappel wrote:

And Hotpink: while I agree that maon/gan workers need better conditions, and that they work harder than almost anyone - this doesn't happen in many ganim. So I don't see the cause and effect of "government salaries lead to abuse."

In many many maonims and ganims you have one abuser in the צוות! much more than you think!! ( And when the parents come the abuser is always warm with the kids!!!and she kisses them...)

amother
Burlywood

Those poor poor children Crying Crying Crying
How does such behavior become embedded in this place?
It's not one sicko doing it in secret, it's like they are a team out to get the children. This is so frightening.

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 4:22 pm
Rappel wrote:

Rappel, sad this is, but why shocked? unfortunately abuse is more prevalent in Israeli/Jewish communities just like it is everywhere else Sad

Rappel

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 4:22 pm
amother [ Burlywood ] wrote:
Those poor poor children Crying Crying Crying
How does such behavior become embedded in this place?
It's not one sicko doing it in secret, it's like they are a team out to get the children. This is so frightening.

That's what really bugs me. Is there any science to finding out if such a group dynamic, if such a conspiracy, is taking place? How can you tell?

amother
Coffee

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 4:23 pm
amother [ Sienna ] wrote:
There is no excuse for that abuse. Ever.
Most places are not like that.
But it is not easy to find someone who works in a maon, who truly loves the kids and is very kind to them. I'm sorry. I have worked in 3 places. That's my experiance.

THIS
THIS

amother
Coffee

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 4:23 pm
It's not an excuse !They are very bad people!But it's the reason why it happened!
And the Israeli gouvernement has to make so change, for the security of the kids!

With every abuse case that comes to light, we go through this again.

What change do you propose, that will actually work? Because the issue is supply and demand, the only real way to make a change is to reach a place where the supply of metaplot is greater than the demand, and maons have the luxury of choosing only the very best, most caring, most qualified applicants. We're nowhere near there. And we won't be there anytime in the future because parents aren't willing to shell out the extra money necessary to improve working conditions (shorter hours, increased pay, better vacations) so that better candidates will be attracted to the field, and because decreasing demand means not all kids go to maon, which is unthinkable for most families.

What can the government do? Background checks? And then what? There won't be enough metaplot.
Screening, supervision? They already do that, or they claim to. Going after abusive care providers? That's reactive, not preventive. And if it works, there will be a severe shortage because many metaplot will be afraid to mess up on camera.

Really, the government's hands are tied. This change has to come from below. Parents need to take responsibility.

banana123

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 4:24 pm
ExtraCredit wrote:
Well with all that work and no pay, we can’t exactly blame them. Probably the government’s fault.

I hope you are being sarcastic....

amother
Sienna

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 4:24 pm
Im honestly scared to send my kids to gan. I daven.
But there is no one perfect.
I send presents throughout the year, that is bribery, but it helps.
And I try my hardest to be a good, positive mother to build up my kids.
We cant wrap them in bubble wrap, much as I would like...☺☺
Page 2 of 16   Previous  1  2  3   14  15  16  Next Recent Topics