Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Covid positive
Previous  1  2  3  Next

Mama Bear

Post Fri, Sep 18 2020, 12:54 am
OMG NOCH A MAZEL we had summer camps!!! The 2nd wave was inevitable, and can you imagine if the kids were still home from March and now there's a 2nd wave? School closures may happen again, ch'v, and bh there was a brief lull of normalcy in the middle of this craziness.

amother
Pink

Post Fri, Sep 18 2020, 1:07 am
Mama Bear wrote:
OMG NOCH A MAZEL we had summer camps!!! The 2nd wave was inevitable, and can you imagine if the kids were still home from March and now there's a 2nd wave? School closures may happen again, ch'v, and bh there was a brief lull of normalcy in the middle of this craziness.

Why do you have to send children to camp? You can take a vacation as a family, make excursions, do hikes in nature were you won't meet anybody. There is no necessity, during a pandemic, to mix so many children together.

Because Covid-19 was circulating quietly in the camps you promoted, while you claimed it was over and now it is back in the open for everyone to see...

I suppose you are one of the illegal camp promoters. It's interesting that their argument switches now quite smoothly from "there will be no second wave, we have herd immunity, Covid-19 is over" to "the 2nd wave was inevitable". The hypocrisy! The chutzpe of the argument!

Your reckless behavior caused the 2nd wave, and now you are telling us it was inevitable?

ExtraCredit

Post Fri, Sep 18 2020, 1:24 am
Not listening Not listening Not listening

amother
Pink

Post Fri, Sep 18 2020, 1:31 am
ExtraCredit wrote:
Not listening Not listening Not listening

That's the thing all those Covid-deniers don't understand:

Reality will not go away just because you choose to ignore it!!!

And in this case: You are making it worse by ignoring it!

ExtraCredit

Post Fri, Sep 18 2020, 1:35 am
amother [ Pink ] wrote:
That's the thing all those Covid-deniers don't understand:

Reality will not go away just because you choose to ignore it!!!

And in this case: You are making it worse by ignoring it!

Not wanting to hear this debate over and over (and over and over) again doesn’t mean I ignore or deny the fact that covid is unfortunately still here. Puke Puke

amother
Pink

Post Fri, Sep 18 2020, 1:42 am
ExtraCredit wrote:
Not wanting to hear this debate over and over (and over and over) again doesn’t mean I ignore or deny the fact that covid is unfortunately still here. Puke Puke

Sorry. I thought you were saying
"I don't want to hear that precautions are necessary to keep Covid-19 away"

Your gesture did not really look like a polite response...

ExtraCredit

Post Fri, Sep 18 2020, 1:44 am
amother [ Pink ] wrote:

Nope. Never said it and still don’t.

amother
Aqua

Post Fri, Sep 18 2020, 1:44 am
I sort of agree with Mama Bear. My daughter attended her usual summer camp in Pennsylvania which was open legally. They took many precautions, from having everyone tested before coming to having a completely closed campus. Anyone who got sick with anything like covid-19 symptoms was tested and B"H they had no cases. Since camp was essentially one big quarantine, they did not make the kids wear masks and they were allowed to hang out fairly normally. They kept the divisions apart to be safer and did a lot more stuff outside in open tents instead of indoors like they normally would have. DD was able to have 6 weeks of almost normalcy after months of not seeing any of her friends in person and before coming back to a school year of masks and plexiglass. I am so grateful that she was able to have that.

However, I am also annoyed (to put it mildly) at the camps that opened illegally. I wouldn't care if they had followed any precautions, but from what I've heard from other moms and read right here on Imamother, there was barely a pretense other than not going through the main gate. I am annoyed at all the people who are being selfish and not taking this pandemic seriously. I am annoyed at all the people who refuse to take the simple precautions of wearing a mask and social distancing and avoiding large gatherings and who are bringing back this mageifa to this community. I already sat shiva once this year and I would prefer not to have to go through that again so soon.

ExtraCredit

Post Fri, Sep 18 2020, 1:52 am
amother [ Pink ] wrote:

Your gesture did not really look like a polite response...

Sorry my emojis were just a visual of how I felt when I saw the camp debate back again. Nothing personal. P.s. I didn’t hug your post either.

amother
Pink

Post Fri, Sep 18 2020, 1:55 am
ExtraCredit wrote:
Sorry my emojis were just a visual of how I felt when I saw the camp debate back again. Nothing personal. P.s. I didn’t hug your post either.

I wouldn't mind a good hug, even from a stranger, as long as it is virtual...
Smile Smile Smile

ExtraCredit

Post Fri, Sep 18 2020, 1:58 am
amother [ Pink ] wrote:
I wouldn't mind a good hug, even from a stranger, as long as it is virtual...
Smile Smile Smile

Well you got a virtual one.
A real one will need to wait till they get a vaccine.

amother
Pink

Post Fri, Sep 18 2020, 3:00 am
ExtraCredit wrote:
Well you got a virtual one.
A real one will need to wait till they get a vaccine.

Hope the vaccine will be available soon...
Or a more harmless mutation of the virus.

Me too, I am fed up with this epidemic.

amother
Plum

Post Fri, Sep 18 2020, 3:26 am
amother [ Aubergine ] wrote:
It looks like my family will be in quarantine too.
Our rav in shul requested that whoever didn’t have the virus yet, to please get tested so we can arrange minyanim like that.
I tested negative. My husband tested positive. With zero symptoms.
So now I am on a cooking marathon. Trying to cook for Yom Tov and stock up the freezer. I know it’s harsh to say, but If I am supposed to get it, I hope I get it now and not in 2 weeks from now. I really don’t want to be stuck at home so long.
As to where he might have caught it. A very close family member works in a doctors office. He has been working there for awhile and never got the virus. But now it looks like he might have brought it home. You can’t be too careful. With this reasoning, I should keep all my kids home from school for the next few months just because of this family member who is exposed to it on a daily basis. And he never got the virus himself.

So my neighbor offered to buy challos for me. And as for the rest. Will be whatever will be. That’s all I can say.
Hope for the best and refuah sheleima to all

Do you by any chance have O+ blood? My Husband tested positive right after Purim and has antibodies and I tested negative no antibodies. He had no symptoms just slight stomachache. At that point no one had heard that it’s possible for one spouse to have while the other didn’t. I have O+ and lots of people told me that O+ dont really get it and our immune system is better.

Raisin

Post Fri, Sep 18 2020, 5:06 am
There is also a possibility that the virus is less severe in the summer. So may be better to get it now then later in the winter.

Refuah Shleima! Make sure you know what to look out for in case symptoms get worse on yom tov.

amother
Pink

Post Fri, Sep 18 2020, 5:13 am
Raisin wrote:
There is also a possibility that the virus is less severe in the summer. So may be better to get it now then later in the winter.

Refuah Shleima! Make sure you know what to look out for in case symptoms get worse on yom tov.

We are all hoping for a more benign mutation...

But case fatality rates are still around 3%....

Bluepink

Post Fri, Sep 18 2020, 5:14 am
amother [ Plum ] wrote:
Do you by any chance have O+ blood? My Husband tested positive right after Purim and has antibodies and I tested negative no antibodies. He had no symptoms just slight stomachache. At that point no one had heard that it’s possible for one spouse to have while the other didn’t. I have O+ and lots of people told me that O+ dont really get it and our immune system is better.

I am O+ but I got a pretty bad case of coronavirus in March and it knocked me out for two weeks plus...

FranticFrummie

Post Fri, Sep 18 2020, 6:20 am
I really hope that all the posters who were insisting that their kids go back to school, come hell or high water, are reading this right now.

OP, I wish you and your family a refuah sheleimah, and a happy and healthy new year. Hug

amother
Brown

Post Fri, Sep 18 2020, 7:01 am
There will be a spike in cases after RH.

People still aren't listening. Someone took a photo of a group of local high school girls all in uniform, no masks, clustered together talking and laughing in a large group outside someone's home - supposedly a gathering for some kind of class event at someone's house.

The standards where I live are willy nilly, from super strict to literally nothing.

amother
Green

Post Fri, Sep 18 2020, 7:35 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
I really hope that all the posters who were insisting that their kids go back to school, come hell or high water, are reading this right now.

OP, I wish you and your family a refuah sheleimah, and a happy and healthy new year. Hug

Anyone who sent their kids back to school this year did so knowing there are risks. Whoever wasn't comfortable with those risks kept their kids home. Keeping schools closed is not the solution.

amother
Coral

Post Fri, Sep 18 2020, 7:49 am
Mama Bear wrote:

Didn't Cuomo says schools can stay open unless positivity rate reaches 9%. It's unlikely to go that high in NY, especially if people wear masks.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics