Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
My son said his SIET hit him
Previous  1  2  3

seeker

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 3:39 pm
octopus wrote:
Ok. I understand this point. But do you know what a seit is? This is a licensed special ed teacher. Not a classroom teacher that is dealing with who knows how many kids. This is a teacher that works one on one with a child in the classroom. Why any seit would risk her license and any future job is beyond me. Sure, anything is possible, but in my experience a bad seit will just not do her job/looking at her phone all the time not hurt their ONE student. When I've witnessed abuse in the classroom it was a classroom teacher.

Eta: a seit has a lot of bosses. The agency, the school, the preschool director, the classroom teacher and the parent. There are a lot of eyes on him/her.

You could say the same for so many types of professionals who happen to also be really creepy people. They risk it if they can get away with it.

That said, all the SEITs I work with are truly delightful people who are amazing with children and wouldn't hurt a fly. I agree that the worst I've seen in bad SEITs are ones who just aren't into their job. Sometimes people go into it because it looks easy... but I have heard about more than seen this. I don't know if I've ever personally observed a disengaged SEIT but I've heard enough about them to believe that it's a thing.

gold21

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 3:48 pm
octopus wrote:
Why are you all jumping that the seit hit him? Seit could've bumped into him side stepping another kid and by mistake hurt him. Why am I trying to make "excuses?" Because I work in preschool and it's very easy to trip over the kids wearing the mask that blocks half your view.

Exactly.

Some moms get very worked up very quickly when it comes to their kids- it's much more advisable to think rationally about this and not jump to any wild conclusions. It's in everyone's best interest. That's not to say that you shouldn't be cautious and advocate for your child- it simply means that jumping to conclusions is generally a bad idea.

amother
Slateblue

Post Fri, Oct 02 2020, 1:30 pm
Know your kid, if your kid is the type that mixes up stories or could lie or misunderstand a bump for hitting that's one thing, but some kids are very mature and reliable, if this is your kid, take him out.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics