Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Is there a reason to test?
1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 10:25 pm
Cold symptoms. Runny nose which turned into wet, clogged nose, lots of nose blowing, which leads to coughing up phlegm. No other symptoms, no fever, no loss of smell or taste. Feeling lousy like every time when have a cold
To me this a basic cold. I don’t see why I need to jump to corona... but wondering ur thoughts.

amother
Lavender

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 10:29 pm
Was just about to post a similar thread. Any reason to test for what feels like a cold?

amother
Mint

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 10:30 pm
I don't understand why anyone would test. If you're not feeling well, stay home and keep away from people whether it's flu, corona, or a cold. What will you gain by knowing if it is or isn't covid?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 10:32 pm
amother [ Mint ] wrote:
I don't understand why anyone would test. If you're not feeling well, stay home and keep away from people whether it's flu, corona, or a cold. What will you gain by knowing if it is or isn't covid?

Bec if it is corona then u need to be home a lot longer than when u stay home a couple days until ur cold goes away.

challahchallah

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 10:34 pm
amother [ Mint ] wrote:

If I know for sure it’s just a cold not corona, I would feel comfortable with asymptotic household members continuing to leave the house (with the same precautions we are currently taking such as masks and social distancing). If it’s corona, then no one in the household leaves the house for any reason except for emergency medical care.

ohmygosh

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 10:35 pm
It's change of season. Every other person has a cold. You don't need to assume covid for for every cold, or you'll be testing all winter.

agreer

I had exactly your symptoms. I tested out of due diligence bc I do not Chas veshalom want to spread it out of negligence.

Bh it came back negative. Was just a cold. But I took major precautions while waiting for my results.

If you think it's just a cold, why not test and be sure? Then you won't have to limit yourself so strictly over yomtov.

If it is positive, won't you be glad you tested?

amother
OP

challahchallah wrote:
If I know for sure it’s just a cold not corona, I would feel comfortable with asymptotic household members continuing to leave the house (with the same precautions we are currently taking such as masks and social distancing). If it’s corona, then no one in the household leaves the house for any reason except for emergency medical care.

Yes. This too.

amother
Khaki

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 10:37 pm
ohmygosh wrote:
It's change of season. Every other person has a cold. You don't need to assume covid for for every cold, or you'll be testing all winter.

Except that if people are hand-washing, SDing, masking, there will be fewer colds in the first place.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 10:38 pm
agreer wrote:
I had exactly your symptoms. I tested out of due diligence bc I do not Chas veshalom want to spread it out of negligence.

Bh it came back negative. Was just a cold. But I took major precautions while waiting for my results.

If you think it's just a cold, why not test and be sure? Then you won't have to limit yourself so strictly over yomtov.

If it is positive, won't you be glad you tested?

I want there to really be a valid reason to test so I don’t put the entire families on hold for a few days while waiting for results without it being necessary. Like someone else said I’ll likely be testing and keeping pple home awaiting results all winter when everyone inevitably develops a cold.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 10:44 pm
Call and ask your doctor.

amother
Wine

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 10:45 pm
I'd only test if you have fever in addition to other symptoms.

amother
Wine

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 10:47 pm
amother [ Khaki ] wrote:
Except that if people are hand-washing, SDing, masking, there will be fewer colds in the first place.

Delete

amother
Mint

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 10:47 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Call and ask your doctor.

FTR, my kids' pediatrician tells everyone not to test. Just today he told me, People call me what to do their kid tested positive. I tell them, who asked you to test? Once you test, you have to follow guidelines and then I'm the bad guy who has to tell them they need to quarantine kid and whole family for 14 days. If you won't be happy with the results, then don't test.

vintagebknyc

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 10:50 pm
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
Hand washing, masks, and SD don't prevent catching a cold due to the changing weather. You can't catch a cold from a person that has a cold. It's cold season, hand washing and SD won't prevent a common cold.

You can't catch a cold without germs. Hand washing and SD prevent the spread of germs. You don't actually get a cold due to changing weather, you get a cold from germs.

I was raised by a nurse and a doctor, the common cold comes from germs, not weather.

amother
Gold

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 10:59 pm
I wouldn't test for those symptoms. DD has a cold. I know she caught it because of change of seasons and my house was freezing over rosh Hashanah. I would not test her.
In general unless someone has major symptoms I wouldn't test.

amother
Burlywood

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 11:05 pm
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
Hand washing, masks, and SD don't prevent catching a cold due to the changing weather. You can't catch a cold from a person that has a cold. It's cold season, hand washing and SD won't prevent a common cold.

You are completely, utterly, totally wrong.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/dis.....panel

amother
Wine

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 11:10 pm
amother [ Burlywood ] wrote:
You are completely, utterly, totally wrong.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/dis.....panel

I hear, but is it really not possible for you to find a nicer way to say it? This nasty attitude on imamother is getting to me, I hope people are nicer in real life.

amother
Seafoam

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 11:11 pm
DD had mediocre cold symptoms for a few days. I kept her home from school. She’s doing much better now BH. Now I suddenly have these same symptoms. I will stay home from work, but I don’t think I’ll test. No fever or major symptoms.

amother
Burlywood

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 11:16 pm
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
I hear, but is it really not possible for you to find a nicer way to say it? This nasty attitude on imamother is getting to me, I hope people are nicer in real life.

The views you were espousing are dangerous and need to be stopped.
Page 1 of 5 1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics