Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
Do you hang or dry cotton stretchies?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 2:23 pm
It’s been years since my last baby, and I can’t recall what I used to do. In general I’m the type who hangs most clothing including tee shirts and sweatshirts. I use dryer for pajamas, socks, underwear mostly. I’m packing my hospital bag and want to pack a few new stretchies I bought but I’m worried they will shrink in dryer. But will they stay soft if they hang dry? I can wash with dreft if that helps...

Blessing1

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 2:24 pm
I hang to dry. If you use fabric softner, they stay soft.

Last edited by Blessing1 on Tue, Oct 20 2020, 2:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

Einikel

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 2:25 pm
Dryer

lucky14

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 2:25 pm
I hang dry.

mha3484

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 2:26 pm
Dryer but I dry all clothing on low or medium. I only use high heat for towels and sheets.

amother
Powderblue

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 2:26 pm
If they are from a regular mainstream brand I dry them. If they are from a Jewish store I hang.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 2:40 pm
Blessing1 wrote:
I hang to dry. If you use fabric softner, they stay soft.

Do you know if dreft keeps clothing soft?

ra_mom

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 3:43 pm
Machine dry sleep & play PJ type stretchies (size up to allow room for shrinkage).
Clothes stretchies, smooth out and lay flat to dry.

Last edited by ra_mom on Tue, Oct 20 2020, 3:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

tymama

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 3:44 pm
I always hang or dry on rack all kids clothes. They stay brighter that way

amother
Ginger

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 4:07 pm
I have no dryer and air dry everything unless it's a real emergency and we need dry things NOW. Air drying prolongs the life of the clothes. Besides, hot-air drying causes shrinkage.

zaq

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 4:12 pm
amother [ Powderblue ] wrote:
If they are from a regular mainstream brand I dry them. If they are from a Jewish store I hang.

What does the religion of the store owner have to do with anything? If you weren't on imamother and supposedly a frum jewish woman I'd suspect you of being an anti-semite. Why couldn't you just say "if it's from an off-brand or no-name brand" instead of casting aspersions on your own people? (And anonymously, too.) You know this forum IS visible to the public. Shame on you.

amother
Tangerine

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 4:25 pm
Dry on low

amother
Powderblue

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 4:49 pm
zaq wrote:
What does the religion of the store owner have to do with anything? If you weren't on imamother and supposedly a frum jewish woman I'd suspect you of being an anti-semite. Why couldn't you just say "if it's from an off-brand or no-name brand" instead of casting aspersions on your own people? (And anonymously, too.) You know this forum IS visible to the public. Shame on you.

Sheesh. I am a frum woman and not an anti semite. When I buy stuff from carters, gap, nordstrom rack etc., I always dry those things in a dryer. The label says I can, so I do.. The stuff I buy from jewish stores (which is typically more expensive) usually calls for washing on cold/delicate and hang to dry. I am too nervous to risk those expensive things in a dryer!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 4:56 pm
amother [ Ginger ] wrote:
I have no dryer and air dry everything unless it's a real emergency and we need dry things NOW. Air drying prolongs the life of the clothes. Besides, hot-air drying causes shrinkage.

Yes that’s exactly what I’m worried about (shrinking).
Don’t need the clothes to last that long as they usually grow out of it pretty quickly.

mommy12

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 5:18 pm
I dry everything on low heat.

amother
Black

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 5:56 pm
zaq wrote:

Chill. I read the comment and had similar thought, but didn't feel it necessary to say. It's fine if you did, but the shame on you is excessive.
(In general, the amount of times I've read posts ending in shame on you astonishes me. Since when is it acceptable for adults to say shame on you to other adults?)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics