Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
More long term effects studies:

FranticFrummie

Post Sat, Aug 15 2020, 4:22 pm
7 Long-Term Health Risks of Coronavirus You Need to Know
https://bestlifeonline.com/lon.....isks/

Only observation and research over time will determine the lifelong impact a bout with COVID-19 may have, but there is already evidence that recovered patients may suffer from some coronavirus symptoms forever.
https://bestlifeonline.com/cor.....ever/

Other people have posted about these before, but the next link is pretty scary, too:

60 Percent of COVID Survivors May Be Dealing With This Forever, Study Says
OVER HALF OF COVID SURVIVORS WILL HAVE ONE OF THESE MENTAL HEALTH DISORDERS FOR THE REST OF THEIR LIVES.
https://bestlifeonline.com/cov.....rder/

The findings show that COVID-19 not only has the ability to spark the development of a mental disorder in patients that have never had one before, but the virus also exacerbates mental disorders in patients who already have them. "Patients with a positive previous psychiatric diagnosis showed increased scores on most psychopathological measures, with similar baseline inflammation," the authors wrote.

Many of these mental illnesses are considered "high-burden non-communicable conditions associated with years of life lived with disability." So, not only will COVID-19 survivors have to deal with the effects of the virus on their body, but many will also have mental disorders that could stay with them their whole lives.

This can even happen if you just have a "slight case of Covid". Please keep all of this in mind before you takeoff your mask in an indoor space, send your kids to school, or visit grandma.

I know you're tired of it. I'm tired of it too. I get it.

When doctors start throwing out phrases like "long term", "permanant", "life long", and "forever", I get worried, don't you?

amother
Powderblue

Post Sat, Aug 15 2020, 5:26 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:

Only observation and research over time will determine the lifelong impact a bout with COVID-19 may have, but there is already evidence that recovered patients may suffer from some coronavirus symptoms forever.

Other people have posted about these before, but the next link is pretty scary, too:

OVER HALF OF COVID SURVIVORS WILL HAVE ONE OF THESE MENTAL HEALTH DISORDERS FOR THE REST OF THEIR LIVES.

The findings show that COVID-19 not only has the ability to spark the development of a mental disorder in patients that have never had one before, but the virus also exacerbates mental disorders in patients who already have them. "Patients with a positive previous psychiatric diagnosis showed increased scores on most psychopathological measures, with similar baseline inflammation," the authors wrote.

Many of these mental illnesses are considered "high-burden non-communicable conditions associated with years of life lived with disability." So, not only will COVID-19 survivors have to deal with the effects of the virus on their body, but many will also have mental disorders that could stay with them their whole lives.

This can even happen if you just have a "slight case of Covid". Please keep all of this in mind before you takeoff your mask in an indoor space, send your kids to school, or visit grandma.

When doctors start throwing out phrases like "long term", "permanant", "life long", and "forever", I get worried, don't you?

This is a useless argument. No anti-masker will care, and most non-maskers won't believe it until it happens to them - and maybe even then, they will find something else to blame it on.

amother
Mustard

Post Sat, Aug 15 2020, 5:37 pm
Last time you posted a general warning like this, it was because you were concerned about your daughter in America, and couldn't do anything directly about it. Is that your concern again now? If we know the real issue we can try to help and support much better than if it is just warnings of doom.

LovesHashem

Post Sat, Aug 15 2020, 5:38 pm
Wow. This is unfortunately very true. A recent thread on this topic actually had many imamother here who suffered from Corona talking about the affects it has on them after the virus has been long gone.

Many thought it was one time issues and were hesitant to get checked out. But as the thread went on more and more people were coming on saying "Hey I'm still suffering from shortness of breath too! I'm having my heart start racing randomly."

Yet many people still said "Well didn't happen to those I know so I'll be fine"

Denial doesn't help you.

I wish everyone understood this.

LovesHashem

Post Sat, Aug 15 2020, 5:41 pm
amother [ Mustard ] wrote:
Last time you posted a general warning like this, it was because you were concerned about your daughter in America, and couldn't do anything directly about it. Is that your concern again now? If we know the real issue we can try to help and support much better than if it is just warnings of doom.

The people who made these studies werent doing it out of worry for her daughter.

When there's a hurricane possibly coming through your county - you wouldn't want to be warned to take precautions? When one starts saying "it's only a hurricane. It's not going to hurt me" - we try to explain the affects of the hurricane to this person. Not to scare them and feel like the world is ending. So they can have the knowledge to properly deal with a threat to their health and lives.

amother
Coffee

Post Sat, Aug 15 2020, 8:55 pm
BTW, my kids have PANDAS from strep, and believe me, I am being strict with their going out. Yet, when I keep posting on imamother to search for the why's of mental health disorders, I am questioned if I'm normal.
As COVID is showing, viruses and infections CAN cause neurological and mental health disorders. Crying
Some kids with pandas are finally able to get treatment approved by insurance now because they have COVID antibodies (which the medical world now believe can cause psych symptoms) and weren't able to before with pandas diagnosis...makes me mad...

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Sat, Aug 15 2020, 9:08 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:

No because the virus is not even a year old so drs dont get to say forever and lifelong and permanent.

Mama Bear

Post Sat, Aug 15 2020, 10:57 pm
To be honest, people are also struggling with anxiety and depression due to the general state of affairs in the world right now, and from the extended lockdown / changes in our lives. Anyone who is NOT suffering from some form of anxiety or depression right now, whether they had corona or not, should really count their blessings.

rainbow dash

Post Tue, Aug 18 2020, 7:42 pm
My DH and DS just got tested we r waiting for the results. My DH already has lost his smell. He cant smell charin. So this is what we have to look forward to? Now I'm scared.

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Aug 18 2020, 8:14 pm
Like this post if you know someone on dialysis because of Covid.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics