Home

Anti Semitism replacing Racism
1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> In the News


View latest: 24h 48h 72h


sneakermom




 
 
 
 

Post  Tue, Oct 20 2020, 12:00 am
As individuals and as a group. All people have parts of themselves that they wish to banish. Shamed, disgusted or helpless parts. And all individuals have parts that are aggressive, fighting and divisive.

In the past. Sadly. Racism was a way to give those parts an outlet. A scapegoat that would accept the unacceptable parts of ourselves. So that everyone could feel quietly or unquietly superior and justified.

Today the world has shifted. It’s no longer acceptable to be racist. (Nor should it be!). Even more. The world has gone on some racism manhunt. So if you even breathe the wrong way. You might be tarred and feathered.

Instead it’s become vogue to be Anti Semitic.

So while boro park, Williamsburg and other frum areas might not be socially distancing like the upper west side folks. Because they plotzed from it back in March, because they would rather bite the bullet instead of hide forever, because the culture pulls the people to be together rather than apart, because everyone is living in such closed quarters anyway. Whatever.

And this type of attitude towards the pandemic is seen similarly in many other ethnic neighborhoods. And in other parts of the world.

Suddenly it became okay to single out the Jews! To use language that depicts us back into our old stereotypes. Dirty, diseased, the cause of all the trouble, needing to be singled out, and deserving to be bullied.

This creates an atmosphere of “other”. Once that’s created. The “other” doesn’t deserve or need the same compassion and rights as the group. They are “less than” and to them, the rules of human rights don’t apply.

The “other” works very well as a place to project their own banished parts. The unacceptable. A whole population of unacceptable certainly eases the pressure on ones own internal unacceptable parts.

It was Hitler’s approach to the Jews. And it’s Cuomo’s approach right now too.

True Cuomo is not the president. And there’s hope for things to turn around. But Cuomo put the kettle of anti semitism onto the fire to boil.

Some of us Jews are enraged. Some of us are scared. Some of us are waiting for this to blow over. And some of us are buying into that we deserve this treatment. Takeh! We are unacceptable.

This is when we turn against each other. Which weakens is further.

We don’t have to all agree on how to approach this pandemic. Heck. There are no easy answers. We are all scared, exhausted and wary of the future.

But we should never buy into that we deserve to be bullied. That we deserve to be “other”.

Don’t side with the aggressor. Even if you disagree with the approach of the victim.

We need to stand together. As a strong unified group against hate and bigotry.


Last edited by sneakermom on Tue, Oct 20 2020, 12:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top

Einikel




 
 
 
 

Post  Tue, Oct 20 2020, 12:02 am
sneakermom wrote:
As individuals and as a group. All people have parts of themselves that they wish to banish. Shamed, disgusted or helpless parts. And all individuals have parts that are aggressive, fighting and divisive.

In the past. Sadly. Racism was a way to give those parts an outlet. A scapegoat that would accept the unacceptable parts of ourselves. So that everyone could feel quietly or unquietly superior and justified.

Today the world has shifted. It’s no longer acceptable to be racist. (Nor should it be!). Even more. The world has gone on some racism manhunt. So if you even breathe the wrong way. You might be tarred and feathered.

Instead it’s become vogue to be Anti Semitic.

So while boro park, Williamsburg and other frum areas might not be socially distancing like the upper west side folks. Because they plotzed from it back in March, because they would rather bite the bullet instead of hide forever, because the culture pulls the people to be together rather than apart, because everyone is living in such closed quarters anyway. Whatever.

And this type of attitude towards the pandemic is seen similarly in many other ethnic neighborhoods. And in other parts of the world.

Suddenly it became okay to single out the Jews! To use language that depicts us back into our old stereotypes. Dirty, diseased, the cause of all the trouble, needing to be singled out, and deserving to be bullied.

This creates an atmosphere of “other”. Once that’s created. The “other” doesn’t deserve or need the same compassion and rights as the group. They are “less than” and to them, the rules of human rights don’t apply.

The “other” works very well as a place to project their own banished parts. The unacceptable. A whole population of unacceptable certainly eases the pressure on ones own internal unacceptable parts.

It was Hitler’s approach to the Jews. And it’s Cuomo’s approach right now too.

True we Cuomo is not the president. And there hope for things to turn around. But Cuomo put the kettle of anti semitism onto the fire to boil.

Some of us Jews are enraged. Some of us are scared. Some of us are waiting for this to blow over. And some of us are buying into that we deserve this treatment. Takeh! We are unacceptable.

This is when we turn against each other. Which weakens is further.

We don’t have to all agree on how to approach this pandemic. Heck. There are no easy answers. We are all scared, exhausted and wary of the future.

But we should never buy into that we deserve to be bullied. That we deserve to be “other”.

Don’t side with the aggressor. Even if you disagree with the approach of the victim.

We need to stand together. As a strong unified group against hate and bigotry.



👏👏👏👏
Back to top

yksraya




 
 
 
 

Post  Tue, Oct 20 2020, 12:03 am
Well said.
Back to top

flowerpower




 
 
 
 

Post  Tue, Oct 20 2020, 12:08 am
Great post. Thank you!!!
Back to top

flowerpower




 
 
 
 

Post  Tue, Oct 20 2020, 12:10 am
Someone’s kids got spit on by a woman in a park on chol hamoed.

Another family wasn’t allowed to get onto the ferry because jews have covid.

This is real. It’s happening. It’s scary
Back to top

IsraeliSoul




 
 
 
 

Post  Tue, Oct 20 2020, 12:12 am
You’re so right
Back to top

Fox




 
 
 
 

Post  Tue, Oct 20 2020, 12:15 am
None of this happened overnight. We've had plenty of warnings.

First, when anti-semites like Linda Sarsour were elevated to roles of media darlings.

Then, when antisemitism was increasingly dismissed as "anti-Zionism" by people who should know better.

Last winter, when attacks against Jews in Brooklyn became a daily occurence and fatal attacks against Jews occurred in Monsey and NJ. Mayor de Blasio and Governor Cuomo shrugged their shoulders and agreed that attacking people is a bad thing. The ADL and similar groups put out press releases saying that antisemitic attacks are a very bad thing and ought not to happen.

And here we are.

We were worth protecting as long as we were a reliable voting bloc. Absent that role, elected officials and establishment Jewish institutions find us expendable.
Back to top

Rappel




 
 
 
 

Post  Tue, Oct 20 2020, 3:07 am
Quote:
That we [don't] deserve to be “other”.


But we do deserve to be other. In every way, we are other.

IMHO, the mission of this generation is to relearn how to be an independent nation.

We are not American. We are not British. We are not French. We are Bnei Yisrael, and we need to understand what that means.
Back to top

simcha2




 
 
 
 

Post  Tue, Oct 20 2020, 7:34 am
Fox wrote:
None of this happened overnight. We've had plenty of warnings.

First, when anti-semites like Linda Sarsour were elevated to roles of media darlings.

Then, when antisemitism was increasingly dismissed as "anti-Zionism" by people who should know better.

Last winter, when attacks against Jews in Brooklyn became a daily occurence and fatal attacks against Jews occurred in Monsey and NJ. Mayor de Blasio and Governor Cuomo shrugged their shoulders and agreed that attacking people is a bad thing. The ADL and similar groups put out press releases saying that antisemitic attacks are a very bad thing and ought not to happen.

And here we are.

We were worth protecting as long as we were a reliable voting bloc. Absent that role, elected officials and establishment Jewish institutions find us expendable.


But it's far more than that.

Just look at the conspiracy theories out there. They all have an underpinning of antisemitism. Q, Soros etc all hark back to the medieval antisemitism of Jews running the world, the puppet masters behind the deep state.
It is so insidious that there are frum women parroting these tropes.

We are the scapegoats from both ends.
Back to top

exaustedmom




 
 
 
 

Post  Tue, Oct 20 2020, 9:23 am
simcha2 wrote:
But it's far more than that.

Just look at the conspiracy theories out there. They all have an underpinning of antisemitism. Q, Soros etc all hark back to the medieval antisemitism of Jews running the world, the puppet masters behind the deep state.
It is so insidious that there are frum women parroting these tropes.

We are the scapegoats from both ends.


Im not worried about George Soros. We have real anti semitism happening now because of our so called politician friends are using jews as a scapegoat and the media is gladly running with it. It is shameful how we are being portrayed now in the media. Trust me, they would never dare to do this to any other ethnicity.
Back to top

dancingqueen




 
 
 
 

Post  Tue, Oct 20 2020, 9:32 am
exaustedmom wrote:
Im not worried about George Soros. We have real anti semitism happening now because of our so called politician friends are using jews as a scapegoat and the media is gladly running with it. It is shameful how we are being portrayed now in the media. Trust me, they would never dare to do this to any other ethnicity.


Her point I assume is that George Soros is used as a scapegoat from the right, so actually Jews are being scapegoated by both sides. Lucky us. 😒
Back to top

exaustedmom




 
 
 
 

Post  Tue, Oct 20 2020, 9:35 am
dancingqueen wrote:
Her point I assume is that George Soros is used as a scapegoat from the right, so actually Jews are being scapegoated by both sides. Lucky us. 😒


Nobody ever beat up a jew in Brooklyn yelling "this is for George Soros". Let's stick to the real problem here instead of trying to make it like its even from both sides.
Back to top

dancingqueen




 
 
 
 

Post  Tue, Oct 20 2020, 9:47 am
exaustedmom wrote:
Nobody ever beat up a jew in Brooklyn yelling "this is for George Soros". Let's stick to the real problem here instead of trying to make it like its even from both sides.


Pittsburgh?
Back to top

simcha2




 
 
 
 

Post  Tue, Oct 20 2020, 9:49 am
exaustedmom wrote:
Nobody ever beat up a jew in Brooklyn yelling "this is for George Soros". Let's stick to the real problem here instead of trying to make it like its even from both sides.


This is technically correct, but wrong in essence.

The Tree of Life massacre was precipitated by a conflation of hatred of immigrants with blaming the jews, as represented by Soros sponsoring the migrant caravans. (He didn't, of course, but that was the rhetoric in far right discourse)
Back to top

PinkFridge




 
 
 
 

Post  Tue, Oct 20 2020, 9:54 am
The political science lesson is useful and offers lots of food for thought.
As Parashas Vayishlach teaches, it is incumbent on us to behave appropriately during galus. It also teaches us that it's not simply political cause and effect but something profound and metaphysical. We do need to stand together, and love each other. And maybe when we say birchas hachodesh next month, and get to the passage, Mi she'asa nissim, chaveirim kol Yisrael will be reality, not some impossible we-can-dnly-dream-of miracle.
Back to top

exaustedmom




 
 
 
 

Post  Tue, Oct 20 2020, 9:56 am
simcha2 wrote:
This is technically correct, but wrong in essence.

The Tree of Life massacre was precipitated by a conflation of hatred of immigrants with blaming the jews, as represented by Soros sponsoring the migrant caravans. (He didn't, of course, but that was the rhetoric in far right discourse)


On a whole, MOST anti semitism in this country comes from the LEFT. FACT!!
Back to top

imasoftov




 
 
 
 

Post  Tue, Oct 20 2020, 9:58 am
exaustedmom wrote:
On a whole, MOST anti semitism in this country comes from the LEFT. FACT!!

Citation needed.
Back to top

leah233




 
 
 
 

Post  Tue, Oct 20 2020, 10:02 am
Much as I hate George Soros and agree that he is loyal to his upbringing of being a Jewish anti-Semite he is in fact a cause of the anti-Semitism on the far right.

Luckily the anti-Semites on the far right are much less of a current risk than the anti-Semites on the left but don't downplay his role.

As the saying goes. "To an anti-Semite George Soros is a Hasidic"
Back to top

simcha2




 
 
 
 

Post  Tue, Oct 20 2020, 10:05 am
exaustedmom wrote:
On a whole, MOST anti semitism in this country comes from the LEFT. FACT!!


What's to gain from this attitude?

Either you are correct, but that doesn't eliminate the antisemitism on the right (as demonstrated by the murders in Pittsburgh and Poway).
Or you are wrong.

And truthfully I think it is impossible to measure.

How is it reassuring to put the "blame" more on one side or the other?
Back to top

chanatron1000




 
 
 
 

Post  Tue, Oct 20 2020, 10:07 am
Strong loyalty to the left or the right causes people to tolerate anti-Semitism. If the opposition to the other major party is stronger than the opposition to anti-Semitism, it's only natural.
Back to top
1, 2  Next Recent Topics

Page 1 of 2 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> In the News

Related Topics Replies Last Post
MSM and anti Israel bias 13 Tue, Nov 17 2020, 2:07 pm View last post
Replacing toilet 3 Sun, Nov 15 2020, 7:43 am View last post
[ Poll ] If you are NOT anti vax....
by amother
4 Sun, Nov 08 2020, 2:10 pm View last post
Replacing moldy rubber on front loader-Lakewood
by amother
6 Mon, Oct 26 2020, 8:55 am View last post
Anti-Aging Creams
by amother
1 Tue, Oct 20 2020, 10:44 am View last post