Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
What do you do because you saw it growing up?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

crust

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 12:03 pm
But gamze I encourage you to toivel yours.

Ah! The pleasure of dumping an entire box of Cortland plus 4 bags of rhubarb plus 40 plums and still having room in the same pot?!

You gotta try it.

(Then you get spoiled and you wonder why you can't throw two cases of apples in there... Wink )

Sunny Days

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 12:10 pm
Come on crust, you really think I would make you getup from your chair?
Just give us an Amazon link!

I had a tavah to get a huge pot & then every time we were going to toivel & cook in bulk, right after I made a huge butcher order or fruit or vegetable order we landed in the hospital & then we had a huge Baal tashches situation Crying So I got the message that Hashem doesn’t want me to have a stocked freezer 🤷‍♀️

Edited a weird autocorrect

crust

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 12:16 pm
gamzehyaavor wrote:
Come on crust, you really think I would make you getup from your chair?
Just give us an Amazon link!

I had a tavah to get a huge pot & then every time we were going to toivel & cook in bulk, right after I made a huge butcher order or fruit or vegetable order we landed in the hospital & then we had a huge Baal tase his situation Crying So I got the message that Hashem doesn’t want me to have a stocked freezer 🤷‍♀️

Oh my
I'm so sorry about that emergency hospital situation. I hope Hashem inscribed you to a year of מי ינוח...

I'll try to find that link.

But now I'm nervous.
What if people judge my nachas'l?
What if people don't see the beauty?
I'm so self conscious now!

giselle

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 12:17 pm
crust wrote:
Oh my
I'm so sorry about that emergency hospital situation. I hope Hashem inscribed you to a year of מי ינוח...

But now I'm nervous.

Also we’ll prob be able to identify you based on the pot..

Sunny Days

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 12:19 pm
crust wrote:
Oh my

But now I'm nervous.

Wasn’t a one time deal LOL Happened almost a dozen time till I got the message...

We won’t judge! I promise. Bonus of providing link is we can’t even judge how well you wash your pots Laugh Tongue Out

amother
Papaya

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 12:19 pm
rdmom wrote:
We have a family Minhag. We cook fish for pesach and then we cook potatoes in the fish sauce. So we essentially eat salmon, gefilte and a slice of potato for the fish course. This has been going on for at least 70 years. And it’s only on pesach.
Until I found out why. My grandmother told me that one year, when she cooked the fish, she mistakenly oversalted it. So then she cooked the potatoes in to absorb the salt. And the family liked it so it became tradition. Now I do it too. Cuz I love it. Or I take some from my mom. And my husband can’t stop laughing. Cuz it is a weird combo.

My mom cooks her fish like that all year

amother
Pink

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 12:22 pm
I keep potatoes in a wire bin in the pantry and onions and garlic in the fridge
Also tomatoes are kept on the counter

crust

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 12:37 pm
gamzehyaavor wrote:
Wasn’t a one time deal LOL Happened almost a dozen time till I got the message...

We won’t judge! I promise. Bonus of providing link is we can’t even judge how well you wash your pots Laugh Tongue Out

Are you sure you need more pots?
Tongue Out

I'll post the link bli neder when I go through my orders on Amazon.

ExtraCredit

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 12:46 pm
So I tried shlepping out my pots. (Thanks for the exercise). The tall sleek flimsy one has no company on the bottom. Great help. The short chubby one did not want to come out no matter which way I turned it! It kept getting stuck in the hinge of the cabinet! No clue how my cleaning lady got it inside in the first place. Banging head Banging head It’s a corner cabinet. Small opening but lots of space inside. Guess next time I need to use all 40 qts at once I’ll head over to Crust. Or toivel Gamze’s.

silverlining3

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 12:46 pm
I sing/hum along to shabs zemiros.

Is it cuz my mom does so? Maybe
Or rather, genetic, instinct, enjoyment.....u name it

Fave

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 1:02 pm
I’m sure that I’m not the only one that searched “40 quart pots” on Amazon today... just saying.

Sunny Days

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 1:22 pm
crust wrote:
Are you sure you need more pots?
Tongue Out

I'll post the link bli neder when I go through my orders on Amazon.

You catch on quick! Hence the reason I don’t bulk shop anymore or cook in advance = huge pot in storage. Bh it seems to be working. Keh pui pui pui. Have not been in the hospital since March! But I do have a unique PTSD
Pots
Trauma
Sensory
Disease

amother
Yellow

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 1:27 pm
Opening oil with just a slit (with a knife)

Sunny Days

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 1:29 pm
ExtraCredit wrote:
So I tried shlepping out my pots. (Thanks for the exercise). The tall sleek flimsy one has no company on the bottom. Great help. The short chubby one did not want to come out no matter which way I turned it! It kept getting stuck in the hinge of the cabinet! No clue how my cleaning lady got it inside in the first place. Banging head Banging head It’s a corner cabinet. Small opening but lots of space inside. Guess next time I need to use all 40 qts at once I’ll head over to Crust. Or toivel Gamze’s.

Will you cook directly in the cabinet? Or bang it open with a hammer? What

acemom

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 1:34 pm
amother [ Yellow ] wrote:
Opening oil with just a slit (with a knife)

I open oil containers with toothpick pricks into the foil covering the opening.

Are we only mentioning things we do that have no reason? I think this method is practical so probably doesn't count then....

ExtraCredit

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 1:50 pm
gamzehyaavor wrote:
Will you cook directly in the cabinet? Or bang it open with a hammer? What

Might seriously need to remove the hinges of the cabinet, then store the pot in the washroom. I shouldn’t be needing both 20’s at once till next Elul. So will let it Rest In Peace meanwhile. No clue why my auto correct capitalizes Rest In Peace! What

MiriFr

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 1:53 pm
I keep my broom in the tiny slit of space between my fridge and the wall. I thought it was standard for a really long time!

Last edited by MiriFr on Sun, Oct 25 2020, 1:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

liveandlove.ima

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 1:55 pm
MiriFr wrote:
I keep my broom in the tiny slit of space between my fridge and the wall. I bought it was standard for a really long time!

for how much $$?

MiriFr

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 1:56 pm
mocha wrote:
for how much $$?

A gazillion dollars LOL
Thanks I’ll edit

liveandlove.ima

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 1:58 pm
MiriFr wrote:
A gazillion dollars LOL
Thanks I’ll edit