Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
City select question

queen esther

Post Thu, Oct 08 2020, 9:03 pm
Looking into this stroller...I like a lot about it but concerned that bigger toddler will grow out of it sooner? I tend to have tall kids, and not sure if having that footrest is the best idea, as opposed to strollers that have more room for their legs just to go down? Anyone who can share for how long they were able to use the stroller? Or what you liked/disliked? Thanks!

Just One

Post Thu, Oct 08 2020, 10:16 pm
I never actually bought it but was looking into it a year ago. What turned me off was pushing someone else's which was less than 2 years old and it really didn't wheel smooth. The wheels and shocks seem to go quickly

amother
Pumpkin

Post Thu, Oct 08 2020, 10:20 pm
I posted about about mine here
https://www.imamother.com/foru.....00157

queen esther

Post Thu, Oct 08 2020, 11:38 pm
Thanks for the reply!
And also other poster thanks for the link!

aussie2

Post Tue, Oct 13 2020, 10:00 am
so interesting that poster than mentioned that it didn't wheel well.. I've used mine for much longer& what I love about it is the wheels.. I feel like the push is quite smooth.

In terms of a taller child- I hear the concern but I found that if u adjust the footrest to be more down it works ok..

The downsides of this stroller I found to be-
#1 I found folding it to be difficult. You need 2 hands to fold it & a decent amount of strength..
#2 The stroller itself is kinda heavy (but I guess many are.. I was comparing it to a city mini which is def lighter & easier to fold.. However, I found the push of a city mini isn't nearly as good.. & it isn't as pretty .. u can't put child facing u etc..
Long story short e/ stroller has pluses & minuses & u need to figure out which features are most important to u..)

sky

Post Tue, Oct 13 2020, 10:19 am
A similar option - but not as many seating options - is the Phil and ted.
It pushes amazing. I’m on my second one now. You can find really good deals online on them.
But it also has lots of the downsides you have with other inline strollers

Moonlight

Post Tue, Oct 13 2020, 10:45 am
queen esther wrote:
Looking into this stroller...I like a lot about it but concerned that bigger toddler will grow out of it sooner? I tend to have tall kids, and not sure if having that footrest is the best idea, as opposed to strollers that have more room for their legs just to go down? Anyone who can share for how long they were able to use the stroller? Or what you liked/disliked? Thanks!

My 2.5 yr old is 93% tall. She still uses it. Her legs do not fit in foot rest, they hang down but it doesn't bother her.
More annoying is that the hood doesnt really fit over her head....
But I still really like the carriage

queen esther

Post Tue, Oct 13 2020, 2:41 pm
Thanks for the replies and feedback from you two with kids using it- especially about the height, I really appreciate it. Glad it sounds like it's working out.
Totally agree it's heavier but trying to decide if the other features are worth it over a lighter city mini. Part of my issue is that it's been many years since my youngest is in a stroller so I kind of forgot how much I'll be putting in and out of car or not, or how it will be used every day. Trying to imagine what I'll need but hard to know...

queen esther

Post Tue, Oct 13 2020, 2:42 pm
sky wrote:
A similar option - but not as many seating options - is the Phil and ted.
It pushes amazing. I’m on my second one now. You can find really good deals online on them.
But it also has lots of the downsides you have with other inline strollers

Thanks for the idea! Will take a look
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics