Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
So lost- carseat help needed please.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 26 2020, 5:19 am
This is the first time we have a car, my other kids we borrowed an infant stroller when we needed one, this baby iyh I need to buy an infant car seat.

If I want to use the carseat in and out of the car I can't buy a convertible right?

Why is there such a huge range of prices? I have no idea what features I'm looking for and what are worth paying for etc.

I am chaseedish so only my husband drives. Maybe we will be in the car once a week and sometimes use uber.

Please help me figure this out. I am on a budget. What do you recommend and why?

amother
Hotpink

Post Wed, Aug 26 2020, 5:28 am
If you are on a budget I recommend getting the lightest car seat available in your price range. There are not too many major differences in infant car seats and since you won't be using it that often it doesn't make sense to overspend.

amother
Babypink

Post Wed, Aug 26 2020, 5:44 am
An infant Bucket seat is the kind that’s easy to get in and out of multiple cars. They last somewhere between 6 and 18 months depending on the size of your child. Personally I bought a graco because it seemed like the right combination of cheap and lightweight.

After that, you need a convertible seat. In theory you can use a convertible seat from the beginning but they’re annoying to transport if you’re not using your own car consistently.

bsy

Post Wed, Aug 26 2020, 5:47 am
Get an infant car seat. They come with a base that it snaps into, but in a taxi, you can just thread the seatbelt through the slots. Graco is probably the cheapest. If you want, you can get a carseat that snaps into a stroller with adaptors or into a snap n go.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Wed, Aug 26 2020, 6:15 am
We always buy Graco. Cheapest (under $100) and scores high on safety ratings

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 26 2020, 7:38 am
amother [ Babypink ] wrote:
An infant Bucket seat is the kind that’s easy to get in and out of multiple cars. They last somewhere between 6 and 18 months depending on the size of your child. Personally I bought a graco because it seemed like the right combination of cheap and lightweight.

After that, you need a convertible seat. In theory you can use a convertible seat from the beginning but they’re annoying to transport if you’re not using your own car consistently.

do u know which Graco is light and inexpensive?

amother
Aquamarine

Post Wed, Aug 26 2020, 7:43 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I just bought snug ride 35lx in target for less than $100 and its super super light

amother
Babypink

Post Wed, Aug 26 2020, 7:56 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

It was the basic model. Cost around $60 I think. Snug fit or something like that maybe?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics