Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Did your daughter/son come with all the school supplies list
Previous  1  2

amother
Lime

Post Thu, Sep 03 2020, 7:25 pm
I have 6 kids in pre1a-12th. They went with all their supplies today. Some kids care home with additional requirements. They have some time to bring them, so I bought them on amazon. My playgroup kid only needed diapers, wipes, and a cup.

amother
Cerise

Post Thu, Sep 03 2020, 7:53 pm
amother [ Sienna ] wrote:
Yes. I have 6 kids in grades pre1a to 8.

Everybody went on the first day with the full list, labeled for both jewish and secular studies.

Show off!
But I’m so happy for you, that must have taken a lot of work on your end.
You should be proud of yourself,
Hatzlocha with all the homework.

silverlining3

Post Thu, Sep 03 2020, 8:15 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
The rulers, book covers, picture of your daughter, tissues, and reinforcements. Chumashim, everything! Were you able to get everything before day 1? And everything labeled. the age, gender. Is your child old enough to take care of it by themselves and any other important detail.

2 kids went the 1st day with all school supplies and labeled bh. They're growing up, yet not the old enough to take care of such.

amother
Copper

Post Thu, Sep 03 2020, 8:44 pm
Elrida just fyi it did not used to be this way when I was growing up.

Over the years it more and more became the "norm".

amother
Maroon

Post Thu, Sep 03 2020, 8:59 pm
Every time I read threads like this I bless my daughters school anew. The day before school starts each student gets a big box delivered to their home with all the school supplies they’ll need for the coming year.

amother
Yellow

Post Thu, Sep 03 2020, 9:24 pm
Youngest, age 10 had everything except for 1 item that she doesn't need until next week anyways. She must have had 40 items on her list. It's actually better than the old days when my older kids were younger. They used to have a shorter list but then they'd come home with a list of another 20 things they need by the next Monday Banging head . This way we are just DONE

My son's (age 13) school deliberately keeps the school supply list very simple (pens, paper and a composition notebook for each class, also 2 thin binder with dividers. That's it. REALLY!) It's marvelous. Takes me 10 minutes to gather the supplies (these are all things we keep in our house) while it takes hours for my youngest.

My oldest is college age now. We had to buy her a laptop. Most expensive school supply list EVER. I'd rather spend 2 hours gathering chatchkies LOL

pause

Post Thu, Sep 03 2020, 9:28 pm
amother [ Maroon ] wrote:
Every time I read threads like this I bless my daughters school anew. The day before school starts each student gets a big box delivered to their home with all the school supplies they’ll need for the coming year.

I wish my schools would do this!

My kids went with their whole list of supplies the first day of school. As annoyed as I was about how specific the list was, I still think it's important for them to have the fresh feeling of being fully equipped and ready for the new year.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Thu, Sep 03 2020, 9:29 pm
amother [ Sienna ] wrote:
Yes. I have 6 kids in grades pre1a to 8.

Everybody went on the first day with the full list, labeled for both jewish and secular studies.

Same here.
Needless to say I’m very proud of myself.
It was lots of effort (and money!) so I’m bragging! Especially because growing up I was one of those kids whose mother didn’t even know where the list was... every year teachers got mad at me.

Side note to teachers: don’t be upset at the KID for heavens sake, call the MOM!!

I feel like a million bucks today.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Thu, Sep 03 2020, 9:30 pm
amother [ Maroon ] wrote:

You serious?
Wow! what an amazing school!!

amother
Black

Post Thu, Sep 03 2020, 9:37 pm
I send most of the list. This year I went shopping two weeks ago since I knew it was going to be crazy for me these last two weeks. Bh I had three family weddings in the last two weeks and one is a sibling so I am still in middle of Sheva brochos. I got almost everything and we packed their briefcases last week. I didn't buy "clear contact paper to be used at home" and I forgot to to get one book for ds. Well DD came home yesterday she must have her notebook covered by today in clear contact paper. I went to three stores AFTER Sheva brochos last night and nobody had so I wrote a note. DD was so scared that she didn't do it. The one book I forgot on D's list I went into two seforim stores last night also.aftwr sheva brochos and none had it. D's came.jome saying he needs it. I emailed the school where I can buy it. They told em which store which is 25 minutes away from me. I told them I won't be getting it until next week.
I didn't label the stuff. I buy double and send as needed during the year.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children