Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Snakes and snails and puppy dog tails
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Ginger

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 8:57 pm
southernbubby wrote:
You may be right but I have not seen where anyone is calling it the law. So far, I have not heard of anyone getting tickets for visiting family members or for allowing family members to visit them. Months ago it was the recommendation but I don't think that it's illegal. I have heard that stores can be fined or shut down and months ago, shuls and simchas, even in private homes, were ticketed. I have yet to hear that it's illegal. Do you have a source for that or are you simply angry that I agree with mask mandates?

ETA: I just looked it up. It is a law that businesses must insist on masks and it is a recommendation to wear masks when visiting other people.

The law is to wear a mask and SD when in groups of people, not just in stores. The law is not to gather in groups without masks or SD. The law is to wear a mask when SD is not possible. The law doesn't care if it's grandchildren or strangers. Again, you can do as you please, but don't point out other's wrong doings when you're just as well not following the law.

southernbubby

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 9:00 pm
amother [ Ginger ] wrote:
The law is to wear a mask and SD when in groups of people, not just in stores. The law is not to gather in groups without masks or SD. The law is to wear a mask when SD is not possible. The law doesn't care if it's grandchildren or strangers. Again, you can do as you please, but don't point out other's wrong doings when you're just as well not following the law.

I just looked it up. There is only a recommendation and not a law. Do you have a source?
I am also not pointing out anyone's wrongdoing. I agree with the law and visiting grandchildren without a mask is not illegal. I looked it up.

amother
Ginger

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 9:10 pm
southernbubby wrote:
I just looked it up. There is only a recommendation and not a law. Do you have a source?
I am also not pointing out anyone's wrongdoing. I agree with the law and visiting grandchildren without a mask is not illegal. I looked it up.

I also looked it up. You need to wear a mask when around people that do not live in your house.
You've named a few stores and communities where people don't wear masks, how is that not pointing out other's wrongdoings?

ExtraCredit

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 9:14 pm
Can arguments like these only happen if you’re not anonymous? I get super annoyed when people throw personal insults anonymously. I think it’s against the rules too. Ginger if you feel you are making a valid point, why are you hiding under amother?

southernbubby

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 9:16 pm
ExtraCredit wrote:
Can arguments like these only happen if you’re not anonymous? I get super annoyed when people throw personal insults anonymously. I think it’s against the rules too. Ginger if you feel you are making a valid point, why are you hiding under amother?

Thanks extra credit. I think that I will try reporting it as a hijacked thread.

ExtraCredit

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 9:18 pm
southernbubby wrote:
Thanks extra credit. I think that I will try reporting it as a hijacked thread.

I might be guilty myself for asking about masks too, but I can’t stand when people bash like that under amother. I’m almost sure it’s against the rules.

amother
Ginger

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 9:19 pm
ExtraCredit wrote:

Because she's been extremely nasty to me in the past when I pointed something out under my SN. I didn't mean to start an argument or be nasty, but she's been naming communities and stores that do not follow the law and I was sure she's still strictly SD. And now I see that she's choosing what's convenient for her, it has made me quite mad.
Everyone is entitled to do as they please, but don't go talk lashon hora that other's aren't wearing a mask when you're not strict with it yourself. She knows how to play victim quite well.

ExtraCredit

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 9:21 pm
Because she's been extremely nasty to me in the past. I didn't mean to start an argument or be nasty, but she's been naming communities and stores that do not follow the law and I was sure she's still strictly SD. And now I see that she's choosing what's convenient for her, it has made me quite mad.
Everyone is entitled to do as they please, but don't go talk lashon hora that other's aren't wearing a mask when you're not strict with it yourself.
I understand but was she nasty anonymously?

amother
Ginger

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 9:22 pm
ExtraCredit wrote:
I understand but was she nasty anonymously?

No, and I wasn't anonymous either. But I'm afraid of her by now....

southernbubby

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 9:22 pm
ExtraCredit wrote:
I might be guilty myself for asking about masks too, but I can’t stand when people bash like that under amother. I’m almost sure it’s against the rules.

It probably is so I reported it. I happen to agree with mandates for stores and businesses but the police are not exactly coming after visiting bubbies. They are also not targeting places of worship. They have busted some stores and large gatherings however.

southernbubby

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 9:27 pm
Because she's been extremely nasty to me in the past when I pointed something out under my SN. I didn't mean to start an argument or be nasty, but she's been naming communities and stores that do not follow the law and I was sure she's still strictly SD. And now I see that she's choosing what's convenient for her, it has made me quite mad.
Everyone is entitled to do as they please, but don't go talk lashon hora that other's aren't wearing a mask when you're not strict with it yourself. She knows how to play victim quite well.

I am sorry if I was nasty. I have a feeling that I know who you are now because you use the word "lashon hara", however, you are doing a great job of speaking lashon hara publicly about me. I don't think that there is any current law that grandchildren and grandparents can't visit. There is only a recommendation and no penalty whatsoever.
Maybe we can both agree not to post lashon hara.

amother
Ginger

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 9:31 pm
southernbubby wrote:
I am sorry if I was nasty. I have a feeling that I know who you are now because you use the word "lashon hara", however, you are doing a great job of speaking lashon hara publicly about me. I don't think that there is any current law that grandchildren and grandparents can't visit. There is only a recommendation and no penalty whatsoever.
Maybe we can both agree not to post lashon hara.

There's no penalty for not wearing a mask or SD, but it's still the law. The law is to wear a mask when around other people that don't live in your house, doesn’t matter who. It's not a recommendation.

southernbubby

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 9:37 pm
There's no penalty for not wearing a mask or SD, but it's still the law. The law is to wear a mask when around other people that don't live in your house, doesn’t matter who. It's not a recommendation.

The wording is that it is strongly recommended. There is absolutely no penalty. There have been stores that were fined and a summer program upstate was closed and fined $60,000.
You are taking revenge on me and you know it.

amother
Ginger

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 9:43 pm
southernbubby wrote:
The wording is that it is strongly recommended. There is absolutely no penalty. There have been stores that were fined and a summer program upstate was closed and fined $60,000.
You are taking revenge on me and you know it.

No where did I see it's recommended. I keep on looking it up. It says masks are required in NY when not SD. On public transportation and ferries face coverings must be worn at all times. Individuals are not fined for not wearing a mask, but it's still the law. I don't see anything about it being a recommendation. You do as you wish but don't bash others when they do as they wish.

Zehava

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 9:52 pm
ExtraCredit wrote:
Nope. Hope they’re standing 6 ft apart and wearing masks.

Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter

southernbubby

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 9:57 pm
No where did I see it's recommended. I keep on looking it up. It says masks are required in NY when not SD. On public transportation and ferries face coverings must be worn at all times. Individuals are not fined for not wearing a mask, but it's still the law. I don't see anything about it being a recommendation. You do as you wish but don't bash others when they do as they wish.

The next words after the mandate to wear it on public transportation is that it is strongly recommended to wear it in shared spaces. It is not against the law to visit your grandchildren. You are bashing me and I never bashed anyone.

amother
Ginger

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 10:03 pm
southernbubby wrote:
The next words after the mandate to wear it on public transportation is that it is strongly recommended to wear it in shared spaces. It is not against the law to visit your grandchildren. You are bashing me and I never bashed anyone.

I read the mandate again now on NYS.gov. It says that masks are required when around other people and in a shared space when SD cannot be maintained but it is recommended to wear a mask in a shared space even when you're 6 feet apart. It's the only time the word recommended is written. This means that you're required to wear a mask in a shared space when not SD but it is recommended even when you're SD.
I don't mean to bash you, I'm just making you aware that by you posting about stores and communities that are not following the law, I and I'm sure other's assumed that you're following the law to the T.

amother
Ginger

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 10:04 pm
Double post

mommy3b2c

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 10:09 pm
The law is masks and SD whenever around people, INCLUDING your grandchildren. Masks need to be worn around anyone not living in the same household. You can visit your grandchildren masked or SD. You don't want to put store personnel and shoppers at risk but you have no problem putting your grandchildren at risk???
This is exactly what picking and choosing is. Everyone around you is doing wrong, but you can visit family without mask or SD but you're not doing anything wrong. I don't care what you do or don't do, just don't preach that other's are doing wrong when you're picking and choosing yourself. A person that is truly still SD doesn't visit grandchildren maskless or non SD.

FTR, it’s not illegal to not SD with friends or family. That was never law in the US.

southernbubby

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 10:11 pm
I read the mandate again now on NYS.gov. It says that masks are required when around other people and in a shared space when SD cannot be maintained but it is recommended to wear a mask in a shared space even when you're 6 feet apart. It's the only time the word recommended is written. This means that you're required to wear a mask in a shared space when not SD but it is recommended even when you're SD.

NY now allows indoor dining at restaurants with a limited seating capacity and people are not required to eat in masks. A grandchild and grandparent can legally share a table. You may be required to mask up when family visits but it's not enforced like in stores. I don't think that the police have ever been called because grandma came to visit but stores and other businesses have been fined and or shut down. I do agree that the laws are not uniformly enforced. I remember the thread where you said that I was nasty to you but I felt that it was mutual. I realize that you see it from your perspective.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics