Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Comfort Wheeled Board or Double Carriage

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 25 2020, 12:08 pm
So I'm debating which one to get. I walk my daughter to and from playgroup every day (15 mins each way). The Comfort Wheeled Board I saw has no straps and I walk fast; I would be afraid she would fall off. Also, it's cold out and I want her to be in a sac, this board can't hold a sac.

The double carriage I'm looking into would be cozy and would work for where I live now, but we're planning to move in a couple of months iyh and I'm not sure how a double carriage would work there (very hilly area). I don't want to get a double carriage (even if I 'only' spend $600 on it) for just a few short months' use.

Anyone living in a hilly area thinks a double carriage is not difficult to get around in?

What would you do?

Blessing1

Post Wed, Nov 25 2020, 12:26 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
So I'm debating which one to get. I walk my daughter to and from playgroup every day (15 mins each way). The Comfort Wheeled Board I saw has no straps and I walk fast; I would be afraid she would fall off. Also, it's cold out and I want her to be in a sac, this board can't hold a sac.

The double carriage I'm looking into would be cozy and would work for where I live now, but we're planning to move in a couple of months iyh and I'm not sure how a double carriage would work there (very hilly area). I don't want to get a double carriage (even if I 'only' spend $600 on it) for just a few short months' use.

Anyone living in a hilly area thinks a double carriage is not difficult to get around in?

What would you do?

How old is your toddler? I think if you live in a hilly area a double stroller is a must. Get one with good wheels. It's hard for toddlers to walk hills.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 25 2020, 12:36 pm
Blessing1 wrote:
How old is your toddler? I think if you live in a hilly area a double stroller is a must. Get one with good wheels. It's hard for toddlers to walk hills.

She'll be 2 when we move iyh. It's either I get the seat or double stroller; that's for when we move as well. She definitely won't be walking hills yet. I'm just not sure which to get.

Blessing1

Post Wed, Nov 25 2020, 12:37 pm
In my experience it's extremely hard to push a stroller with a board up a hill when a child is on it. And downhill isn't so easy either.

amother
Purple

Post Wed, Nov 25 2020, 1:13 pm
As someone with that age difference you're better off with a double. Sometimes my toddler gets tired or scared or just wants to ride. He's walking more and more but it's saved us many times to have that extra seat.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 25 2020, 1:32 pm
Blessing1 wrote:
In my experience it's extremely hard to push a stroller with a board up a hill when a child is on it. And downhill isn't so easy either.

I'll trust you on that!

Thank you and Purple for your advice, think I'll go with the double stroller!

amother
Lime

Post Wed, Nov 25 2020, 5:56 pm
As someone with both board and double, I would go with the double. 2 is still very little. I find the board is great if most of the time the child would walk, so you want a single stroller most of the time, and for the times the toddler is tired or you don't want to have a 40min walk for what should take 10mins, the board is great, just flips down and toddler can sit on it (this is usually closer to the 3yr mark). I have the lascal buggyboard with the seat, so dc can sit.
BUT I find the board attached to my single is much harder to push than my double. Especially if there's hills and uneven surfaces. I am really happy with the mountain buggy duet as a double, it pushes amazingly and is easier on my arms than my board.
Something like the phil and ted sport (if you don't mind one child being under the other) is quite good as it looks size wise more like a single but has the other seat under.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 26 2020, 12:49 pm
amother [ Lime ] wrote:
As someone with both board and double, I would go with the double. 2 is still very little. I find the board is great if most of the time the child would walk, so you want a single stroller most of the time, and for the times the toddler is tired or you don't want to have a 40min walk for what should take 10mins, the board is great, just flips down and toddler can sit on it (this is usually closer to the 3yr mark). I have the lascal buggyboard with the seat, so dc can sit.
BUT I find the board attached to my single is much harder to push than my double. Especially if there's hills and uneven surfaces. I am really happy with the mountain buggy duet as a double, it pushes amazingly and is easier on my arms than my board.
Something like the phil and ted sport (if you don't mind one child being under the other) is quite good as it looks size wise more like a single but has the other seat under.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Nov 26 2020, 1:10 pm
BTW, you do NOT need to spend $600 on a double.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics