Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Long vacation or short, cheap?

dancingqueen

Post Wed, Feb 27 2008, 5:38 pm
With yom tov taken out, my husband has only 6 days off for the entire year. My school breaks are a spring break coming up, and a few weeks in the summer.

The question is is it better to take 1 longer vacation or take a few days off here and there so my husband has days left over? He doesnt get sick very often, and I would love a real vacation.

also, anyone have an ideas for cheapish vacations?

MrsLeo

Post Wed, Feb 27 2008, 7:15 pm
I think a couple of short vacations spread out is better than one long vacation.
I wanted to go to Orlando this winter for 5 days but my husband couldnt take off so many days in a row so instead we decided he would take off one day every month to spend some time together.

greeneyes

Post Wed, Feb 27 2008, 10:50 pm
How about two mini vacations of 3 days each? Three days is a nice chunk of time for a little getaway.

Before my baby was born we took a few little vacations, and we definitely tried to make them as cheap as possible. We did things like hiking, bike riding, fruit picking etc, which are generally pretty inexpensive, & lots of fun.

HooRYou

Post Thu, Feb 28 2008, 2:33 am
I agree with Greeneyes. Especially if you combine the few days that DH already has off with weekends you can actually get a nice space of time to have a vactaion with.

Enjoy!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics