Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Fish
It was soo dry

PeanutButter

Post Thu, Feb 21 2008, 12:43 pm
I baked salmon fish for dinner last night. It was sooo dry!

Any ideas how I could make it taste better next time?!

(my dh ~hates~ mayonnaise, mustard, and anything that contains those stuff.)

Lani22

Post Thu, Feb 21 2008, 12:45 pm
You can marinate it in lemon juice/olive oil and spices, terriyake sauce, you can make a pickled salmon recipe- usually comes out very moist.
My sister makes salmon by wrapping each portion in a foil tent and she adds diced up tomatoes, garlic, olive oil and spices- very moist and delicious.

Last edited by Lani22 on Thu, Feb 21 2008, 12:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

cassandra

Post Thu, Feb 21 2008, 12:45 pm
Don't bake it, broil it. Also, if you don't overcook it, it will not dry out. Once you see white coming out of the fish you know you've overcooked it.

PeanutButter

Post Thu, Feb 21 2008, 12:48 pm
cassandra wrote:
Once you see white coming out of the fish you know you've overcooked it.

Oh, really? that's an interesting fact! In fact, my fish was more-less covered in white.. haha! What a balabusta! Wink

How long should I let it bake, or broil?

Tehilla

Post Thu, Feb 21 2008, 1:11 pm
I bake mine, but add in a small amount of water that steams and keeps the fish moist, and use olive oil and spices. sometimes it helps to cover it with foil to keep moisture in, but I usually leave mine uncovered because we like the top to get crispy.

amother

Post Thu, Feb 21 2008, 1:15 pm
I recently moved and dont have a kosher oven yet, so I made salmon in the frying pan. I first put a little olive oil with sliced onions, zuccini and tomatoes. Once the vegies were somewhat cooked I added the salmon ontop with fresh lemon, salt and pepper. Cover and cook for 15 min. top- not more. It comes out so tasty and fresh! It's not dry at all.

gamekeeper

Post Thu, Feb 21 2008, 1:17 pm
a salmon fillet should be put into a boiming hot oven for no longer than 15 mins.

Barbara

Post Thu, Feb 21 2008, 2:41 pm
PeanutButter wrote:
I baked salmon fish for dinner last night. It was sooo dry!

Any ideas how I could make it taste better next time?!

(my dh ~hates~ mayonnaise, mustard, and anything that contains those stuff.)

Poach it. Take salmon filets, squirt on a little lemon or lime juice, and top with chopped red bell peppers, or onions if you want. Add a little salt and pepper. Heat some wine (leftover stuff is OK) in a frying pan, add salmon, boil wine, turn down flame to low, cover, cook 10 to 15 minutes, until flakes easily. You can check it at 8 to 10 minutes, then regularly thereafter, for done-ness.

MahPitom

Post Thu, Feb 21 2008, 3:51 pm
don't bake form ore than 20 minutes. if you fluff it with a form, it shoudl move with the fork, and not be rubbery. that's all!

greenfire

Post Fri, Feb 22 2008, 9:42 am
yup ... too long ... gotta broil around 15 minutes ... check to make sure ... and should eat while just done - always best ... or if your broiler is too hot bake it first 10 min and broil for 5 ...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics