Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
How come no one stopped the abuse?????
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5 14  15  16  Next

yksraya

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 8:55 pm
Sometimes, abusive ppl look for such jobs that gives them access to kids so that they can abuse them. They enjoy it as if it were a sport. It's sad how it's more than one abuser at same place. Usually if there is an abuser, another co-worker would happen to notice and report it, or at least say spread the word. It's mind boggling. Simply nazi behavior.

Stars

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 8:57 pm
Heartbreaking. This makes me want to keep my children home till at least Age 3.

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 9:02 pm
Mommyg8 wrote:
FF, you asked for tomatoes and here they come:

None of those children seemed to have come from religious homes, let alone kollel families.

You may be right, but how can you tell from such blurry footage? I saw what looks like boys with their hair up in a bun, which means that they will be getting an upsherin in a year or so. That's the only real detail I could make out. None of the kids looked like they were even 2 years old yet, so I wouldn't expect the girls to be in skirts that young. I could be wrong through.

I'll also admit that there are people who dump their kids in maonot the second they can, because they don't want to take care of their kids.

I don't understand how anyone can have a baby, and then just go back to work as soon as mom is up and walking around. Why even bother having kids, if you're going to give them to strangers to raise them?

The kids may come from a two parent home, but if they never see their family, then what's the point? Kids with a single "welfare mom" who stays home with them are better off than kids who have a career mom who is never around.

I don't believe that it's so important for an infant to have socialization with other kids. I've actually heard that more than once. I'd love to know how that works. "So, Sarale, how's that diaper change working out? Had any good bottles lately?"

Edited to fix some typos and for clarity.

Last edited by FranticFrummie on Thu, Aug 13 2020, 5:21 am; edited 1 time in total

Stars

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 9:07 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
You may be right, but how can you tell from such blurry footage? I saw what looks like boys with their hair up in a bun, which means that they will be getting an upsherin in a year or so. That's the only real detail I could make out. None of the kids looked like they were even 2 years old yet, so I wouldn't expect the girls to be in skirts that young. I could be wrong through.

I'll also admit that there are people who dump their kids in maonot the second they can, because they don't want to take care of their kids.

I don't understand how anyone can have a baby, and then just go back to work as soon as they are up and walking around. Why even bother having kids, if you're going to give them to strangers to raise them?

The kids may come from a two family home, but if they never see their family, then what's the point? Kids with a single "welfare mom" who stays home with them are better off than kids who have a career mom who is never around.

I don't believe that it's so important for an infant to have socialization with other kids. I've actually heard that more than once. I'd love to know how that works. "So, Sarale, how's that diaper change working out? Had any good bottles lately?"

From what age do you consider it important?

sub

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 9:07 pm
Frantic
You are experienced with nannying,
Maybe you should open a maon
At least those kids would be in good hands.

amother
Indigo

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 9:09 pm
What is a maon?

amother
Slateblue

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 9:26 pm
Don’t blame the victim/ never an excuse for abuse! Don’t blame anyone except for the perpetrators! And those poor parents who are probably working sure do not need more guilt piled upon them. B”H it came to light.

FYI the vast majority of "secular: parents in Israel both work.

#BestBubby

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 9:30 pm
If I were dictator I would outlaw mothers working if their kids are under two.

I would give a stipend.

When children are verbal they are much safer from abuse/neglect.

One never knows with babies.

While this level of abuse is hopefully rare, I believe it is damaging to babies to
be so many hours even in a "good" daycare.

(I'll duck the tomatoes...)

amother
cornflower

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 9:48 pm
Oh. My. Goodness.
Poor poor innocent kids!!!!!!
I can’t stop crying and thanking Hashem that I’m a stay at home mom.

The only solution I can think of is having high resolution cameras in every single nook and cranny of every single day care!

And nothing excuses such behaviour against innocent babies! Nothing!!!!
Even if all the staff are working for free it’s not the kids fault!!!!!
They can hit all their walls when they get home!!!

sub

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 9:51 pm
amother [ Indigo ] wrote:
What is a maon?

Babysitting

amother
cornflower

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 9:51 pm
#BestBubby wrote:

I would give a stipend.

While this level of abuse is hopefully rare, I believe it is damaging to babies to

I agree!!!
some really have no choice...single moms.. some for keeping a roof over their head.
I’m so grateful that I do.
I’m certified to work in a pretty lucrative field and instead I chose the diaper-bag-wearing-mom career.
Maybe in ten years I’ll go work when my youngest is old enough for school.
And even then we need to daven everyday.
But such little kids suffering in silence... they look like they’re so used to it. Horrific.

Mommyg8

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 9:56 pm
#BestBubby wrote:

I would give a stipend.

I totally agree with this 100%, it's like you took the words right out of my mouth!

You never know what's going on (hopefully not as bad) in even the best daycares.

notshanarishona

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 10:05 pm
Maon is a little different than just babysitting. It’s government run and subsidized based on how many hours a parent works. It’s one of the few options for people who work long hours - some of the maons can be from 7 am -5 from as young as 5 months.

amother
cornflower

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 10:08 pm
notshanarishona wrote:
Maon is a little different than just babysitting. It’s government run and subsidized based on how many hours a parent works. It’s one of the few options for people who work long hours - some of the maons can be from 7 am -5 from as young as 5 months.

My relative has her kids in such a type of daycare. She needs to be at work very early so they get dropped off in Pajamas and get dressed by the teachers. They come home after supper and ready for bed.
She has a really fancy job and earns a small fortune. One day she’ll have enough money to pay for all the therapies.

#BestBubby

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 10:11 pm
notshanarishona wrote:

It's like putting your kids in an orphanage for most of their babyhood. Crying

notshanarishona

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 10:14 pm
This abuse is horrible but it’s really not fair to judge other people. Sometimes people are in desperate financial straits or have other reasons why they need to work such long hours. Their are very few in between options and the average babysitters are from 830-1 without afternoons so many people are pushed into the mishpachton / maon model. Not saying its right or I agree with it but some people don’t have options and it can be hurtful to be judged.

#BestBubby

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 10:16 pm
notshanarishona wrote:
This abuse is horrible but it’s really not fair to judge other people. Sometimes people are in desperate financial straits or have other reasons why they need to work such long hours. Their are very few in between options and the average babysitters are from 830-1 without afternoons so many people are pushed into the mishpachton / maon model. Not saying its right or I agree with it but some people don’t have options and it can be hurtful to be judged.

I thought we don't excuse abuse. But we can't "judge" the mothers who put their
babies in danger.

mochamix18

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 2:27 am
amother [ Indigo ] wrote:
What is a maon?
israeli daycare center

amother
Red

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 3:19 am
FranticFrummie wrote:

I don't understand how anyone can have a baby, and then just go back to work as soon as they are up and walking around. Why even bother having kids, if you're going to give them to strangers to raise them?

The kids may come from a two family home, but if they never see their family, then what's the point? Kids with a single "welfare mom" who stays home with them are better off than kids who have a career mom who is never around.

Because they need to, financially.

Or are you volunteering to foot the bill for households that need two incomes to survive? Believe me I'd love to stay home for 18 months as I did with my first, but when my baby comes I'll be back to work in three months because the alternative is using up our savings and not having anything left for an emergency or a down payment.

banana123

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 5:07 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
In Israel everyone is a mandated reporter, but then you have people saying that Jews are not allowed to report another Jew to authorities - so what then?

This doesn't help when a lot of people send to illegal gananot that are not under any governmental supervision whatsoever. It's just a lady trying to figure out how many toddlers she can cram into her living room.

All those innocent little babies in the video, they were too young to even talk. Completely helpless, and probably didn't even understand why they were being hit and kicked. At one point one of the morahs smacks a kid in the head, and then you see her laughing! It's horrible, simply inexcusable.

At nap time, one toddler dares to lift his head up off of the mat, and he gets kicked in the head. He just lies there, like he's used to it. You can tell they've come to the conclusion that this is normal and to be expected.

I'm going to say something really controversial, and I'm ready for the tomatoes:

If men would put down a sefer long enough to earn a decent living, more women would be free to stay home with their kids for the first few years. They can always learn at a night seder, or put aside a few hours in the evening for a chavrusa. Learning is important, but so is the lives of your children.

Just so that you understand, most of the clientele at this maon is not religious. The men AND women are working.

And, regardless of what you think of kollel, the fact is that today most women want to work, and the lifestyle they want to lead requires two incomes.
Page 4 of 16   Previous  1  2  3  4  5 14  15  16  Next Recent Topics